[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingProblem

Roolo, any idea when you will be releasing the update to steam? (sorry I havent tested the codes yet, was busy)

Roolo

Quote from: Walking Problem on March 13, 2018, 08:57:41 AM
Roolo, any idea when you will be releasing the update to steam? (sorry I havent tested the codes yet, was busy)

I can't give an exact date, but within a few days, and very likely before the weekend starts. The mod I'm releasing along with the update is basically finished, but only needs more extensive testing and a few bugfixes. The exact date of release will depend on how that plays out. If it takes too long I'll just release the update separately so you don't have to wait for it too long.

WalkingProblem

Are you like... camping and living in the forum? LMAO!

You reply so fast~

Roolo

Quote from: Walking Problem on March 13, 2018, 10:29:11 AM
Are you like... camping and living in the forum? LMAO!

You reply so fast~

Haha, not really. I'm working on my master thesis, and at this point any distraction is welcome, so when I get a notification email I generally check what's posted :).

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Roolo on March 13, 2018, 11:51:26 AM
Haha, not really. I'm working on my master thesis, and at this point any distraction is welcome, so when I get a notification email I generally check what's posted :).

Wow, what are you working on? You doing your bachelor or masters or doctorate?

---

I cant see the "updated" version on Github though. =x

Let me know when it is updated =P
I'll be adding the xml patch, as per you shown.

--- edit ---

Found it... I missed the part you mentioned "master"

WalkingProblem

Ah... you tagged the animal spawning to biome animal weight?

What is wrong can you tell?

---edit---

If you are spawning them based on the wild animal spawning mechanic - i would suggest not to use that method and make the spawning of the animals for the faction to be more "forced" (although you can still leave the temperature range check in).

Because my vehicles cannot be spawned in the wild, so I think thats why they cannot be spawned.

Roolo

Quote from: Walking Problem on March 13, 2018, 03:06:36 PM

Ah... you tagged the animal spawning to biome animal weight?

What is wrong can you tell?

---edit---

If you are spawning them based on the wild animal spawning mechanic - i would suggest not to use that method and make the spawning of the animals for the faction to be more "forced" (although you can still leave the temperature range check in).

Because my vehicles cannot be spawned in the wild, so I think thats why they cannot be spawned.

There are three methods of spawning used in my mod. Wild animal spawning with animals from the current biome, wild animal spawning with animals from any biome, and Non wild- animal spawning, with animals not occuring in the wild. The patching mechanic supports only the latter two. The first is named WildAnimals, and the other one DomesticAnimals (a bit awkwardly named, I guess, domestic in this case just means non-wild animals).

Wait I see I have you as a friend on steam. I'll just contact you there so we can communicate more easily.

Roolo

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on March 11, 2018, 08:44:04 AM
So Idk if this was old because I never had this problem before, but regardless I feel I should report it (if this is indeed a problem with Giddy Up). Basically when I buy an animal from a trader, going to the animal tab I found out said animal still belonged to said trader. I bought a muffalo and to my surprise it dissapeared. It was only until my second purchase that I switch owners to (none) and the animals were mine.

I tried reproducing this, but I'm not sure how to interpret your post. Could you elaborate a bit on this?
- "I found out said animal still belonged to said trader", what do you mean exactly by "still belonged to", that the animals master is the NPC?
- "to my surprise it disappeared.", do you mean the actual animal disappeared? Or did the animal disappear from the list in the animal tab?

Ser Kitteh

Quote from: Roolo on March 14, 2018, 05:52:17 AM
Quote from: Ser Kitteh on March 11, 2018, 08:44:04 AM
So Idk if this was old because I never had this problem before, but regardless I feel I should report it (if this is indeed a problem with Giddy Up). Basically when I buy an animal from a trader, going to the animal tab I found out said animal still belonged to said trader. I bought a muffalo and to my surprise it dissapeared. It was only until my second purchase that I switch owners to (none) and the animals were mine.

I tried reproducing this, but I'm not sure how to interpret your post. Could you elaborate a bit on this?
- "I found out said animal still belonged to said trader", what do you mean exactly by "still belonged to", that the animals master is the NPC?
- "to my surprise it disappeared.", do you mean the actual animal disappeared? Or did the animal disappear from the list in the animal tab?

I'm not sure myself because it only happened to me once but here's the gist of it:

1. I have all giddy up mods installed.
2a. I buy an animal from a trader.
2b. The animal in question was a muffalo and two horses mind so maybe it's just the mounted ones?
3. Looking under the animal tab, the animals in question belong to the trader OR one of the guards accompanying him.

I assuming that this happened because I bought an animal that was someone's mount. Sorry if this isn't much to go on!

Roolo

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on March 14, 2018, 06:18:35 AM

I'm not sure myself because it only happened to me once but here's the gist of it:

1. I have all giddy up mods installed.
2a. I buy an animal from a trader.
2b. The animal in question was a muffalo and two horses mind so maybe it's just the mounted ones?
3. Looking under the animal tab, the animals in question belong to the trader OR one of the guards accompanying him.

I assuming that this happened because I bought an animal that was someone's mount. Sorry if this isn't much to go on!

Hmm odd. I'd be surprised if you're able to buy animals the NPCs are riding, but it seems like the only valid explanation. Maybe another mod allows that? In any case, I just changed the code so that in the unlikely case a player buys an animal that is mounted by an NPC visitor/trader, the animal won't appear to be be owned by the NPC anymore. I hope this prevents this from occurring again.  I'll release that fix when I'm finished with the other stuff I have planned.

Ser Kitteh

https://i.imgur.com/ArUbRkw.jpg

Yep, here you can see here, Nelson and Guile are the traders and not my colonists!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Vlad0mi3r

I experienced an issue that I think is tied into the mount ownership issue.

Had a raid come in and one of the raiders was riding a grizzly. This was good for me as I had one self tame and this would give me the male female breading combo if I managed to capture/train the raider bear. Anyway did all of that captured/rescued the bear, tamed the bear, trained the bear, put both bears in a barn together to make me some baby bears.

Long story but to cut it short I had another raid come through. Daddy Bear was busy hauling things outside my wall and got hit a couple of times by the raiders. This is where things get interesting. The bear had a mental break "Fleeing in panic" I'm like ok that sounds good run inside be safe. No that's not what happens, the bear runs screaming off the map, Like gone, forever. Poor mumma bear is there prego and daddy bear has just run off into the distance.

I am suspicious that this has something to do with the bear being owned by another faction previously. Maybe remove the fleeing in panic part when a mount looses its rider.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Roolo

I'm proud to present Giddy-up! Ride and Roll!

Giddy-up! Let colonists Ride to their destination and Roll.

"Hey Stein, can you go mine some steel? We're running out."
"But Banastra, the only deposit is on the other side of the map! Why don't you do it?"
"Well, I'm incapable of mining, you know that. Why don't you just take an animal and Ride and Roll?"
"That's a thing now?"

Yes it is. With Giddy-up! Ride and Roll, you'll save your colonists the pain of walking everywhere, as it allows them to use mounts whenever it makes sense.
When a colonist wants to go to a destination, he will walk to an animal, mount it, and ride to the destination, given that it would take him there faster (this all happens automatically).
Depending on the job the pawn wants to do on the destination, the pawn will either dismount before doing the job, or stay mounted.

Check out the first page of this mod for more info!

Also update the other mods

Giddy-up! Core -> v18.7.0
- NPC pawns can no longer be owner of animals
- Added patching possibilities so mount use of certain factions can be restricted.

Giddy-up! Battle mounts -> v18.7.0
- Internal changes not visible to player.
Giddy-up! Caravan -> v18.3.0
- Internal changes not visible to player.

Harry_Dicks

WOW!!! ;D ;D ;D

I saw your notes on performance, but I can't help but wonder at how many new possibilities this could add in a late game with a very large colony (or colonies!) with tons of pawns and animals going every which way. Because now every time a pawn goes to start a job, they will need to perform multiple new pathfinding calculations, and then compare them all. Instead of just figuring out a pawn's own best path, what if this pawn is surrounded by a ton of different possible mounts and they are all at variable speeds? This really has no impact on performance? Because right now I'm on an older computer (though hopefully for not too much longer) so I have to try to save every little bit of CPU juice where I can ::)

And also... thank you :)

Ser Kitteh

The wizardry peformed here is utterly amazing! Another excellent job!