Make separate "Animal Training" vs "Animal Training" work priorities

Started by Chibiabos, November 29, 2017, 08:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chibiabos

There are a lot of situations where I want to try to tame dangerous wild animals for my colony, but only want my best handler to attempt this; at the same time I have a lot of colony animals I want to train.  Failing at taming a wild animal is likely to result in serious injury, so I only want my best handler to make the attempt, but training colony animals is more manpower-intensive, and good for training up my colonists, but unfortunately there's only one 'Handle' category for assigning jobs.

If taming vs training animals were separate, this would be simpler to manage.
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

khun_poo

"Re: Make separate "Animal Training" vs "Animal Training" work priorities"

I think you mean to wrote "animal taming vs animal training". In the A17, I use fluffy work priorities mod to solve this.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: khun_poo on November 30, 2017, 04:59:31 AM
I think you mean to wrote "animal taming vs animal training". In the A17, I use fluffy work priorities mod to solve this.

And I continue to do so in B18  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

iota_x

+1

Taming and training ought to be separated.

Granted, if I want to tame that thrumbo I can turn the other pawns work priority down, but them I could miss out on a lot of milk/wool/easy training for obedience, hauling, etc.

This is a similar problen with repair vs construct.

There is only so much room in the jobs list (at lower resolutions - I'm think 720p) for different jobs.

Maybe there could be a slider similar to what benches have - only x skilled animal skill will tame, and only x skill constructor will build x (funiture, or whatever.)

Chibiabos

Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

PatrykSzczescie

Just restrict some areas and use the fact that taming goes with higher priority than training.