[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Personaly i like to see 1 mod/project for 1 topic, but thats only me. Other modder put all their mod under one topic.

And then you can made another topic with your mod-collection like
Kiame's Mods
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=36786.0

And/or post your collection at
[B18] Mod Announcements Thread
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37235.0

Don't forget you can "Modify" you post there too, to keep them upto date.

baiph

Hi I just tried using this mod with Thirite's "Taiga Creatures" because RimWorld does not have its own horses and it works. The mod is still on A16, at least from this forum, but changing the version to B18 worked for me.

GIFShinobi

Quote from: baiph on December 02, 2017, 06:24:07 PM
Hi I just tried using this mod with Thirite's "Taiga Creatures" because RimWorld does not have its own horses and it works. The mod is still on A16, at least from this forum, but changing the version to B18 worked for me.

Can I get a screen shot of the horses in that mod please?

Napple

The taiga animal mod is already incorporated into the animal collab project on the steam workshop.

baiph

Quote from: Napple on December 02, 2017, 10:39:42 PM
The taiga animal mod is already incorporated into the animal collab project on the steam workshop.

I didn't know that, but I don't use Steam so the only choice I have is to use what's in here >_<

Napple

here's the github from one of the mod authors you should find it the animal collab project there.

https://github.com/XenEmpireAdmin?tab=repositories

pktongrimworld

*wonders how long it would take to say, add motorbikes and such :D

baiph

Has anyone here tried riding on slaves from Walking Problem's mod? I believe they are considered as animals as well, that are just set to not be found in the wild. If they actually are, we might be able to piggy back ride on those work slaves or mount together with the Dothrakis.

Ser Kitteh

My dude, this looks great! I totally get the accuracy penalty, makes total sense! Though, I would think that with sitting on mounts, you get an accuracy bonus (what with being on a tall animal and being able to shoot from "above") and maybe a reload penalty (because reloading on an animal is more difficult).

Man I can't wait until someone makes a horse mod! It's certainly going into my load order next playthrough that's for damn sure.

kubolek01

Would I try to inject it in A17? Or game will blow up like a Dday launcher again?
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Roolo

Quote from: Canute on December 02, 2017, 06:15:01 AM
Personaly i like to see 1 mod/project for 1 topic, but thats only me. Other modder put all their mod under one topic.

And then you can made another topic with your mod-collection like
Kiame's Mods
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=36786.0

And/or post your collection at
[B18] Mod Announcements Thread
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37235.0
Don't forget you can "Modify" you post there too, to keep them upto date.

I also like that approach. But I do like to keep all Giddy-up! mods on one thread as they are all very related. Right now it's a bit too early to create a thread called Roolo's mods since I only created 3 mods. But if I have created more I'll probably do such a thing.

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on December 03, 2017, 05:35:19 AM
My dude, this looks great! I totally get the accuracy penalty, makes total sense! Though, I would think that with sitting on mounts, you get an accuracy bonus (what with being on a tall animal and being able to shoot from "above") and maybe a reload penalty (because reloading on an animal is more difficult).

Man I can't wait until someone makes a horse mod! It's certainly going into my load order next playthrough that's for damn sure.

Thanks for your feedback and your thinking. An accuracy bonus would maybe be a bit strange since a mount is not a very stable foundation to shoot from compared to solid ground, but I do agree that it makes sense to add some bonus for shooting from above. Maybe an increased chance of hitting upper body parts or maybe an increased chance of hitting pawns that are behind barricades. The reloading penalty also makes sense. However, I think it's a bit too early now to be focusing on these kind of balancing issues. I'll first focus on the critical things, like mounts for enemy pawns, and fixing some drawing issues. Once I'm very convinced the mod is mature, I'll focus on balancing issues.

By the way, scroll a bit up, and you'll see how to get horses in :)

Quote from: kubolek01 on December 03, 2017, 06:22:50 AM
Would I try to inject it in A17? Or game will blow up like a Dday launcher again?
I would be very surprised if that works. B18 completely changed how pawn rotation works. But if you're lucky, it will run with some errors thrown, but I'm pretty sure the drawing will be weird.

kubolek01

If it fails, just cut all mods from game files, run on Core, then retry. Downloading it, I missed such thing so far.

Roolo

Update!
v0.18.2
- Improved automatic back detection for non-vanilla animals. This means the draw position of pawns riding on animals added by other mods will be determined much better. Remount already mounting pawns to see the effect.
- Fixed issue with settings not being saved properly.
- Added Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Korean translations.

kubolek01

Quote from: Roolo on December 05, 2017, 12:18:30 PM
Update!
v0.18.2
- Improved automatic back detection for non-vanilla animals. This means the draw position of pawns riding on animals added by other mods will be determined much better. Remount already mounting pawns to see the effect.
- Fixed issue with settings not being saved properly.
- Added Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Korean translations.
Smells like improvement... Again downloading :P