[Mod Request] New Hauling Jobs

Started by Cavinaar, November 27, 2017, 03:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavinaar

I would love it if someone could put together a small mod to add a couple of hauling jobs.  I used to use 'Refactored Work Priorities' for this, but the mod author has said that they are not likely to be updating it since they don't play anymore.  These two jobs are literally all I used the mod for.

The Jobs:
    - Haul Rottable.
    - Haul Deterioratable (or however it's spelled).

Haul Rottable would haul things like Rice, Corn, Potatoes etc (basically stuff that gets harvested and is used for cooking)

Haul Deterioratable would haul things like Wood, Components, Weapons etc.

I have tried looking into writing it myself, but I don't know C# (not opposed to learning at least enough to mod a bit if someone has a decent tutorial they can point me to) and can't find a list of what needs to be C#, what can be XML etc.

Nightinggale

Why start coding when Please Haul Perishables already exist? While it's a link to steam, there is a direct link in the description. It haven't been updated to B18 yet though, but it will happen eventually.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Canute

Grrrr i hate it when people point at steam when it is availble at the forum too. When people ask at the forum, they should get a forum link too, or they would ask at steam-discussion.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30508.0

Nightinggale

Quote from: Canute on November 28, 2017, 05:32:24 AMGrrrr i hate it when people point at steam
Here we go again. Last time I linked to a steam only mod, the topic became "no steam" rather than the mods themselves and it turns out your name showed up last time as well.

This time a specific feature is wanted in a new mod and I inform that it already exist and provide access to obtaining the wanted mod for both steam and direct download. Apparently it would have been better if I had just ignored this thread and not inform that the mod already exist because the next post starts out about how annoying I am. It actually annoys me quite a bit to be attacked like that and I may have to report posts like that if I keep getting attacked for being helpful.

It's fine that you post the link to the forum it contributes new and useful information. It may surprise you, but we actually agree that steam is far from perfect (though I said that multiple times already). However the reason why I picked the steam link this time is because I couldn't remember offhand either the name of the mod or if it's on steam, forum or both. I resulted to the ultimate tool for a case like that and apparently google prefer steam because the forum thread didn't show up, yet the steam mod was the second hit. Since it also contained a direct download link, I decided not to spend anymore time searching.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Cavinaar

Ahh Thanks for that! Hope the update comes soon. :)

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Nightinggale on November 28, 2017, 03:34:39 AM
Why start coding when Please Haul Perishables already exist? While it's a link to steam, there is a direct link in the description. It haven't been updated to B18 yet though, but it will happen eventually.

A different mod should exist because "haul perishables" just changes the priority of different items to haul which can be annoying in itself sometimes.

If different skills exist I can fine tune different people to do those jobs.

Farmers and Cooks only haul foods.

Miners haul metals

Crafters haul Items and other Ressources.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

Sorry Nightinggale,
i didn't wanted to say you did a bad job or this kind. Your information was helpful and it was the right answer that allready exist a mod that doing these requested job.
But i think when someone ask at the forum, he want an answer/link to the forum rather then to steam.
And i am aware that alot of mod's only exist on steam and didn't even touched the forum.