[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

Small update for Giddy-up! Core (which is now v18.5.7)
- Fixed issue involving animals with riders teleporting after catching fire. (This only happened for animals controlled by the player).

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 21, 2018, 07:58:30 PM
I seriously keep getting blown away with this mod's updates. It's insane all of the new things that keep being possible. This is also what makes me excited for 1.0. I think that a lot more modders will be willing to take on even bigger crazier projects, because the game is more likely to be stable for a long time.

Either way, keep up the great work man. I can't wait to see what you cook up for us next! ;)

Thanks Harry Dicks! Mod updates often don't nearly get as much appreciation as new releases (especially on Steam), so this means a lot to me :)

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on January 23, 2018, 05:19:59 AM
I am getting teleporting animals. When a pawn when mounted is hit by a Mechanoid Inferno cannon the animal will teleport inside my base and leave the rider outside. Both the animal and the rider will be on fire. It does not throw an error.

It also seemed that anyone I rescued while mounted (A mounted pawn rescuing a downed pawn) turned the pawn into a prisoner. This may be a separate issue but with only about 20 mods running I am thinking there might be an issue (Maybe Not)

Thanks for reporting. I looked into it and I just solved the teleportation issue in the latest release of Giddy-up! Core (v18.5.7).

I highly doubt the second issue is caused by my mod since my mod doesn't touch code involving rescuing. I also couldn't reproduce it. By the way if it was by any chance a pawn rescued from a crashed drop pod, it is vanilla behaviour that the pawn is handled as a prisoner in such a situation (you probably knew this, but it can't harm to be sure).

Vlad0mi3r

Yeah I knew I was clutching at straws with my colonists becoming prisoners who aren't prisoners needing level 8 doctors.

I am glad you found out the teleportation issue though.  ;D
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

kubolek01

And... is it normal that animals can ride EACH OTHER? Isn't it sick a little?
(animal direct control is from Genetic Rim)
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: kubolek01 on January 24, 2018, 03:28:59 PM

We were having this discussion in one of the other threads for one of the sister mods.

"I want a tower of bears! How high can I stack them?"

"Well, sir, how much thrust and speed can your power bottom handle?"

Canute

Why do you want stack bears ?
Arn't megaspider which can split acid much more dangerous as tower ? :-)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on January 25, 2018, 04:12:30 AM
Why do you want stack bears ?
Arn't megaspider which can split acid much more dangerous as tower ? :-)

Canute, in English, the words "bear" and "power bottom" can relate to homosexual men, you can see other people's interpretations of these on urbandictionary.com. Most of the time a "bear" is a big burly hairy man, and "power bottom" is, well, you can figure it out ;) So most of the things I was saying were doubled entendre jokes.

Just curious, but I think English is maybe not your primary language?

kubolek01

I started both, once both mods have their part in it.
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 24, 2018, 04:05:16 PM
Quote from: kubolek01 on January 24, 2018, 03:28:59 PM

We were having this discussion in one of the other threads for one of the sister mods.

"I want a tower of bears! How high can I stack them?"

"Well, sir, how much thrust and speed can your power bottom handle?"

Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Kori

Just a small note about load order:
If you use this fantastic mod with Vanilla Animal Overhaul, make sure to load AO before Giddy-Up!, otherwise you will get XML errors:

XML error: Duplicate XML node name comps in this XML block:...

Keep up the good work Roolo!  :)

Roolo

Quote from: Kori on February 01, 2018, 07:38:58 AM
Just a small note about load order:
If you use this fantastic mod with Vanilla Animal Overhaul, make sure to load AO before Giddy-Up!, otherwise you will get XML errors:

XML error: Duplicate XML node name comps in this XML block:...

Keep up the good work Roolo!  :)

Thanks :). And that's good to know. I'll add it to the mod compatibility section when I have time.

minakurafto

anyone experiencing lag in caravan menu if carrying >1500 food (ie. pemmican)?
it seems back to normal after disable giddy up caravan

Roolo

Quote from: minakurafto on February 01, 2018, 08:29:52 AM
anyone experiencing lag in caravan menu if carrying >1500 food (ie. pemmican)?
it seems back to normal after disable giddy up caravan

Sounds plausible. I disabled some caching that happens in that form, because that caused some issues with how the options I added refreshed, and disabling it had no noticeable effect. But I can imagine I didn't test properly what happens when a large amount of items is used. Expect a fix in the next update.

Roolo

I'm happy to announce a big update that applies to all Giddy-up! mods.
Giddy-up! Core -> v18.6.0
Giddy-up! Battle Mounts -> v18.6.0
Giddy-up! Caravan -> v18.2.0
Make sure to update every Giddy-up! mod you're using to prevent issues (and not only one for instance)

Big changes in Giddy-up! Core:
- Enemy and friendly NPC mounts that have their rider thrown off will no longer become wild animals, but instead they will keep fighting until one of the following happens:
--> Their rider remounts the animal (riders will now attempt to remount their animal whenever possible).
--> The rider owning the animal is killed or downed. In this case the animal will flee in panic and leave the map, as there's no longer a master around to control it.
Note: When facing a dangerous mount, it's now more important than ever to kill its rider, so that it starts fleeing.
- If an enemy mount is downed, it is now turned into a wild animal so you can still tame or hunt it.

Big changes in Giddy-up! Caravan: 
- Friendly NPCs will now park their mount when arriving at your colony, and hop on again when they leave.
- A new zone has been added, named: NPC mount spot . When friendly NPCs arrive, they will park their mounts at the nearest NPC mount spot. Go check this out in Architect->Zone/Areas
Note: Place this spot in a room and you have your own stable for guests!

Small changes and fixes
- The caravan dialog should no longer lag when using Giddy-up! Caravan.
- Fixed UI issue in caravan dialog that appeared when a mount died during a map event (like an ambush).
- Fixed UI issue in caravan dialog that made it impossible to use multiple similar mounts that still had their default name.
- The right click menu item for mounting now also displays the mounts name when using Giddy-up! Battle Mounts.
- Updated Spanish translations (by mora145)

Many changes in this update are also to prepare for the next mod that will be released as part of the series, which will be called Giddy-up! Ride and Roll, and will introduce mounting in more non-combat situations. It'll still take some time until that is finished though.

Good luck playing!
Roolo

FrodoOf9Fingers

Love your work so far!

Is there a chance to modify the functionality of the "Release Animals" button, such that it doesn't dismount characters (including the one who used the dismount command)?

Also, a quick mount button would be awesome, allowing pawns to mount the closet mountable creature -or- having each pawn mount an animal that they are master over.

Great job!

Madman666