[Mod Request] Remove Researches

Started by sgtarpin, November 23, 2017, 10:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtarpin

Is there currently, or could we get, a mod that allows you to prohibit researches in the scenario editor similarly to how there is an option to prohibit the option of building particular things? For example, if I wanted to play a completely tribal game, I would be able to remove the ability to research electricity and all of its dependent researches. I know you could simply just not research it, but being able to clean up prohibited would be nice for sharing/publishing scenarios.

killermen962

I think you could simply edit the research out if it really bothers you (No idea how)
If I recall there should be a function in the scenario editor which you can use to restrict certain elements from being built/researched, so if you restrict the right researches, you could close the entire industrial/spacer tree.

Canute

QuoteIf I recall there should be a function in the scenario editor which you can use to restrict certain elements from being built/researche
Yes you can forbid buildings but not research.
But in this case it wouldn't help, since you can research elect. with the simple researchbench.

Maybe a modder can create a patch for this, but
Search and backup (you need to restore it when you want a regular gameplay)
Mods\Core\Defs\ResearchProjectDefs\ResearchProjects_Tier1_Misc.xml
Then edit it.

Look/search for
<defName>Electricity</defName>
and add below that
<requiredResearchBuilding>HiTechResearchBench</requiredResearchBuilding>

This mean, you will need a HiTech research bench to research Electricity, but since you can't build this without it, you never be able to research this.

Daelonnn15

There's an option in the debug menu to finish all research.
Back in the olden days...