[B18] Bok Choy!

Started by SimplySublime, February 25, 2018, 09:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimplySublime

What is Bok Choy? Well it's a Chinese cabbage, grows fast and is nutritious. Growing time is 4 days, gives 6-7 yield per plant and provides .21 nutrition per piece.

Plain veggies not for you? Cook 5 Bok Choy with 5 meat to get 4x Bok Choy Soups that deliver that savory +5 mood bonus for a yummy meal!

Why have rice when you could have, Bok Choy?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Github Link

Tenshi~Akari

Thanks for this! Good to have another food item to add.  ;D

My only suggestion: If you're using the vanilla bases for your items, you don't have to include the duplicated base defs in your mod, or if you made changes, you should probably consider renaming the base defs so that they don't override other modded items that rely on vanilla bases. I got a red exception error thrown on loading because the bases included were actually using parameters that are no longer in B18. But works fine once I deleted those from the folder.  ;)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on February 26, 2018, 06:13:28 PM

My only suggestion: If you're using the vanilla bases for your items, you don't have to include the duplicated base defs in your mod, or if you made changes, you should probably consider renaming the base defs so that they don't override other modded items that rely on vanilla bases. I got a red exception error thrown on loading because the bases included were actually using parameters that are no longer in B18. But works fine once I deleted those from the folder.  ;)

This should go beyond a suggestion, this should be a requirement. Stuff like this can screw up a ton of crap for players, and it can be extremely headache inducing trying to track down where this it is coming from. Someone posted the word for it the other day, I can't remember, where you keep having to divide by half all of your mods trying to track down who might be redefining core defs. A mod may simply have just copied over the core defs, but the player may also have needed these defs overwritten in such a way for other things to function properly, but things won't when the core defs keep getting written over. Is this correct in my thinking?

SimplySublime

Happy to see someone enjoying it! I'll take a look a fix things a bit and have a release out alter tonight.

SimplySublime

New update is posted on github