[B18] [KV] Textile Storage

Started by Kiame, November 27, 2017, 12:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Please consider Infinite Storage instead of this mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37698.msg385779#msg385779

Adds a storage container to store all types of fabrics, leathers, and wool.

As textiles are needed, pawns will automatically remove them from storage.

Textile Storage
-Build Menu: Misc
-Size: 1x1
-Cost: 50 wood/stone/steel
-Stores: Textiles

Should support all mods which add textiles. Let me know if you find any that are missing.

Special Note:
When forming a caravan and the desire is for the caravan to carry stored textiles, select the Textile Storage and press the Empty button. Form the caravan. Once the caravan is fully loaded, select the Textile Storage again and press the Collect button.

Supports:
-Save Storage & Outfit Settings

Steam:
B18

Direct Download:
B18

Github

Thank you to the translators:
-Чей-то друг for Russian

Last Update:
Nov 28, 2017
-Furniture which can be built with different textiles will now have all stored textiles listed
-The list of available materials will include stored textiles
Nov 27, 2017
-Fixed an issue where materials would not be automatically removed when making buildings

Like my mods? Consider supporting me!

Vaniat

Umm....I think we need a meat Storage .

Canute

1x1 ?? Another RimMagic Bag of holding.
Don't you think this is a bit to small for all these different textiles and unmimted amount ?
I even would use it when it got 5x5.
Ok i know why you want it 1x1, so you can place it next to the tailor bench. Why not split it into 2 item, a big storage/input box and a 1x1 output box.

Another question, what about the interaction spot. Does it get locked when someone try to haul/store some on/out it ?

SamhainJack

This is great! Thank you. I second the meat storage idea That would be glorious

Kiame

Quote from: Canute on November 27, 2017, 02:54:39 AM
1x1 ?? Another RimMagic Bag of holding.
Don't you think this is a bit to small for all these different textiles and unmimted amount ?
I even would use it when it got 5x5.
Ok i know why you want it 1x1, so you can place it next to the tailor bench. Why not split it into 2 item, a big storage/input box and a 1x1 output box.

Another question, what about the interaction spot. Does it get locked when someone try to haul/store some on/out it ?

multiple pawns can reserve it at once

1x1 cause I am not an artist and it's easier to hide that fact with smaller textures and not enlarged. It's easy enough to resize on your end if you want it bigger

No interaction spot to speak of, any direction works

ZE

wow u work fast... didnt i just request this? lol

awesome work!!

Mufflamingo

need a safe box storage for silver and gold.  ;D ;D ;D
Bleeeee. . . . .

SpaceDorf

With several creature mods running, even Skullys Storage Solution and Quantum Storage is not enough to cope with all the crap you get from recycling apparal.

Thank you Kiame.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Kiame

Update:
Fixed an issue where materials would not be automatically removed when making buildings - like a billiard table

Kiame

Update:
-Furniture which can be built with different textiles will now have all stored textiles listed
-The list of available materials will include stored textiles

Kiame

For anyone that downloaded this earlier today please download it again. I introduced a bug which prevents the building of basically any furniture. SO sorry for any trouble!

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Kiame on November 28, 2017, 09:30:51 PM
For anyone that downloaded this earlier today please download it again. I introduced a bug which prevents the building of basically any furniture. SO sorry for any trouble!
May I suggest putting version numbers on the zip files so we can know when the mod gets "updated" in that way?
Because there's no way I would've notice that unless I checked the files.
The recommended format is v{rimworld major}.{Rimworld minor (18)}.{mod major}.{mod minor}

Nightinggale

Quote from: frenchiveruti on November 28, 2017, 09:37:45 PM
Quote from: Kiame on November 28, 2017, 09:30:51 PM
May I suggest putting version numbers on the zip files so we can know when the mod gets "updated" in that way?
Because there's no way I would've notice that unless I checked the files.
The recommended format is v{rimworld major}.{Rimworld minor (18)}.{mod major}.{mod minor}
Speaking of version numbers, RimWorld is based on major.minor.build and so is targetVersion in About.xml. However from what I can tell from the vanilla code, only minor is actually used in the game and we can put whatever we want in build. I have decided to start with 0 and then increase by 1 each time I make a new release. ModCheck can read targetVersion of any loaded mod and make conditional patching or throw errors. This is done because it checks for the value of each number compared to a reference tag in the patch call to ModCheck. I'm not sure if anybody use this feature, but it might be more useful if mods generally would provide their version number this way.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Kiame

Yeah putting a 0 at the end for the subversion is really the only way to do it otherwise the mod maker needs to update all their mods. For me that's 16 mods x 2 (direct download and steam) to update for minor releases where the mods still work more than likely!

As for subversioning mods... I know the benefits but the case where I totally screw up like today is rare and I hope to make it even rarer! I'll see if I can add it into the build process but if it's a manual process I'm going to skip it

kamuii

For some strange reason when this mod is active I can't build walls or doors. Says I don't have the required materials even tho I have all the required mats in storage. Turned on dev mode to see if it was throwing any errors and it doesn't throw any errors.