[B18] Biomatter Mod

Started by Samboy063, November 25, 2017, 03:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samboy063

There was a mod, in alpha 6 I believe, that added the ability to repair old wounds using Biomatter, which could be obtained from corpses. I've taken this idea and reimplemented it in modern versions of the game.

Simply put,

• You get 10 biomatter from each corpse, using the Nanite Chamber, once it is researched.
  • 20 biomatter can heal a single old injury, or, once further research is done, a single scar.
  • The amount of biomatter got from each corpse can be upgraded to 15, and then 20, per corpse, with research.
  • You can research how to make "Tissue Samples". Each tissue sample costs 30 biomatter (3 corpses, or 2 with further research)
  • 3 of these tissue samples and 20 biomatter can be used to regrow missing fingers, toes, ears, or noses.

Please give plenty of feedback - I don't know if this is balanced, has any incompatibilities, is just generally a terrible mod, or if it has any bugs.

The mod (in zip form) can be obtained from my site, or it can be got from the steam workshop.

Enjoy!

kaptain_kavern

Just from reading the description I like how you managed to make it sound balanced.

Thanks for making it and congratZ for the release

Questops

Are human corpses the only input it will accept?

Is it based on nutrition?

Can I throw excess butchered meat/vegetables/animals into it?

Samboy063

Yes, corpses are the only thing it allows. No, food, even human meat, will not work.

Goldenpotatoes

Is there debuffs to mood for doing this? This seems something akin to human butchering, maybe even worse. It should probably bother colonists that corpses are being broken down for raw material.

Samboy063

It... probably should? Maybe only if they're treated with it? What do you think? Maybe a -11 for 5 days if treated with biomatter?

Samboy063

Just added a link to the workshop page for those of you that prefer getting mods from there. See OP.

Canute

There was at similar Biomatter mod in the past, and they gave some negativ mood for turning corpes into biomatter.
But not that much like butchering and not colonywide (i think).

schlauewurst

Yea with some pics i would maybe download it..

Lexmechanic

This is an interesting idea. :) Any mood reaction should be modified by traits, of course. But I imagine it would be a bit different than butchering. For example:
Prosthophobe - more positive/less negative than others, since it is an alternative to prosthetics.
Prosthophile - the opposite, since it effectively preempts an excuse to seek bionics.

Samboy063

Alright, so tweaking the numbers, we'll say -9 for "Treated with Biomatter", maybe a -7 if they're prosthophobe and a -11 if prosthophile?

Mosart

Sounds great. Will test it in my next run.

Sandy

Quote from: Samboy063 on November 30, 2017, 12:10:55 PM
Alright, so tweaking the numbers, we'll say -9 for "Treated with Biomatter", maybe a -7 if they're prosthophobe and a -11 if prosthophile?

Hi, nice mod, man. i'm using it in my current game.
and i'm experiencing some difficulties though..

i'm also using Fluffy's Work Tab mod, and the work to "extract biomatter from corpses" isnt showing up either in doctor or crafting work types. so i had to manually pick a pawn and click on the nanite chamber, for all the 15+ corpses, which is a tedious work. so, plz do something about it.

and i have a couple of suggestions. when pawns are extracting biomatter, it looks like they are holding the corpse on top of the nanite chamber, like smoking the corpse. can u put the corpse inside the chamber or make it disappear while extracting biomatter?

my last suggestion is, instead of putting the corpse in the nanite chamber, can u make a decomposing barrel, in which we can put the corpse (1 corpse in 1 barrel, at a time) and after a day, we can collect the biomatter from it. like how the fermenting barrels work. and then, make/craft tissue samples from biomatter in the nanite chamber.
Thanks.

Edit: same for the surgeries. when i add the operation to Heal Injury, the pawns go to the hospital beds, but no doctor is doing the operation, until i manually make them do it.

ZE

nice concept, though i wish biomatter could be gained from nutrition rather than corpses. add some veggie organs lol

eagleFMJ

Is the link to download working or is it my browser? I keep getting a "403 Forbidden" error.