[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos17

This mod made think: that would be cool to have more vehicles because it's kinda strange to be able to build turrets but you can't even build-ride a bicycle lol

Canute

I asked walking problem to made some of the trading caravan vehicles craftable.
He said he was thinking about it, but i guess he just too busy.

Chaos17

Quote from: Canute on May 13, 2018, 01:46:55 PM
I asked walking problem to made some of the trading caravan vehicles craftable.
He said he was thinking about it, but i guess he just too busy.
Yeah, maybe I can think of one big prob is the aesthetic aspect. Some vehicles may looks weird with the pawn on it, imo.

Canute

But that could be solfable, if giddy up add a new flag, how much visible the riding pawn are.
Full, half, just head, none.
So one some vehicles you could set them to none, and wont see any pawn, because he is inside.

Chaos17

Quote from: Canute on May 14, 2018, 03:39:53 AM
But that could be solfable, if giddy up add a new flag, how much visible the riding pawn are.
Full, half, just head, none.
So one some vehicles you could set them to none, and wont see any pawn, because he is inside.
Yeah, I agree that's why I mentionned the idea since now the modder have the code now but making new vehicules would imply in long term that multiple pawns could get on the same car for example xD but that would be cool so also we could make road where vehicules can move faster... it's already getting complicated just by thinking about it lol

Roolo

Small update:

Giddy-up! Core -> v18.1.8
- Fixed problem that sometimes caused ambushes not to work properly when pawns ride animals whose master is in the caravan
Giddy-up! Ride and Roll -> v18.1.9
- Added potential fix for a rare issue that could have caused pawns to freeze in very specific conditions
- Update Japanese translations (by Proxyer)

And about the vehicles discussion (which has been brought up a lot of times now): To implement it nicely would require a huge effort, even with the existing Giddy-up Code. For the time being I want to focus on things with a better impact/amount of work ratio (including a mod I'm currently working on very secretly :))). Maybe in the future I'll take a shot at it, but no promises.

Nousy

I tried using these mods with the USCM modpack and for some reason it wont load the save file is there any particular order i should put the mods or some changes to the files i should do?

Roolo

Quote from: Nousy on May 14, 2018, 04:49:46 PM
I tried using these mods with the USCM modpack and for some reason it wont load the save file is there any particular order i should put the mods or some changes to their files i should do?

They should work fine together. You did install hugslib, right? Like explained in the mod description, make sure hugslib is loaded first, after that Giddy-up core, and after that the other Giddy-up mods. If this doesn't work (it should) please share the log by pressing ctrl+f12 after loading the game and placing the link here.

Chaos17

Quote from: Roolo on May 14, 2018, 04:11:43 PM
Small update:

Giddy-up! Core -> v18.1.8
- Fixed problem that sometimes caused ambushes not to work properly when pawns ride animals whose master is in the caravan
Giddy-up! Ride and Roll -> v18.1.9
- Added potential fix for a rare issue that could have caused pawns to freeze in very specific conditions
- Update Japanese translations (by Proxyer)

And about the vehicles discussion (which has been brought up a lot of times now): To implement it nicely would require a huge effort, even with the existing Giddy-up Code. For the time being I want to focus on things with a better impact/amount of work ratio (including a mod I'm currently working on very secretly :))). Maybe in the future I'll take a shot at it, but no promises.

No problem and thank you for your hard work with this mod. I really like it, should've been vanilla.

Nousy

Quote from: Roolo on May 15, 2018, 12:45:05 AM
I tried using these mods with the USCM modpack and for some reason it wont load the save file is there any particular order i should put the mods or some changes to their files i should do?

They should work fine together. You did install hugslib, right? Like explained in the mod description, make sure hugslib is loaded first, after that Giddy-up core, and after that the other Giddy-up mods. If this doesn't work (it should) please share the log by pressing ctrl+f12 after loading the game and placing the link here.

Where can i get hugslib i didnt find a link in the post

Roolo

Quote from: Nousy on May 15, 2018, 04:41:46 AM
Quote from: Roolo on May 15, 2018, 12:45:05 AM

Where can i get hugslib i didnt find a link in the post

Use google or the forum search function. But I've saved you the effort:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28066.0.
I'll add a link to the description.

Nousy

Thanks
also i am having a problem with the caravans
when they are ambushed it doesnt say anything and the caravan icon keeps moving

Roolo

Quote from: Nousy on May 15, 2018, 07:05:44 AM
Thanks
also i am having a problem with the caravans
when they are ambushed it doesnt say anything and the caravan icon keeps moving

Are you sure you have all the latest versions installed? I thought I fixed this problem with Giddy-up Core 18.8. If you have the latest versions installed, and are still getting the error, please share the log by pressing ctrl+f12 and posting the link you get here.

Nousy

I have the 18.7.8
and here is the log from the ambush time

[attachment deleted due to age]

Roolo

Quote from: Nousy on May 15, 2018, 10:36:11 AM
I have the 18.7.8
and here is the log from the ambush time

Ok, silly me. I forgot to make the updated dll file available in the release on Github and Steam, so the fix wasn't loaded into the game (only the source code with the fix was made available). Could you re-download and re-install v18.7.8 of Giddy-up! Core, and see if that solves it?

IMPORTANT NOTE: Anyone who already downloaded Giddy-up! Core v18.7.8 should re-download it in order to get the fix