[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

Some minor updates:

Giddy-up! Core -> v1.0.8
- Fixed: riders dismounting their animal if the animal doesn't have any melee attack and enemies get in range.
Giddy-up! Ride and Roll -> v1.0.5
- Animals will now stop waiting for their rider when the rider is outside a certain distance (first it only checked where the first job target of the rider was, which didn't always work as many jobs start close and end up being far away).
Giddy-up! Mechanoids -> v0.19.1
- Improved patching so load order between What the Hack and this mod is less important.
- Added Japanese translations (by Proxyer)
- Added German translations (by RoffeIchen)

carpediembr

Anyone having issue with animals not following the zone restriction area? And therefore getting hungry/starving?

Edit: seeing that other people had issue as well, probably something to do with Alien Races framework.

LunaticModo6

Hi! Just reporting to see an error with Battle Mounts. I can't order my colonists to move when drafted.

Initializing new game with mods Core, HugsLib, Giddy-up! Core, Giddy-up! Caravan, battlemounts-1.0.6
Verse.Log:Message(String, Boolean)
Verse.Game:InitNewGame()
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'GiddyUpCore.Utilities.GUC_FloatMenuUtility.AddMountingOptions'.
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddDraftedOrders_Patch1 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>) <0x00bfd>
at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn) <0x00283>
at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.TryMakeFloatMenu (Verse.Pawn) <0x0019f>
at RimWorld.Selector.HandleMapClicks () <0x00287>
at RimWorld.Selector.SelectorOnGUI () <0x0001c>
at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleLowPriorityInput () <0x0006d>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x002f9>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x00112>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

Started a new game with only the Giddy Up Series and I still can't move my pawn when drafted.

Roolo

Quote from: LunaticModo6 on October 01, 2018, 03:10:35 AM
Hi! Just reporting to see an error with Battle Mounts. I can't order my colonists to move when drafted.

Initializing new game with mods Core, HugsLib, Giddy-up! Core, Giddy-up! Caravan, battlemounts-1.0.6

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'GiddyUpCore.Utilities.GUC_FloatMenuUtility.AddMountingOptions'.
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddDraftedOrders_Patch1 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>) <0x00bfd>
at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn) <0x00283>

Started a new game with only the Giddy Up Series and I still can't move my pawn when drafted.

Make sure all your Giddy-up mods are up to date. I think your Giddy-up core isn't up to date. If they are, then please show me your entire log by pressing Ctrl+f12 after the issue happens.

LunaticModo6

Quote from: Roolo on October 01, 2018, 03:32:30 AM
Quote from: LunaticModo6 on October 01, 2018, 03:10:35 AM

Make sure all your Giddy-up mods are up to date. I think your Giddy-up core isn't up to date. If they are, then please show me your entire log by pressing Ctrl+f12 after the issue happens.

Thanks a lot! Everything is working fine. Didn't know that the core I had was outdated.

Madman666

Hey, @Roolo. Lately upon loading a save i am getting this error:

Tried to find reachable cell in a null map
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean)
Verse.CellFinder:TryFindRandomReachableCellNear(IntVec3, Map, Single, TraverseParms, Predicate`1, Predicate`1, IntVec3&, Int32)
GiddyUpRideAndRoll.Jobs.<MakeNewToils>d__1:MoveNext()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:SetupToils_Patch2(Object)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ExposeData()
Verse.PostLoadIniter:DoAllPostLoadInits()
Verse.ScribeLoader:FinalizeLoading()
Verse.Game:LoadGame()
Verse.SavedGameLoaderNow:LoadGameFromSaveFileNow(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__0()

I have shitton of mods, so there s high chance its some kind of incompatibility. Maybe you ll unerstand more of it than I. Does Giddy Up have anything to do with this one?

Urubaen

Hi, i spotted a bug with other mod.

I use call of chthulhu and rimworld of magic and when i use the necromancer spell for raise a dead creature of Call of Cthulhu - Cosmic Horrors i've this error. I'm not sure you can do anything about that (very specific situation with other mod than yours) but i prefer report it in case of you can repair this :)

Exception ticking ROM_DeepOne146708 (at (210, 0, 176)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at GiddyUpCore.Utilities.DistanceUtility.GetFirstTarget (Verse.AI.Job,Verse.AI.TargetIndex) <0x0002d>
at GiddyUpCaravan.Harmony.Pawn_JobTracker_DetermineNextJob.Postfix (Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker,Verse.AI.ThinkResult&) <0x00447>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.DetermineNextJob_Patch4 (object,Verse.ThinkTreeDef&) <0x0047b>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.TryFindAndStartJob () <0x00166>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.JobTrackerTick () <0x00406>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch1 (object) <0x001f3>
at CosmicHorror.CosmicHorrorPawn.Tick () <0x0001e>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x00487>

Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Roolo

Quote from: Madman666 on October 16, 2018, 08:30:23 AM
Hey, @Roolo. Lately upon loading a save i am getting this error:

[...]
I have shitton of mods, so there s high chance its some kind of incompatibility. Maybe you ll unerstand more of it than I. Does Giddy Up have anything to do with this one?

Thanks for reporting. Yes this seems to be caused by Giddy-up, but it doesn't seem to be harmful at first sight. Did it impact your game in any way? Even if it didn't it's good that you reported it as I always also want non-critical issues solved.

QuoteHi, i spotted a bug with other mod
@Urubaen. Mind that this thread is about Giddy-up, and that it's not a threat for posting random bugs. Please only report issues related to Giddy-up here and place your post in the threads related to call of chtulu and Rimworld of magic.

You can also check out the troubleshooting threat at discord.

Madman666

Nah, it doesn't seem to be harmful. It only happens once, when i load the save. Reported it just in case, since red things in the log generally make me nervous.

There s still another issue though. From time to time mounted people seem to freeze up in place though and won't move until you draft undraft them. Usually i find out when i get a low mood warning. It happens relatively rarely, but its still something to look out for. Unfortunately this problem doesn't have any representation in the log and also might be caused by some mod being present, so i can't really post a reliable way to reproduce it.

Ruisuki

hello just wondering if animals kidnapping colonists is intentional? a mounted raiding party decided to take what they could and go, kidnapping the escaping refugee i just accepted into the colony. Only the animal (dromedary) did the capturing by itself while the raider was unmounted
https://ibb.co/dTb2vf
also kidnapping while mounted prevents run and gun as I managed to catch up to the raider/dromedary after he remounted and tried to escape with the colonist with no shots fired against me

Roolo

Update:
All giddy-up! mods -> 1.1.0
- Updated for Rimworld 1.0

Quote from: Madman666 on October 17, 2018, 09:21:20 AM
Nah, it doesn't seem to be harmful. It only happens once, when i load the save. Reported it just in case, since red things in the log generally make me nervous.

There s still another issue though. From time to time mounted people seem to freeze up in place though and won't move until you draft undraft them. Usually i find out when i get a low mood warning. It happens relatively rarely, but its still something to look out for. Unfortunately this problem doesn't have any representation in the log and also might be caused by some mod being present, so i can't really post a reliable way to reproduce it.

Hmm, odd, never heard of that issue. Well, with the limited information I cannot do anything about it. It might very well not be caused by Giddy-up! in the first place.

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 18, 2018, 12:20:00 AM
hello just wondering if animals kidnapping colonists is intentional? a mounted raiding party decided to take what they could and go, kidnapping the escaping refugee i just accepted into the colony. Only the animal (dromedary) did the capturing by itself while the raider was unmounted
https://ibb.co/dTb2vf
also kidnapping while mounted prevents run and gun as I managed to catch up to the raider/dromedary after he remounted and tried to escape with the colonist with no shots fired against me

Yeah, that's more or less intentional. The AI the animals use when they don't have a rider, has this capture behaviour by default. I could remove it with some patches, but I decided not to as I think it makes as much sense as animals being able to rescue your colonists. Also, it makes sense they can't fire while kidnapping, even though they're riding an animal. They don't have time to properly place the prisoner on the animal, so they have to hold them somehow, keeping their hands occupied.

SargBjornson

Hi Roolo!

I just released Alpha Animals :) Have you had the chance to think about that hook to make some animals better riding beasts? I suppose I could also add it to a few of them in Genetic Rim!

Roolo

Quote from: SargBjornson on October 18, 2018, 05:41:28 AM
Hi Roolo!

I just released Alpha Animals :) Have you had the chance to think about that hook to make some animals better riding beasts? I suppose I could also add it to a few of them in Genetic Rim!

Hi Sarg. Very cool! I'm looking forward to trying that mod. Well, just let me know what you'd like for your animals, and I'll implement a hook for what you want, given that your request isn't too time-demanding. An obvious idea would be to add a speed bonus for the animal that's only applied when it has a rider on it, but let me know if you have more ideas.

SargBjornson

Yeah, I had thought about the speed bonus. Maybe also some defensive bonus? In my experience, some raiders come riding super big creatures and since bigger creatures are easier to hit they don't last much hahaha

Roolo

Quote from: SargBjornson on October 18, 2018, 05:59:33 AM
Yeah, I had thought about the speed bonus. Maybe also some defensive bonus? In my experience, some raiders come riding super big creatures and since bigger creatures are easier to hit they don't last much hahaha

Yeah that's true. I could certainly add that too, but would it make sense though? How would having a rider on top of you boost your defense?