GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they ar

Started by asquirrel, November 28, 2017, 01:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asquirrel

During pawn generation the UI disappears and brings me to this screen.  I've looked at the log and I see this coming up over and over.  I think it might be related to the UI disappearance: 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Exception filling window for RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Verse.Pawn,RimWorld.PortraitsCache+CachedPortrait].TryGetValue (Verse.Pawn key, RimWorld.CachedPortrait& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PortraitsCache.Get (Verse.Pawn pawn, Vector2 size, Vector3 cameraOffset, Single cameraZoom) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns.DrawPawnList (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns.DoWindowContents (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

(Filename:  Line: 490)

Log file below:

https://gist.github.com/d666783d40bcc0285fbe365be402bb64

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Mst

Got the same problem. I even disabled Prepare Carefully but it did not help.
Can't imagine what causes the problem.

Exception filling window for RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Verse.Pawn,RimWorld.PortraitsCache+CachedPortrait].TryGetValue (Verse.Pawn key, RimWorld.CachedPortrait& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PortraitsCache.Get (Verse.Pawn pawn, Vector2 size, Vector3 cameraOffset, Single cameraZoom) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns.DrawPawnList (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns.DoWindowContents (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Mst

I managed to somehow get into the game by turning off Alien races mods. Maybe it'll help.
By the way, I found one other conflict in your mod list which is unrelated to this issue I suppose. Hospitality and Refugee Stats are not compatible as far as I know.

Fluffy (l2032)

These logs aren't very helpful, in identifying which mod is to blame, but an interaction between PC and Alien Races does seem the likely culprit.

Note to modders;
This error occurs when an exception is thrown in between GUI.BeginGroup() and GUI.EndGroup() calls. If there's a possibility of an exception being thrown in such a block, you should always try to use a try/catch block, and call GUI.EndGroup() in the finally clause.

e.g., instead of;

GUI.BeginGroup( rect );

// some potentially failing code

GUI.EndGroup( rect );

use

GUI.BeginGroup( rect);
try {
    // some potentially failing code
} catch ( Exception e ) {
    // log and/or resolve the problem
} finally {
   GUI.EndGroup();