[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Time to put on some Wagner and Ride some Genetic Abominations into Battle.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

kubolek01

PS: It screwed. I will get a log and put it here soon if interested.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Vlad0mi3r

Do Mounts conduct their own attacks while mounted?

I am thinking about being mounted on a rhino with a sword wielding pawn on its back.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Canute

I didn't test it myself yet, but
Quote- Animals that are mounted will attack the target their rider is currently fighting when in range!

Roolo

New update for Giddy-up Battlemounts! (v18.3.0)

- Enemy pawns now also use mounts during raids and ambushes!
- The chance that a given enemy pawn spawns with a mount is 40% for tribals and 20% for non-tribals. These chances can be configured in the mod options.
- Enemy pawns can only mount animals allowed in the mod options. The mounts they use will depend on the environment in which they attack.
- Fixed issue that sometimes causes mounts to teleport when mounting is interrupted.

Sebastian Cigar

So-o, does this mean I can now have my own bear cavalry?!

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Roolo on December 12, 2017, 03:23:54 PM
New update for Giddy-up Battlemounts! (v18.3.0)

- Enemy pawns now also use mounts during raids and ambushes!
- The chance that a given enemy pawn spawns with a mount is 40% for tribals and 20% for non-tribals. These chances can be configured in the mod options.
- Enemy pawns can only mount animals allowed in the mod options. The mounts they use will depend on the environment in which they attack.
- Fixed issue that sometimes causes mounts to teleport when mounting is interrupted.
w00t! Awesome.

Thank you for your work

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on December 12, 2017, 04:23:51 PM
So-o, does this mean I can now have my own bear cavalry?!

If you are content with bears. Then yes.

It also means you can have whatever cavalry you want be it Giant Spiders, Dinosaurs or Genetic Mutations.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

s44yuritch

One possible issue with mounted raiders (unless that works as intended): when a raid is defeated, their animals don't leave the map with the rest, instead they run away for a time and then stay on the map, behaving like wild animals.

Except they still count as their faction, can not be hunted (unless shot by drafted pawns) or tamed, and if any of my pawns comes into melee range of them, they attack (but they won't chase). Doesn't quite feel right to me.

Roolo

Small update for Giddy-up Core.  (v18.3.0)
- Fixed non harmful null pointer exception that was sometimes thrown when the game was loaded
- Removed debug log messages
- Added Spanish, Russian, and French translations

Roolo

Quote from: s44yuritch on December 13, 2017, 04:36:15 AM
One possible issue with mounted raiders (unless that works as intended): when a raid is defeated, their animals don't leave the map with the rest, instead they run away for a time and then stay on the map, behaving like wild animals.

Except they still count as their faction, can not be hunted (unless shot by drafted pawns) or tamed, and if any of my pawns comes into melee range of them, they attack (but they won't chase). Doesn't quite feel right to me.

Yes that could be improved. I'll look into it.

Madman666

Holy shit! Cybernetic power-armored warg riders on a bionic wargs with charge weapons are no longer an unobtainable dream! Wow. I will definitely try this out. Hats off to you, this is damn amazing.

P.S. I will definitely be waiting for caravan mounts option) I like the ability to send people on a journeys a lot, but at the same time I don't really like how damn long it takes. So I'd be thrilled to have an option to take some mounts and speed the caravan up at the cost of more food for mounted animals.

Roolo

I release a small hotfix for Giddy-up Battle Mounts (v18.3.1)
- Fixed bug that could cause a pawn to glitch and turn invisible when an animal waiting to be mounted is interrupted
- Animals no longer teleport to the pawn that started a mounting process but interrupted it before actually mounting the animal (this problem was introduced in the previous update).

Quote from: Madman666 on December 13, 2017, 07:34:57 PM
Holy shit! Cybernetic power-armored warg riders on a bionic wargs with charge weapons are no longer an unobtainable dream! Wow. I will definitely try this out. Hats off to you, this is damn amazing.

P.S. I will definitely be waiting for caravan mounts option) I like the ability to send people on a journeys a lot, but at the same time I don't really like how damn long it takes. So I'd be thrilled to have an option to take some mounts and speed the caravan up at the cost of more food for mounted animals.

I'm glad you like it :) The caravan mod will have my next focus after I wrap up the most important things up of Battle Mounts.

Madman666

Ok, I've never laughed so damn hard in all my Rimworld playtime... I love how modded factions also can have mounts. It blends really nicely with Medieval mod (although added speed to armored knights makes it damn challenging), but when it comes to other mods... like TiberiumRim or Rimsenal. imagine federation Peacekeepers that wreck havok and spread destruction and despair on a... doe? Or scrin hive mechanoids merrily riding to you on wild boars? God, it was really damn tough to climb back from under the table, where I was rolling on the floor laughing my lungs out. For that alone this mods NEEDS to be in core game! :)) On a serious note I think this needs to have some kind of tagging system for animals, that defines which types of pawns can spawn with which animal mount or without it. Will probably require compatibility patches though. Leaving it like this is fine as well - having fun makes you live longer))

Now I need to find horse mod for medieval knights. It will be epic.

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: Madman666 on December 14, 2017, 12:00:33 PM
Ok, I've never laughed so damn hard in all my Rimworld playtime... I love how modded factions also can have mounts. It blends really nicely with Medieval mod (although added speed to armored knights makes it damn challenging), but when it comes to other mods... like TiberiumRim or Rimsenal. imagine federation Peacekeepers that wreck havok and spread destruction and despair on a... doe? Or scrin hive mechanoids merrily riding to you on wild boars? God, it was really damn tough to climb back from under the table, where I was rolling on the floor laughing my lungs out. For that alone this mods NEEDS to be in core game! :)) On a serious note I think this needs to have some kind of tagging system for animals, that defines which types of pawns can spawn with which animal mount or without it. Will probably require compatibility patches though. Leaving it like this is fine as well - having fun makes you live longer))

Now I need to find horse mod for medieval knights. It will be epic.
I'll see your Peacekeepers riding on Does and raise you a Chimp on a T-Rex  ;D