Donald Trump on Rimworld - an a17 story

Started by shayame, November 27, 2017, 06:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shayame

Arctic wolf manhunter pack and cannibalism, part 6: As told by Lillica.

I stand in the middle of seven bodies.

I'm officially a doctor. I have to be. I just have to be. If you told me a year ago that I'd be in charge of a hospital I would have laughed so hard my guts would have come up all over you. But here I am. Doctor Lillica, reporting to OR-1.

To my right, my Buddha lies asleep in a silver bed. Donald and Lillith are to my left in slate beds. Behind me, 4 arctic wolves are on the ground, bleeding out. My priority was always Buddha. He'd lost a lot of blood and I've used half our remaining glitterworld medicine on him. I don't care what Donald says, we can always buy more later.

Donald and Lillith aren't doing too well either. The most severe injury is Donald's gunshot wound to the right shoulder. Friendly fire from the turrets I presume. He'll be lucky to use that again. He's raving about bionics but now is not the time to put one in. Lillith has bite and claw marks all over her, as well as a gunshot wound to her right shoulder as well.

I've patched them all up as best I can. If Olga and Chris come in with injuries later, I'll patch them up too. Now it's time for the wolves.

They're all bleeding out. The nearest one is but a pup, she looks close to death. The others have a few hours, tops. If I use some medicine, even herbal medicine, I could save the pup. But we're running short on medicine and I don't intend to save a single one of these wretched wolves.

I move in quick and make a rapid assessment of her injuries. She's got multiple gunshot wounds to her torso, abdomen, face, pelvis and every limb. It's a wonder she's still alive. She's hemorrhaging everywhere I don't even know where to start. Despite my best efforts, without medicine, she's gone within the hour. I drag her out the door and toss her on the ice. Her body will keep longer that way.

Three more wolves. I tamponade their wounds in a rotating fashion, wolf 1, then wolf 2 then wolf 3, then go back and cycle between them, keeping them all alive simultaneously. I wear wristguards and gloves as well as a vest in case they bite but they're all too far out of it. I'm so tired, I can't see or think straight but I keep going.

Buddha. My Buddha.

My eyes are watering. I can't help it. These wolves hurt my Buddha. I imagine what it would be like, a dozen wolves, closing in on every angle, my Buddha running, crying to Owl for help and Owl just running, leaving my Buddha alone to be mauled by the pack. Did he fight back? Was it quick? Which of these wolves was it that chewed that chunk off his leg?

With a kind of crazed mania, I cut into a stomach to see if I can find my Buddha's leg. I find nothing, and I sew the animal back up. Then I turn to the next and do the same. Nothing. I turn to the third animal and also find nothing in its stomach. On an impulse, I try to harvest its liver. The animal dies and I don't bother sewing it up – I toss it unceremoniously out the door onto the ice where it skids a small distance, leaking blood and entrails before it stops.

Buddha's knee was hurt. It will probably heal fine but for a moment there I didn't know what to do with his knee.

I pick up my plasteel mace and break one of the wolf's knees. He doesn't even flinch. I then cut it open and study it, commiting all the tendons and ligaments to memory, flexing and unflexing the knee until I feel I understand where all the muscle groups attach to. Then I bandage it up.

I test my memory by smashing another knee on a different wolf. She wakes up and makes a weak effort to bite me. I smash her head in and she stops moving. I sit and watch as the life force dissapears from her eyes, imagining that those eyes could have been my Buddha's, out in the snow, bleeding out all alone. When the light is gone I resume my study of the wolf's knee.

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I know I'm losing it. But these wolves hurt my Buddha. I will not let anyone hurt us ever again. I will be this colony's best doctor. I have to be.

It's like what Donald and all the rest always tell me. We do what we need to survive. These wolves will help me survive. I'll learn what I can from them before they die. They deserve it.

shayame

Arctic wolf manhunter pack and cannibalism, part 7: Epilogue. As told by Buddha.

I sit at the stove, cooking some rice. It's funny, when we butchered the 15 arctic foxes we thought we'd never run out of meat. There was mountains of the stuff. You know how long it lasted? Five days.

Olga found 30 packaged survival meals. That lasted us another 2 days. The math is wrong, but that's because we were raided soon after and now have a new recruit. Welcome to the colony, Flo. You never liked raiding anyway. You'll fit in well here. Not long after, Cassy comes along and begs for a meal. We're doing okay on the food-front and we didn't have the heart to say no. Welcome aboard, Cassy.

So now there's nine of us. Eleven if you count the Muffalo.

I'm so glad we kept Cashmere. We finally got a tailor's bench up and running. Chris made us some awesome muffalo parkas. There's not enough to go round, so some of us are still using the cloth parkas we bought from the traders early on. We experimented with foxskin parkas but they're not much better than cloth so we're keeping the foxskin for pants and shirts when those wear out.

I was worried for Lillica there for a bit. She wasn't herself for a while. I think she was really worried for me. She's more or less back to her usual self now, though some of her innocence seems to be gone. I hope it isn't gone for ever. Her smile and her eyes are still the brightest things in my day.

She's a great doctor now. I can't believe all the wolves left no scars on me. Whatever she used on me was fantastic. Donald and Lillith didn't fare so well. They both wake every day with shoulder pain. Donald eventually gets himself another bionic arm and we're hoping to one day get Lillith one as well.

Donald keeps telling it like he saved the world. In a way he did. But Lillith played a role that day too and he seems to downplay her part in things.

I owe Owl my life. We're both soldiers. He's got this harsh no nonsense exterior but war does that to people. I won't hold it against him.

I worry for Chris. He dug up 20 or more graves with Olga, though I think he did most of the digging. Sometimes I hear him screaming at night. I buried all the corpses again by the way. Just thought they were better underground than above ground, though in hind sight, I should probably have incinerated them.

I don't know what it is Lillica and I have. I remember I proposed to her, then there was the whole cannibalism episode. I was gone for 2 days, wandering around outside until Olga found me collapsed in a heap, exhausted. Then things got busy then there was this whole manhunter mess. We haven't really had a chance to talk. Romance on the rim just doesn't seem right. Nobody else is doing it. Maybe we shouldn't. It'll make the others awkward.

But then she sometimes gives me this smile and I get all confused again.

shayame

Donald's wife and brother. As told by the Narrator.

Rimworld tells the best stories sometimes.

On this occasion, a crashpod landed with Donald's wife. My first thought was, "WHAT?!?"

Then, "Cool!"

She's a pretty decent pawn but incapable of dumb labour. I thought that was pretty accurate. The age was spookily accurate as well. She's rescued and joins. I immediately change her nickname to Melania.

This is great news for Donald. Donald's moods have always been challenging to handle. His 'too smart' trait leaves him more prone to depression and I've had a hard time trying bolster his mood, including scheduling extra joy time for him in the middle of the day, a better bedroom with silver walls, a better bedroom with the grand statue of Fernand, beer and so on.

You have one job, Melania. One job - you're gonna give Donald some lovin'.  ;) Turns out they only have +30 relations with each other, so that their opinion of each other provides only +3 happiness. You have one job, Melania, one job! Get to it.

So they get an immediate double bed and after a few days rekindle with "some lovin". I'm wearing a smile and I'm sure Donald is too.

A few days after Melania crashed, another crash pod survivor. This time, Donald's Brother. I didn't know Donald had a brother.

Donald's brother is the worst pawn I've ever seen. Incapable of dumb labour, incapable of smart labour, incapable of social, incapable of caring, incapable of artistic, incapable of firefighting, pyromaniac, abrasive. I left him to die in the snow. I knew Donald wouldn't be too happy about it, but figured the Melania "some lovin" buff would offset the depression at his brother's death.

I hover over the debuff from his brother's death. Sad for 25 days or so. Good on you, Donald.

shayame

That's it for me. Thank you all for reading this far. I've thoroughly enjoyed writing it but a new job now prevents me from writing more.

This is where I upgrade to a18.

Notable events that follow include a wedding between Buddha and Lilica, which everyone attends. By coincidence, Cashmere the Muffalo crashes the wedding and walks between bride and groom at the perfect time. Wish I caught that screenshot - Cashmere wasn't even invited!

As I said before, I've thoroughly enjoyed playing and writing this. Thank you for reading!

WalkingProblem

Man~~~~

You need to start a B18 new series on this~ =D

Yeah, and the real world Trump have 2 brother and 2 sister. The brother had passed away: "But the issue of addiction is also a deeply personal one for Trump. His older brother Freddy suffered from alcoholism, and died in 1981 at the young age of 43."

His brother "Fred" is the reason why himself and his children are all 100% hands off alcohol and drugs.

Story about Fred: http://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/politics/a13098008/fred-trump-jr-addiction-history/

---

But yeah, you should really start recreate this story thingy in B18!

gipothegip

Interesting story, and well written. I particularly enjoyed how you included various perspectives.

I do however feel some of the characters could've been expanded upon.

An interesting and captivating read nonetheless.
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

Tober6fire

Huh cool... let's just say this story is interesting I enjoy reading a engaging story especially got any tips for how to write my story to make it more engaging. Honestly any tips would be helpful it's about a withdrawal "spoiler he now lost his left arm"

Here's where you can find the story
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=41419.0
I love stories and I hope that everyone try's to contribute in telling their stories as it is interesting and intriguing to see people connect through the tales they create.

Adsixnine

These are awesome!

Keep up the good work.  ;)