[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

Quote from: vaindil on December 05, 2018, 09:16:12 PM
I love the mod! I've noticed that animals are rather obnoxious with how long they stay in the "standing" state after being ridden. I sometimes have to manually switch their area and switch it back, otherwise they'll stay "standing" for hours (in-game). I'm currently watching my grizzly bear standing next to the edge of the map at 23h when it should be asleep, and no colonists have been near for about 2 hours in-game. Just wanted to point it out. Thanks!

Thanks. I have some other refinements planned for Ride and Roll, so I'll make sure to also improve this.

Sandy

Quote from: Roolo on December 17, 2018, 11:32:20 AM
Thanks. I have some other refinements planned for Ride and Roll, so I'll make sure to also improve this.
Hi. Thanks for the mods. They are all so awesome.
Recently, after i added Misc. Core mod, i'm getting an error with Giddy-up mod. it happened while i used only Core, Caravan and Battle mount mods . It wasnt affecting the game much, maybe bcoz i didnt do much giddy-ing up. I attached the screenshot of the debug screen and the log file. Please do something about it. if its negligible error, thats fine too. Thanks for ur time.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Sandy,
QuoteCould not find type named GiddyUpCore.CustomStatsPatch from node <li Class="GiddyUpCore.CustomStatsPatch"><!--Speed factor.
could you try and delete GiddyUpCore (to be sure not to have old files left) and reinstall it, be sure with the latest release.
That's 2 error right after Rimworld startup, they shouldn't be there i think.

Sandy

Quote from: Canute on December 25, 2018, 12:42:34 PM
Sandy,
QuoteCould not find type named GiddyUpCore.CustomStatsPatch from node <li Class="GiddyUpCore.CustomStatsPatch"><!--Speed factor.
could you try and delete GiddyUpCore (to be sure not to have old files left) and reinstall it, be sure with the latest release.
Ok, I'll try that, though I have the latest version.. Thx man.

Edit: I didnt have the latest version. i had 1.1.0, but latest is 1.1.1.. no more error now.. Thanks.

Edit2: its still showing some errors.. i'm attaching the output log..

[attachment deleted due to age]

Roolo

Quote from: Sandy on December 25, 2018, 05:01:24 PM
Sandy,

Edit: I didnt have the latest version. i had 1.1.0, but latest is 1.1.1.. no more error now.. Thanks.

Those errors don't show any relation with Giddy-up. Please upload your Hugslib log, that'll give me more information. Press ctrl+f12 after getting the error and place the link you'll get here.

Sandy

Quote from: Roolo on December 27, 2018, 06:57:35 AM
Quote from: Sandy on December 25, 2018, 05:01:24 PM
Sandy,

Those errors don't show any relation with Giddy-up. Please upload your Hugslib log, that'll give me more information. Press ctrl+f12 after getting the error and place the link you'll get here.
Sorry for troubling you. i dont know why those errors showed up, but the next time i restarted the game, i got no errors from Giddy-up mods..

Beathrus

Would Giddy up conflict with say, Call of Cthulhu?

Roolo

Quote from: Beathrus on January 12, 2019, 03:02:53 PM

Certainly not. You can even ride the monsters if you train them.

Beathrus

Quote from: Roolo on January 13, 2019, 08:26:42 AM
Quote from: Beathrus on January 12, 2019, 03:02:53 PM

Certainly not. You can even ride the monsters if you train them.

Yeah, I'm on the Rim of Madness discord. I'm the stupid. Gotta fix mod load order and stuff!

Roolo

Update:

v1.1.2
- Compatibility with Dual Wield mod + better compatibility in general.

temple_wing

Why giddy-up need to support dual wielding? What's the relation between them?

Madman666

Logic says its to have mounted colonists be able to dual wield if Dual Wield mod is on.

Roolo

Quote from: temple_wing on January 18, 2019, 09:36:30 AM
Why giddy-up need to support dual wielding? What's the relation between them?

If pawns are riding an animal, things like the location they fire from, and where the weapon is drawn needs to be offset to match the height at which the pawn is drawn (on top of the animal). Without this update, the second weapon in dual-wield mode would have been drawn roughly where the head of the animal is. In this update I changed some code so it better handles things that are drawn relative to the pawn to fix this. That's why compatibility with other mods is also improved.

Roolo

Tiny update:
Giddy-up! Ride and Roll -> v1.1.1
- Updated to new versioning system.
- Mounted hunting is no longer turned off by default for Combat Extended.
- Updated Chinese translations.

Kori

Quote from: Roolo on January 22, 2019, 03:00:46 PM
- Mounted hunting is no longer turned off by default for Combat Extended.

They work fine together now?