[Mod Request] Funeral Mod

Started by poolday, February 06, 2017, 01:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poolday

It would be nice to have a mod where besides burying a colonist you can have the option to bury him/her with a proper funeral. Like a marriage event where all participate.
It might take you more time to do the ceremony compared to regular burying and perhaps give you a small mood boost? I don't know this is just an idea.

Fishbrains

That would be hopefully reduce the colonist died to a somewhat lesser amount or just replace it with a shorter version.

hal98

decent idea, its pretty devastating to a colony when someone loses a husband, wife or whatever

Spar10Tech

I found this thread looking for mods that mention funeral.  I don't think there is anything that does this currently and thought I would try and make one myself.  I've been tweaking other Mods to my liking since A15 and really started diving into more code/xml with A17.

To do a proper funeral there would need to be a possible player started event.  I'm not sure there is a current mode that does this but the Cult sermon from the Cthulu Cults mod might be close.  I'm going to start a Mod plan and probably start a new post in Mods -> Unfinished.  Other burial types might be interesting to add to this as well (i.e. funeral pyre, viking funeral, space launch\pod launcher).

kaze0

I believe psyhology mod  has that option already ,if decased  pawn had  friends  in colony  they might trigger funeral  event to alleviate grieve after  him.

Bolty

Yes I like the sound of this too.  :)

RedMark

also , how about stuff for a cemetery ? like statues and mausoleum and such ?

stuff: mausoleum , graves , statues (from gargoyles to angels and such) . candles , gifts , flowers specific for putting on graves . Tomb stones with editable box where you can put your own things like 'here lie Johnny , finally you stopped stealing my booze' . Different coffins can go from a simple box to fancy ones that use different metals and ornament . Urns from crematorium if you go to that route .

Job: grave digger , guard to watch over the cemetery , maybe even make selling coffins a thing for others colonies ?

Animals: wolfs would attack corpse in the wild (haven't seen that happen yet) , crows for that morbide atmosphere .

Events: thief mess graves , breaking tomb stones . Bugs coming out of graves and such . Haunted cemetery ? we need ghost ! :P
X colony stole corpses from your graveyard for 'science' .

Put three humans in a room, there will be six opinions.-Samara