[0.18.1722] Warden does not offer recruitment pitch

Started by MiniKeeper, November 25, 2017, 05:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniKeeper

I was playing the game on Steam, with windows 10 on a laptop. I was playing a game with Cassandra Classic, intense difficulty with a permadeath enabled.

My warden, despite having a social skill of 14, was unable to recruit a prisoner for several days, despite said prisoner having a low recruitment difficulty. I investigated the social tab and discovered that while the warden was building rapport with the prisoner, he never offered a recruitment pitch.

I figured that the warden would offer the recruitment pitch, given that the "Chat and Recruit" option was enabled.

To replicate:
1. Get a prisoner.
2. Enable "chat and recruit" on prisoner
3. Have warden talk to them while keeping the social tab open to observe social interaction

I started a new save file on Cassandra Classic, on intense difficulty with permadeath enabled. I arrested one of the starting colonists and made her my prisoner. I made sure to toggle the "chat and recruit" option, and prioritized another colonist to chat with the prisoner. Again, rapport was built, but the recruitment pitch was never offered.

This came up in the debug log when the recruitment pitch would be offered after the rapport building.
Initializing new game with mods Core
Verse.Log:Message(String)
Verse.Game:InitNewGame()
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Fitz, Job=PrisonerAttemptRecruit (Job_4418) A=Thing_Human974, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.StoryIntender_Population.CalculatePopulationIntent (RimWorld.StorytellerDef def, Single curPop, Int32 ticksSinceGain) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StoryIntender_Population.get_PopulationIntent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnUtility.RecruitDifficulty (Verse.Pawn pawn, RimWorld.Faction recruiterFaction, Boolean withPopIntent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.InteractionWorker_RecruitAttempt.Interacted (Verse.Pawn initiator, Verse.Pawn recipient, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 extraSentencePacks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker.TryInteractWith (Verse.Pawn recipient, RimWorld.InteractionDef intDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Toils_Interpersonal+<TryRecruit>c__AnonStorey5.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work, curJob.def=PrisonerAttemptRecruit, curDriver=RimWorld.JobDriver_ChatWithPrisoner
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
RimWorld.<GotoInteractablePosition>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:StartPath(LocalTargetInfo, PathEndMode)
RimWorld.<GotoPrisoner>c__AnonStorey1:<>m__0()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

For a savefile, one of the savefiles I used to replicate this issue can be found here;
https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Omewick%20(Permadeath).rws?role=personal

In addition, here is the original savefile where I first encountered the issue;
https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Jeweler%27s+Township+(Permadeath).rws

I also had this bug in A17b, so I'm starting to wonder if this is a problem with my device. It only seems to occur on my laptop and doesn't occur on a desktop I use that also has the steam version of Rimworld.
This bug didn't occur in my original savefile until I used Steam cloud to play the savefile on my laptop.