[B18] Show Me Where (Fertility and Buildability colored overlay)

Started by Goude, November 25, 2017, 02:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goude

I was getting a bit fed up trying to keep track of what cells were buildable and where good/bad fertility soils were after playing around with the new swamp biomes so I made this mod to help with that. Adds two new toggles to the bottom-right menu in game that show the overlays, one for buildablity and the other for fertility

Colorblind option in settings!

Fertility Overlay

Just a note for terrain buildability- it's not as black and white as my overlay makes it seem, there are some small objects that can be built on marshy soil for instance. But for walls and doors and most things, it works great.

Seems to be save-friendly, let me know if you have problems.

Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1206990682

MEGA:
https://mega.nz/#F!K9N0xThR!Q5SBLDWOm88VWB6uDezxiQ

Go ahead and throw it in any modpacks or improve on it, I don't mind.

Hope it helps some peeps

fatm3l

This is great. Gonna try it soon. Im also having a hard time placing grow zone to fertile soils

Modo44

Thank you so much. This should have been in vanilla since forever.

PGMP1979

Oh this is great !
An awesome tool for sure.

Request: 1 out of ever 3 man is colorblind in some degree. Would it be possible to replace with red with blue in some manner ?
Or have an option to set the colors.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

PGMP1979

Oh i found the colorblind changes on STEAM thank you !!!!!!!!!! ;D

Layd

A good mod but there are no language files. People themselves translate but do at least English.

Goude

Quote from: Layd on November 29, 2017, 11:59:17 AM
A good mod but there are no language files. People themselves translate but do at least English.

After you said that I went back and tried to add the translate settings for English, but for some reason it's not working for me.

I can't find much to reference about translations except this walk through that includes a bit on it (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33219.0), but no matter what I do, it just says the same thing. I added a Languages/English/Keys folder with a ShowMeWhere_Keys.xml file with contents shown below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<LanguageData>

<Colorblind_Mode>TEST TEST TEST</Colorblind_Mode>

</LanguageData>

And this is the only line in the entire mod that even has text to translate:
Main.colorblindMode = base.Settings.GetHandle<bool>("colorblindMode", "Colorblind_Mode".Translate(), null, true, null, null);

So I think it should say TEST TEST TEST in game but it still just says Colorblind Mode.

Kindyj

Love it! I Can't wait to go home and Install it! I'm Legally blind and I believe this mod should help quite a bit overcome most of that disability.

Harry_Dicks

sirgzu

the mega thing keeps failing to download.. could someone share that someplace else pls?

Canute

Goude,
with your mega download you made some mistakes.
Basicly it is working, but you download the mod-stuff of the mod-folder direct.
Please create a zip/rar archive with the proper mod-file structure, and put this to download from mega.

Lethe

Canute, why not use Harry's link? It works for me. Thanks Harry! Or just hit the 'download as zip' on Mega site in the upper right side? Both downloads work fine with proper mod structure for me.

Also, thanks Goude for mod.