[B18] [KV] Textile Storage

Started by Kiame, November 27, 2017, 12:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Sarge,
if you don't mind a bad texture you just can expand the size.
Edit:
TextileStorage/Defs/ThingDefs/Furniture.xml
look for
<drawSize>(1,1)</drawSize>
<size>(1,1)</size>
you can expand both to 5,5 to get a 5x5 block.
and
<interactionCellOffset>(0,0,1)</interactionCellOffset>
to (0,0,3) or (0,0,4) not sure which one fit for the 5x5 size.

Sarge

Hey thanks! Just like back in the day :P

Problem is, it also changes the size of the icon in Architect->Misc to 500%

EDIT: Oh wow no. The blueprint also only physically designates 1,1 but shows the pic at 5,5. I'm not doing it right.

EDIT 2: k, got that working right. Don't mind me, I'm a regular hacker.

Sarge

@ OP

When you deconstruct the bin without emptying first, the contents that fall to the ground are forbidden by default, despite dropping in your home area.

I have zero artistic sense but I thought I'd try. Here's a shape I made in Excel. I opened it with GIMP and pasted the cloth image that I borrows from the Hardcore SK library, on top of it. I don't know how to add it into the game though. Attached in case you like it.

EDIT: I just replaced all the textures with the one I made and it seems to work nicely.

Since I'm using 5x5 I increased building materials 50->250, mass 10->50, work to build 2k->10k and max HP 100->500.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Canute

Welcome at the world of basic mod hacking ! :-)

Kiame

Quote from: Sarge on December 16, 2017, 09:03:40 AM
@ OP

When you deconstruct the bin without emptying first, the contents that fall to the ground are forbidden by default, despite dropping in your home area.

I have zero artistic sense but I thought I'd try. Here's a shape I made in Excel. I opened it with GIMP and pasted the cloth image that I borrows from the Hardcore SK library, on top of it. I don't know how to add it into the game though. Attached in case you like it.

EDIT: I just replaced all the textures with the one I made and it seems to work nicely.

Since I'm using 5x5 I increased building materials 50->250, mass 10->50, work to build 2k->10k and max HP 100->500.

its an interesting idea having the storage look like a roll of cloth/leather rolled up... i personally have always thought of this as a storage compartment. You are welcome to change this mod to your hearts content on your side though :)

As for the textiles being mark forbidden let me take a look, i thought i only had the forbidden if the storage was destroyed as opposed to deconstructed - you don't want pawns running into fights/fire to get material.

Kiame

It's taken longer than I expected but I have the unifying storage mod ready: Infinite Storage
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37698.msg385779#msg385779

The mod includes both Body Part Storage and Textile Storage along with a new type of researchable storage, Infinite Storage.

While the two mods can work together I highly recommend either starting a new game or following the instructions toward the bottom of the Infinite Storage page to remove the other mods before enabling Infinite Storage.

Ruisuki

1. Only the textiles directly adjacent to this storage are collected?

2. Is there a way to get around it dropping everything stored when reinstalling to another location?

3. Any way to take only specific textiles from whats already in storage without having to empty everything?

Canute

1. Yes
2. No
3. Press "View storage" a button,  you see the inventory of the storage and can drop just a single item.
But normaly the storage drop the needed texticle when crafter and constructor start their job.

Harry_Dicks

Also recommend Infinite Storage over this. It includes textile and medical storage, as well as a storage for everything else I believe. All of Kiame's mods are fucking awesome. Must haves, no question about it.

Ruisuki

Always helpful Canute

and yeah Harry Im definitely considering it. Does it have the same aesthetic as textile storage? I do wish there were in game mod options to add a weight limit to each specialty storage though. For change dresser Im just adding one per room to give colonists a personal touch even though it follows similar rules as IS.

Kiame

As others have said (thanks!) Infinite Storage should be used over this mod as it is much more refined in regards to being better integrated with the game's mechanics - such as (normally) only dropping the required amount of an item for crafting

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37698.msg385779

Instructions on how to migrate saves from Textile Storage to Infinite Storage are on that page as well. It's not too hard but if you have any difficult let me know and I'll help out