[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Ahh sweet, thank you. I have it ready to go, but hadn't gotten around to trying it out yet.

I hope everyone is having a happy and safe New Years! ;D

Roolo

Happy new year everyone :)
I just released Giddy-up Caravan, which makes it possible to let your pawns ride animals in caravans.

Both Giddy-up Core and Giddy-up Battlemounts have also been updated with the following changes:

- Added compatibility with Giddy-up Caravan. Make sure all your Giddy-up mods are up to date before installing Caravan
- Fixed issue that caused pawns to interrupt the mounting action when the mount is very close to the pawn.
- Fixed issue involving the wrong mod name being shown in the mod settings.
- Fixed issue that made it possible that enemy mounts despawn when their rider is killed.

Madman666

This is damn awesome) Now the only thing left is to add a way for automatic use of mounts on your map to do tasks in remote places)

SpaceDorf

And don't forget to include more western music into the Rimworld Soundtrack.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Roolo

Small update for Giddy-up! Caravan (now v18.1.1):

- Fixed compatibility issue with Simple sidearms
- Added Russian and Japanese translations (by Garr Incorporated and Proxyer).

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 02, 2018, 04:24:38 AM
And don't forget to include more western music into the Rimworld Soundtrack.

Not a bad idea actually. I might actually consider this, maybe as a small separate mod in the series.

Dagoras

Quote from: Roolo on January 01, 2018, 02:21:01 PM
Happy new year everyone :)
I just released Giddy-up Caravan, which makes it possible to let your pawns ride animals in caravans.

Both Giddy-up Core and Giddy-up Battlemounts have also been updated with the following changes:

- Added compatibility with Giddy-up Caravan. Make sure all your Giddy-up mods are up to date before installing Caravan
- Fixed issue that caused pawns to interrupt the mounting action when the mount is very close to the pawn.
- Fixed issue involving the wrong mod name being shown in the mod settings.
- Fixed issue that made it possible that enemy mounts despawn when their rider is killed.

Thank you Roolo thats actually helps a lot with traveling around the world, especially in early game, we still miss some kind of mid-game transportation but if you use animal bionics from the EPOE mod you can "buff" your caravan animals quite a bit, never has riding a cyborg-muffalo be so much fun! :D

Madman666

Funny thing - caravan traders that come on mounts actually eat while still mounted)) One guy came in my dining room on a boar and ate while sitting on a boar, while boar was sitting on a chair))) Hilarious. I assume its not that easy to implement auto mount\dismount for this kind of events?))

UPD: Another idiot decided to eat while sitting on a muffalo)) Since his sprite was drawn offset while mounted it totally looked like muffalo was doing all the eating and the guy himself just watched with sadness)) Hah))

Vlad0mi3r

That is awesome.

Pawn "Excuse me buddy could you please park your boar outside?"

Trader "No, he gets lonely and emotional and you don't want that."

That's an Idea a tether rail for visitors to tie their mounts up to.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Roolo

Haha that is indeed hilarious ^^. This crossed my mind when I was developing the mod, but I forgot to do something about it. Letting them dismount  before they start eating eating probably is possible but will take quite some time to implement, so I think I'll just forbid eating for mounted visitors. They might get a bit hungry, but who cares, they should take their guard duty serious anyway :).

SpaceDorf

Hey Rooloo,

I just noticed that the Zip and Folder of Warmounts is not named after the Giddy-up Series  :o
and I thought I tell you ..

Madman666

Quote from: Roolo on January 02, 2018, 11:06:14 AM
Haha that is indeed hilarious ^^. This crossed my mind when I was developing the mod, but I forgot to do something about it. Letting them dismount  before they start eating eating probably is possible but will take quite some time to implement, so I think I'll just forbid eating for mounted visitors. They might get a bit hungry, but who cares, they should take their guard duty serious anyway :).

Is that really a good way to solve the issue? I mean guest can also have mental breaks and urgently hungry debuff is quite harsh. Traders stay for a decent time and I really don't want to have them berserk from hunger all the time... Just leave it to be hilarious until you have the time to deal with it in a more detailed way) Its fun to watch)

Roolo

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 02, 2018, 11:26:41 AM
Hey Rooloo,

I just noticed that the Zip and Folder of Warmounts is not named after the Giddy-up Series  :o
and I thought I tell you ..

Yeah sorry for that. I came with the idea to make it a series instead of one mod after I already created the Github repository. I didn't rename the repository at that time, and now it's a bit too late, because if I change it now, it'll break all links to the repository (also links I don't maintain), and it'll cause more confusion than how it is currently. I guess we'll just have to live with it. It's not that big of a problem anyway.

SpaceDorf

Roolo

Quote from: Madman666 on January 02, 2018, 11:49:50 AM
Quote from: Roolo on January 02, 2018, 11:06:14 AM

Is that really a good way to solve the issue? I mean guest can also have mental breaks and urgently hungry debuff is quite harsh. Traders stay for a decent time and I really don't want to have them berserk from hunger all the time... Just leave it to be hilarious until you have the time to deal with it in a more detailed way) Its fun to watch)

Yeah you're right, it shouldn't cause mental breaks so I'll have to test it thoroughly of course, and if it causes mental breaks, I won't implement it that way. I could also just cheat feed mounted visitors, which is maybe a better idea. Of course the best way is to dismount/mount properly, but since it's such a minor issue, I don't want to go trough too much trouble at this point to solve it (maybe I do later).

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on January 02, 2018, 10:31:50 AM
That's an Idea a tether rail for visitors to tie their mounts up to.

If this mod could somehow have an automatic tether rail, and have some way to make pawns automatically mount up when going on a caravan or something... holy crap the possibilities with something like that and GeneticRim!!!