[B18] Nature's Pretty Sweet: Weather and Environment Mod

Started by tkkntkkn, November 25, 2017, 06:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozymandias

May I add another potential bug/balance issue?

I'm playing a permanent summer map. There was a cold snap in Winter and, naturally, every lake froze over. That's fine ... but now it's the 8th of Aprimay and it's 18 C outside .... yet the lakes are still frozen over.

The most recent update seems to have taken care of the problem. Never mind.

browniedog

Excuse me, I may be missing something obvious. I cannot figure out how to preserve my meat with salt. Have both a butcher table and fueled stove, stacks of salt and meat in my stockpile as well. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

SpaceDorf

I made Caravans just to visit some of your new Biomes.
It's just so fracking beautiful.

Some thing I would wish for :

Riverbanks should be darker, more like mud or rich soil, instead of dry ground.

The WorldMap Tiles look a bit out of place.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Sliderpro

Holy actual ballz. Lava in minecr..in Rimworld! I will be REALLY trying that one. + tiberiumrim.

GlutenFreeAIDS

Can someone tell me how to disable frost in the mod files? I'm no good with code and don't want to fuck everything up

SpaceDorf

Thank you :)

the steam vents have done more to increase the difficulty of mountain bases than everything else I met so far.

The overheating is a really interesting problem to solve.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Ozymandias

Why is the mod on Steam ~290 MB but about ~30 mb on dropbox?

Hydromancerx

This mod is EPIC!

Can you add Tar Pits to the mod in a similar fashion as you did the lava pools?

kamuii

I am running into an issue where whenever it rains it changes indoor tiles into wet versions of the base tile the floor was placed on. Happens to vanilla floors and modded floors. Tested it on a base game with this mod only and it still happens with vanilla floors. It isn't placing any errors in the debug logs.

blizzardwolf420

can't wait till new things are added, as for the people having issues with things getting wet and staying wet changing my load order helped fix that. and as for one possible bug with wet sand , I can't seem to build on it but that may be intended and also when the sand drys it tends to kill my crops before they can grow  enough, even with the help of tmagic and its rain spell its hard to keep it wet long enough.

netherous

Quote from: GrimTrigger on December 03, 2017, 12:38:22 PM
Current game is throwing one error every tick... here is the error

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.GridsUtility.GetTerrain (IntVec3 c, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TKKN_NPS.cellData.get_currentTerrain () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TKKN_NPS.cellData.setTerrain (System.String type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TKKN_NPS.Watcher.doCellEnvironment (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TKKN_NPS.Watcher.checkRandomTerrain () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TKKN_NPS.Watcher.MapComponentTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.MapComponentUtility.MapComponentTick (Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.MapComponentUtility:MapComponentTick(Map)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Any idea what the cause is?  Fix?
Edit:  Turns out when I turn off weather effects (essentially turning the mod off) it stops.

I have the same sort of thing and can't figure out what is causing it. Usually the game starts out fine, and then this error develops at some point several hours in. It's weird to look at - NPS can't index some terrain? What could cause that? I'm wondering if the temporary maps from Setup Camp are causing an issue. Maybe it's trying to manipulate those maps but they aren't there anymore? Just speculating. My stack trace is different though. This time it's happening in doFloods(). My map had seasonal expanding sources of water but I paved over them.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at Verse.TerrainGrid.TerrainAt (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GridsUtility.GetTerrain (IntVec3 c, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TKKN_NPS.cellData.setTerrain (System.String type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TKKN_NPS.Watcher.doFloods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.MapComponentUtility.MapComponentTick (Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

romanrez13

Hi , have a problem , i have every tick this error, any ideas ? I think reason of my problem of this mod "Trading economy 2.2" , but i am not sure. How can delete this error or what need change in mode ?

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Verse.IntVec3,TKKN_NPS.cellData].get_Item (IntVec3 key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TKKN_NPS.Watcher.doCellEnvironment (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
TickMultiThread.SpecialInjector_TickMultiThreadDetour3:_DoSingleTick(TickManager)

carpediembr

is it just me or there's a massive FPS drop when using this mod?

ajaviide

@carpediembr it does, i downloaded it yesterday and got massive fps drops esp.
On a side note, tho it looks stunning, really tempted to still try it out :) !!!

Exende

Hey, I'm getting this repeating error whenver I generate a second map (like aon a quest, etc.), and this persists even after I return to my own map.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at Verse.TerrainGrid.TerrainAt (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0