[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: Roolo on March 15, 2018, 06:09:55 PM

Giddy-up! Core -> v18.7.0
- NPC pawns can no longer be owner of animals

I think this could be the quickest fix to an issue with a mod ever.  ;)

You Rock Roolo
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Jernfalk

Getting the following error when trying to use the mod pack. Apparently it's Caravan's fault, since disabling that part fixes it.

Ser Kitteh

Roolo

Sorry guys, I noticed I still had one non-pushed commit for Giddy-up! Caravan (in GitHub).
Update:

Giddy-up! Caravan -> v18.3.1
- Fixed wrong dll
- Updated Japanese translations
Giddy-up! Ride and Roll -> v18.1.1
- Drafted pawns no longer dismount when equipping apparel/weapons.

Ser Kitteh

Quick question while you're here Rollo, will it work fine with Combat Extended?

Roolo

And thanks everyone for the kind words!

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 15, 2018, 06:24:10 PM
WOW!!! ;D ;D ;D

I saw your notes on performance, but I can't help but wonder at how many new possibilities this could add in a late game with a very large colony (or colonies!) with tons of pawns and animals going every which way. Because now every time a pawn goes to start a job, they will need to perform multiple new pathfinding calculations, and then compare them all. Instead of just figuring out a pawn's own best path, what if this pawn is surrounded by a ton of different possible mounts and they are all at variable speeds? This really has no impact on performance? Because right now I'm on an older computer (though hopefully for not too much longer) so I have to try to save every little bit of CPU juice where I can ::)

And also... thank you :)

Very valid points. Indeed, if I would have used path-finding to find the best possible path, considering all animals, that would have had a major impact on performance. The thing is, I didn't.  I only used path-finding where it's absolutely necessary. For almost everything I just use the euclidean distance, in combination with the pawns speed. This is not at all very accurate, however, the worst thing that can happen is that the pawn takes longer to get to the destination, but I found that in practice this only very rarely happens. I can imagine that this doesn't work for very strange maze-like bases, but my motivation is that introducing a low performance impact is more important than supporting such edge-cases. I plan to provide more advanced (but also more expensive)  path-finding mechanics as a mod option, so players can choose if they want accuracy or performance.  Moreover, I should clarify this a bit in the mod description, but I was running low on time when I released yesterday.

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on March 16, 2018, 04:36:38 AM
Quick question while you're here Rollo, will it work fine with Combat Extended?

The other Giddy-up mods do, so I expect this one will also work with it. However, this one in particular impacts many things, so I can't be 100%.

Ser Kitteh

I think, perhaps one thing to note with people who play with CE, is that a lot of people will download the horse mod, and I THINK CE is not compatible with many animal related mods? Idk myself, I just started playing. But if this is the case, you'll be the first to know!

Roolo

I almost forgot to mention:

There was a problem involving RunAndGun not working if it's loaded before Giddy-up! Ride and Roll. I updated RunAndGun to fix that.

Roolo

I fixed a serious bug introduced since Giddy-up! Ride and Roll was released, so another update here.

- Giddy-up! Core -> 18.7.1
- Giddy-up! Ride and Roll -> 18.1.2

- Fixed bug that would allow colonist to leave the map, riding an animal, without this being allowed with Giddy-up! Caravan, resulting in serious problems during encounters and when returning.
- Added Japanese translations (by Proxyer).

I really recommend updating at least Giddy-up! Core to 18.7.1 if you're using 18.7.0, since this bug isn't pleasant at all.  Sorry for overloading you with updates ^^, it's not easy at all and very time consuming to test all these things properly on my own, so I really need the community feedback to get this thing crisp

Roolo

I'm afraid I have to bother you guys again ^^. There was a problem in the latest update of Giddy-up! Core, causing pawns do dismount immediately after automatic mounting. That's fixed in the following update:

Giddy-up! Core -> v18.7.2
- Fixed problem introduced in the latest update of Giddy-up! Core, causing pawns do dismount immediately after automatic mounting with Giddy-up! Ride and Roll.

Again I advice you to use the latest version of Giddy-up! Core.

Ser Kitteh

My dude, I'd rather take constant updates then authors who fall off the Internet forever.

I'll take it, thank you very much!

Canute

Too bad no Mod-Sync support for us non-steam people.
But we need to check the forum anyway daily.

Roolo

Quote from: Canute on March 16, 2018, 08:52:53 AM
Too bad no Mod-Sync support for us non-steam people.
But we need to check the forum anyway daily.

Adding that is very high on my priority list. Probably the first thing I'll do when I have time to mod again and no major bugs have appeared.

Ser Kitteh

My hunter just mounted the nearest horse to shoot some goddamn turtle on the farm and she was hauling it back to the freezer and I have this mental image of a cowgirl coming in on horseback and shooting a turtle dead in its face and it is the funniest shit.

Oh my god Tynan has no excuse if he ever makes a Vehicles and Mounts DLC lemme tell ya.

Jernfalk