[B18] StoveTech (22nd Jan 2018)

Started by XeoNovaDan, November 27, 2017, 10:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Conflicts with Tribal Essentials - if you prefer this mod's approach to the stove unlocking process, load this after Tribal Essentials, otherwise don't include this in your load order.

If you're using this on an existing save game. you will probably need to research 'Stoves' if you want to expand your kitchen.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Like this mod? Check out my other mods here!

Overview
Always found it strange that your tribe could look ahead of its time and freely build fueled stoves right from the get-go? It never particularly bothered me, but to some that could be quite an immersion breaker. Well take a look at this!

StoveTech makes it so that if you're playing a tribal start colony, you're going to have to live with producing your food on a campfire for a while. However, if you're making a new Crashlanded, Rich Explorer or any other 'modern' colony, then they'll already have this technology researched.

In terms of impact on the game's difficulty, this does make the game slightly harder if you're playing as a tribe since you won't be able to build stoves right off the bat.

Credits
Marnador for their delicious RimWorld font.

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so either through here or Ludeon Forums, and give credit where credit's due.

BlackSmokeDMax

XeoNovaDan

Thanks! Glad that this is changing your experience for the better. :)

kaptain_kavern

Yep, I very like it! Even though it can be considered as a "small" idea. Like the mod that removes radio-contact-involving-events while you haven't build a comm. station.

Those kinds of little improvements, when "dosed" correctly, can greatly improve feeling towards the game for maniacs like myself that can be triggered by small details ;-D

Plus: #Please-Master-Make-My-Game-Harder hype  8) - Mehni, if you read this ...

Tl; dr: Thank you for the mod!

XeoNovaDan

Gelo

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on November 27, 2017, 02:21:14 PM
Like the mod that removes radio-contact-involving-events while you haven't build a comm. station.
:o
Hey, never heard of that mod, can you provide a link to it, please?

kaptain_kavern

HolyHell

Hey love the mod you have here! Is it possible to release for A17?

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: HolyHell on December 03, 2017, 10:40:45 PM

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't support older versions with mods anymore, but this mod uses */ patches so it should theoretically work with A17.

jpnm92

Hey can someone help me?

I just researched stoves and i didn't get anything new in my production buildings.

I play with dev mod active and didn't get any errors

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1300355962

That's my modlist and load order

https://textsaver.flap.tv/lists/1teo

Edit: Extra info - I have a mod that inserts a new faction and i start with no research, this is too painful for me so i give myself tribal essentials research through scenario editor. I'm kind of lost here though, I have no idea why i didn't get stoves when i completed the research

XeoNovaDan

jpnm92 - I'll look into it. That's a lot of mods so this could take a while.

Update: It appears to be a conflict with Tribal Essentials which moves stoves to a research project called 'Basic work benches'.

jpnm92

Oh. Ok then i can just keep playing without any problems, thanks.