[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ser Kitteh

Quote from: Roolo on March 21, 2018, 12:27:56 PM

Thanks again :)

2. Hmm don't think I have much control over the folder names. GitHub appends the version name to the zip name automatically. Or did you mean something else?
2b. Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean that the mod settings should be hidden behind a button? So that you only see the mod settings after clicking a tab for instance? The term drop down confuses me a bit.

And you'll have to wait a while for charging cavalry. There's still a lot of polishing to do for Ride and Roll, and when I'm done with that I'll work on a non-Giddy-up! mod I want to create. So maybe after that's released I'll look into charging and other mounted animal skills. No promises though.

2. See, when you put an update on github it comes off as Giddy-Up (Name) v. xxx. Those x's are always new numbers and I'm basically asking if I can just override the older folder instead of needing to delete the old one and putting in the new.
2b. Yes! The former. I have like 60 mods running, and making sure everything works just fine means needing more control. Again, neither these two are that big a deal, and if it's too much effort for too little reward, go ahead and do what you will!

Canute

You can freely rename the modfolder like you want.
I like to stip the version numbers from the folder name, because Rimworld need to activate the mod with the different folder name even if it the same mod. When you use many mod's it is annoying to wait for restart.
So just unzip/copy it over to mod, delete the old folder and rename the new one like the old one.
Or just copy/unzip the content from inside the modfolder over.

coldcell

Does it matter if the mod order is Giddy Up first or Run & Gun First?

If it matters, which one should be first?

Roolo

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on March 22, 2018, 07:06:07 AM
Quote from: Roolo on March 21, 2018, 12:27:56 PM

Thanks again :)

2. Hmm don't think I have much control over the folder names. GitHub appends the version name to the zip name automatically. Or did you mean something else?
2b. Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean that the mod settings should be hidden behind a button? So that you only see the mod settings after clicking a tab for instance? The term drop down confuses me a bit.

And you'll have to wait a while for charging cavalry. There's still a lot of polishing to do for Ride and Roll, and when I'm done with that I'll work on a non-Giddy-up! mod I want to create. So maybe after that's released I'll look into charging and other mounted animal skills. No promises though.

2. See, when you put an update on github it comes off as Giddy-Up (Name) v. xxx. Those x's are always new numbers and I'm basically asking if I can just override the older folder instead of needing to delete the old one and putting in the new.
2b. Yes! The former. I have like 60 mods running, and making sure everything works just fine means needing more control. Again, neither these two are that big a deal, and if it's too much effort for too little reward, go ahead and do what you will!

2. Appending the version number is just something GitHub does automatically, I cannot prevent that as far as I know.
2b. Yes that would be more neat. I have many more pressing things to resolve though, so those things will have my priority first.

Quote from: coldcell on March 23, 2018, 03:32:22 AM
Does it matter if the mod order is Giddy Up first or Run & Gun First?

If it matters, which one should be first?

Doesn't matter.

Mehni

Found another bug:

Exception from long event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at GiddyUpCore.Utilities.NPCMountUtility.getMountChance (RimWorld.IncidentParms,int,int) <0x0000f>
at GiddyUpCore.Utilities.NPCMountUtility.generateMounts (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Pawn>&,RimWorld.IncidentParms,int,int,int,int,int) <0x0018b>
at Battlemounts.Utilities.EnemyMountUtility.mountAnimals (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Pawn>&,RimWorld.IncidentParms) <0x0010a>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Ambush.DoExecute_Patch0 (object,RimWorld.IncidentParms) <0x00258>
at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Ambush/<TryExecuteWorker>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 () <0x00018>
at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent (bool&) <0x0004e>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

How to reproduce: Well, my caravan got ambushed by manhunting elks. I guess Giddy-Up was trying to make Elks ride Elks into battle but realised that'd be too awesome and decided not to.

Roolo

Update! Mostly bug fixes

Giddy-up! Core -> 18.7.4
- Imprisoned enemy pawns no longer continuously try to ride the animal they were riding before
- Fixed exception being thrown when a manhunter ambush occurs.
- Saves that are corrupted because jobs are missing are now sanitized automatically.
- Updated German translations.

Giddy-up! Ride and Roll -> 18.1.3
- Fixed forced riding not working when target job cannot be done mounted
- Fixed pawn getting stuck if animal waiting for pawn is dead.
- Pawns will now ride to medicine before starting the tending job.
- Added German translations (by RoffelChen).

Giddy-up! Caravan -> v18.3.2
- Visitors can no longer attempt to mount when imprisoned.
- Updated German and Chinese translations.

Giddy-up! Battle Mounts -> v18.7.1
- Updated German and Chinese translations

@Menhi, thanks for reporting again! I was debugging while you posted, so fixed it immediately along the way.

BlueWinds

I believe something's wrong with the latest Core release, related to "Imprisoned enemy pawns no longer continuously try to ride the animal they were riding before".

https://git.io/vxBsp (Appologies for all the mechanoid error spam in there, hadn't opened dev mode in a long time. It's the TakeWoundedPrisonerToBed error I'm reporting on)

I've captured pawns in this save before, no problem - only change since then was to update the Giddy-up! quartet to your latest release.

Roolo

Quote from: BlueWinds on March 23, 2018, 07:33:25 PM
I believe something's wrong with the latest Core release, related to "Imprisoned enemy pawns no longer continuously try to ride the animal they were riding before".

https://git.io/vxBsp (Appologies for all the mechanoid error spam in there, hadn't opened dev mode in a long time. It's the TakeWoundedPrisonerToBed error I'm reporting on)

I've captured pawns in this save before, no problem - only change since then was to update the Giddy-up! quartet to your latest release.

Thanks for reporting. I just re-uploaded the core mod. Could you check if it works now?

Roolo

I got some error reports about the last update. I don't have time right now to look into them thoroughly, so I suggest waiting with downloading the update. I'll keep you up to date.

Edit: Tis is now resolved. The latest updates should work fine.

Vlad0mi3r

Working fine for me as of when I posted this.

Not using Ride and roll though.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Roolo

Update:

Giddy-up! Ride and Roll -> 18.1.5
- Fixed issue that caused pawns to get stuck when rideable animals are sold. 

Note: there was also an update on march the 14th, so check out the patch notes a few posts back.

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on March 24, 2018, 07:54:03 AM
Working fine for me as of when I posted this.

Not using Ride and roll though.

Yes I updated the Giddy-up! Core file immediately after I received feedback that it caused issues, but I didn't have time to properly test my fix yesterday night. I can now confirm that it works fine. So everyone is free to download the latest updates (and it's recommended to do so, since they make the game more stable).

coldcell

Thanks for the mod. Might want to edit the title so everyone knows the last update date  :)

Roolo

Quote from: coldcell on March 24, 2018, 11:04:47 AM
Thanks for the mod. Might want to edit the title so everyone knows the last update date  :)

Thanks. Updated it now

coldcell

Is it possible to configure mountable animals for Battle Mounts only? A list that is different than Core.

For example my Husky isn't the most battle-worthy mount-able animal, but when there's raid my colonist rides my Husky and it takes unnecessary damage. If I take it out of Core, then the Husky wouldn't be mounted for other purposes like Ride & Roll.

Thanks!

Roolo

Quote from: coldcell on March 26, 2018, 08:18:04 AM
Is it possible to configure mountable animals for Battle Mounts only? A list that is different than Core.

For example my Husky isn't the most battle-worthy mount-able animal, but when there's raid my colonist rides my Husky and it takes unnecessary damage. If I take it out of Core, then the Husky wouldn't be mounted for other purposes like Ride & Roll.

Thanks!

But in that case you can just order the husky rider to dismount before going into battle, right?

For other reasons I can image a separate list for battle mounts would make sense. For instance if you don't want enemy pawns to ride huskies (or other specific animals) into battle. Of course this adds flexibility, but it would also make the settings more bloated and complicated, and moreover, harder to maintain for me. So unless I get a lot of player feedback about this (which i didn't get any until this point), I wouldn't mind keeping it simple as it is for the time being.