[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

Quote from: projectew on June 21, 2018, 06:58:22 PM
Is this version for either B18 OR 1.0 experimental, or only 1.0?

Only 1.0, there's also a B18 version available. You'll never see a mod that supports both versions at once without causing errors.

NovaCameron

Errors on load for both v1.0 mods. Also the Version number is not up to date as well.

ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly GiddyUpCore: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/Assembly.cs:371
  at Verse.ModAssemblyHandler.AssemblyIsUsable (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00003] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModContent\ModAssemblyHolder.cs:100

Loader exceptions:
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'GiddyUpCore.Zones.Area_GU' from assembly 'GiddyUpCore, Version=0.18.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'GiddyUpCore.Jobs.JobDriver_Dismount+<>c__DisplayClass3_0' from assembly 'GiddyUpCore, Version=0.18.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'HugsLib.ModBase' from assembly 'HugsLib, Version=0.18.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'HugsLib.Settings.SettingHandleConvertible' from assembly 'HugsLib, Version=0.18.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'HugsLib.Utils.UtilityWorldObject' from assembly 'HugsLib, Version=0.18.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass16_0' from assembly 'GiddyUpCore, Version=0.18.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'GiddyUpCore, Version=0.18.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Usable (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00003] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModContent\ModAssemblyHolder.cs:100

Loader exceptions:
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'HugsLib.ModBase' from assembly 'HugsLib, Version=0.18.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly Battlemounts: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/Assembly.cs:371
  at Verse.ModAssemblyHandler.AssemblyIsUsable (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00003] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModContent\ModAssemblyHolder.cs:100

Loader exceptions:

Roolo

Quote from: NovaCameron on June 22, 2018, 06:43:27 PM
Errors on load for both v1.0 mods. Also the Version number is not up to date as well.

ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly GiddyUpCore: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

Loader exceptions:
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'GiddyUpCore.Zones.Area_GU' from assembly 'GiddyUpCore, Version=0.18.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'GiddyUpCore.Jobs.JobDriver_Dismount+<>c__DisplayClass3_0' from assembly 'GiddyUpCore, Version=0.18.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'HugsLib.Settings.SettingHandleConvertible' from assembly 'HugsLib, Version=0.18.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'HugsLib.Utils.UtilityWorldObject' from assembly 'HugsLib, Version=0.18.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass16_0' from assembly 'GiddyUpCore, Version=0.18.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'GiddyUpCore, Version=0.18.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Usable (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00003] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModContent\ModAssemblyHolder.cs:100

Loader exceptions:

ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly Battlemounts: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

Loader exceptions:

For me it's working fine. Did you also update your Hugslib to 1.0? I think you're either missing Hugslib, or didn't  update it. And yeah I should update the assembly version, but this doesn't cause any problems and is only important for getting the right version printed in the log (I did update the version in version.xml, which does matter).

Edit: I'll make sure to put an extra note on the releases section on GitHub, so when you download Giddy-up, you're reminded that you should have Hugslib, because people keep forgetting this.

Canute

Can't you put a check into Core, and then give out an error msg. like "Hugslib not found please install it".

Roolo

Quote from: Canute on June 23, 2018, 03:09:22 AM
Can't you put a check into Core, and then give out an error msg. like "Hugslib not found please install it".
Yeah, I'll do that. Hugslib even has a special checker assembly for this. For some reason I removed it once during debugging and forgot to put it back. I'll make sure to put it back.

Roolo

I've just released the Rimworld 1.0 experimental verions of Giddy-up! Ride and Roll and Caravan. I also pushed some minor updates for Battle Mounts and Core. For Core and Battle Mounts the 1.0 version was already released.

Update notes:
Giddy-up! Caravan -> v1.0.0
- Rimworld 1.0 experimental support added.
- Information about the movement bonuses and how they are now shown in the popup window added in 1.0.
Giddy-up! Ride and Roll ->  v1.0.0
- Rimworld 1.0 experimental support added.
Giddy-up! Core -> v1.0.1
- Added Hugslib checker assembly
- Correct mod version is outputted in error logs.
Giddy-up! Battle Mounts. -> v1.0.1
- Fixed enemies not using mounts during ambushes

lllMWNlll

I got this log for you
https://git.io/f4SWr

Both Core and Ride&Roll mods are 0.18.0 i don't think it's supposed to do this, but i did download at GitHub the version 1.0

Roolo

Quote from: lllMWNlll on June 23, 2018, 05:38:44 PM
I got this log for you
https://git.io/f4SWr

Both Core and Ride&Roll mods are 0.18.0 i don't think it's supposed to do this, but i did download at GitHub the version 1.0

I'm sorry. GitHub defaults to the master branch when you create releases, so I forgot to change it to the 1.0 branch for those releases. If you redownload now it should be fine.

harperers

Just wanted to let you know that battle mounts is causing me crashes whenever a raid happens.

Roolo

Quote from: harperers on June 23, 2018, 11:21:47 PM
Just wanted to let you know that battle mounts is causing me crashes whenever a raid happens.

Thanks for reporting. Are you using the steam version? I'll have to check it out but it sounds like one of the latest minor builds of Rimworld broke one of my Harmony transpilers

Edit: Fixed now for Battle Mounts 1.0.2. It was indeed one of the transpilers that broke after the latest minor update of Rimworld. Can happen with an unstable build.

Roolo

Update:

Giddy-up! Battle Mounts -> v1.0.2
- Fixed crashing issue introduced since Rimworld 1.01943

ZE

suggestion, battlemounts to have the same naming scheme as the rest

GiddyUpBattlemounts instead of just battlemounts

Roolo

Quote from: ZE on June 24, 2018, 09:05:00 AM
suggestion, battlemounts to have the same naming scheme as the rest

GiddyUpBattlemounts instead of just battlemounts

Yeah, I agree that would be better. It's a bit of a legacy name from the time I didn't know I was going to create a series instead of just one mod. At this point, renaming it would break all links to the GitHub page, since I cannot just rename the zip file without renaming the repository. I don't have control over all links pointing to Giddy-up Battle Mounts, so I decided to just keep it this way.

However, I'm getting this question quite often, and now I'm starting to think just renaming will be the path of least resistance ^^. I'll consider it.

Edit: Cool, I just found out it's possible to rename the repository name without destroying the links pointing to it. I found the following on GitHub:
QuoteIf you plan on renaming your repository, we recommend using a custom domain for your Project Pages. Using a custom domain will ensure that your Project Pages URL isn't impacted by the repository name change.

So I guess I'll do that when I have time.

Canute

Or you just could create a new project and clone all over beside the old releases.

Roolo

Quote from: Canute on June 24, 2018, 09:56:35 AM
Or you just could create a new project and clone all over beside the old releases.

That would be overkill for just a small naming issue. There's a fine solution already so no need to go down that road.