Resource walls using different textures, not using different colors

Started by Elrol_Arrowsend, December 12, 2017, 10:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elrol_Arrowsend

Ok, so when you set different resources to be used for a wall, it will have a single menu item with a drop down menu that is named after the resource used to build the wall. the color assigned with the resource will be put to the image of the wall you are trying to build. What I am wanting to do, is have the same thing, but instead of having the whole color of the block being changed, I want there to be different textures for the walls but having them under the same drop down menu. Is there an easy way to do that?

kaptain_kavern

If each different wall are different building with different defName and each having is texPath sets to a unique texture then your only problem is having them grouped together. And this can be achieved using "Architect Sense" mod IIRC

Elrol_Arrowsend

Elrol_Arrowsend

Is there a way to add a mod dependency, so that they need a certain mod to run mine? I know some mods use HugsLib or something, and if its not installed it offers to download/activate the mod.

kaptain_kavern

Not so long ago, you'd have to rely on users to read your recommendations and things like that. Now thanks to the excellent ModCheck, you can code-in dependency requirements like you described.

Hope you'll manage, I'll keep an eye on the thread.
Good luck with your project

Elrol_Arrowsend

kaptain_kavern

You're welcome, mate.

We all have started one day. Remembering those firsts days and it's natural to try to help a bit  ;)

Now, go modding!  8)

o7