[Mod Request] Steel wool sheep

Started by Lucifer, November 29, 2017, 02:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

Soooo I suck with mods. But I had this fun and what I think easy idea of having a sheep that's wool is steel wool. And can be turned into steel at a smelter or other uses that you can think of! I don't know how to mod but I would love you!
"There is no such thing as second place, Only first loser."

kaptain_kavern

I recently made an animal that you can shear for vanilla metal slag :p

Lucifer

Can you link to it? Also I wanted the sheep made of it for personal reasons 😝 and if it could look like a special sheep that would be cool!

kaptain_kavern

If you look into Vanilla Core code, you'll find that "shearable" animal are using something like that:

<comps>
      <li Class="CompProperties_Shearable">
        <woolDef>Insert_defName_here</woolDef>
        <shearIntervalDays>5</shearIntervalDays>
        <woolAmount>3</woolAmount>
      </li>
</comps>

You can use any ThingDef defName for <woolDef> AFAIK.  If you want to make a modded sheep with special wool, you'll need to create modded wool and put it's defName in here in the animal code.

- An example of wool in vanilla can be found in Core/Defs/ThingDefs_Items/Items_Resource_Stuff.xml line 540
- An example of "shearable" animal in vanilla can be found in Core/Defs/ThingDefs_Races/Races_Animal_Farm.xml line 505 for Alpacas for instance.

The mod I was talking about is not completely released - Only a WIP version - here.  It also has spiders that can be sheared for synthread and things like that if you want to look at the code.

Lucifer

I kinda wanted a whole new sprite and all that. i know its alot to ask for but all this seems like gibberish to me  :P