[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DooMJake

I had an animal disappear.
One of my soldiers was to enter a droppod and he chose to ride and roll there. He entered and the animal was gone. I thought it joined him in the pod but after the touchdown only the soldier exited. The animal is in none of my lists and I couldn't find it again.
Could the problem be from your end or was it another mod?
For reference: the pod and launcher are unmodded, but I use plenty of other mods, too.

Roolo

Quote from: DooMJake on March 27, 2018, 01:41:33 PM
I had an animal disappear.
One of my soldiers was to enter a droppod and he chose to ride and roll there. He entered and the animal was gone. I thought it joined him in the pod but after the touchdown only the soldier exited. The animal is in none of my lists and I couldn't find it again.
Could the problem be from your end or was it another mod?
For reference: the pod and launcher are unmodded, but I use plenty of other mods, too.

I'd have to check that. If it's on my end I'll upload a fix in the next update. I cannot bring back your animal pall unfortunately. I suggest spawning a new one with the Dev tools. With God mod you can then set the training level to be the same as it was before.

DooMJake

I was lucky enough that I had an autosave just before that so no problem

The Real Soviet

Hey, somebody can help me with this?
When i turn on the Giddy-up! Core in Debug Log appears messages like this:

'Could not find a type named GiddyUpCore.Jobs.JobsDriver_Mounted'

'XML error: <drawFront>true</drawFront> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties'

'Could not find type named GiddyUpCore.CompProperties_Mount from node <li Class="GiddyUpCore.CompProperties_Mount"><isException>true</isException></li>

ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly GiddyUpCore: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded. at (wrapper managet-to-native) System.Reflection.Assemblv:GetTypes (bool)

These are just a few examples. There are 18 messages in my Debug Log about this mod. I hope for a quick answer. Regards  :D

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: The Real Soviet on March 28, 2018, 04:47:16 PM

'XML error: <drawFront>true</drawFront> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties'

'Could not find type named GiddyUpCore.CompProperties_Mount from node <li Class="GiddyUpCore.CompProperties_Mount"><isException>true</isException></li>

ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly GiddyUpCore: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded. at (wrapper managet-to-native) System.Reflection.Assemblv:GetTypes (bool)

These are just a few examples. There are 18 messages in my Debug Log about this mod. I hope for a quick answer. Regards  :D

Make sure you have the correct load order for the mods.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Roolo

Vlad0mi3r is right. You clearly loaded a Giddy-up! submod before loading Giddy up! Core. So just make sure core loads first and you'll be fine.

The Real Soviet

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on March 28, 2018, 05:58:59 PM
Quote from: The Real Soviet on March 28, 2018, 04:47:16 PM

Make sure you have the correct load order for the mods.

I don't know why, but these errors appears always, when i turn on this mod, no matter if the other mods was loaded correctly,or not.  :'(

Vlad0mi3r

Can you give us your mod list?

Do you have Hugslib at the top of your list?
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

ertzuiop

I get error, too.
Loading this after Core and Hugslib at top of modlist.

Roolo

Quote from: ertzuiop on March 29, 2018, 11:06:31 AM
I get error, too.
Loading this after Core and Hugslib at top of modlist.

Hmm, odd, can you go in game, press ctrl+f12 and share the log here?

The Real Soviet

Ehmm... I am new on ludeon Forums and i dont know how to share pictures here. Can you say how can i do it?

Roolo

Quote from: The Real Soviet on March 29, 2018, 01:13:06 PM
Ehmm... I am new on ludeon Forums and i dont know how to share pictures here. Can you say how can i do it?
No need to share a picture. You can just press ctrl+f12 ingame and share the link that pops up then here. The log the link points to will also contain your mod list

Roolo

Quote from: ertzuiop on March 29, 2018, 12:05:24 PM
Of course, here you go
https://git.io/vxwlP

I looked trough the log, but there were no errors related to giddy-up, and also the error posted by The Real Soviet, wasn't there. So I don't know why you think Giddy-up causes problems similar to the one The Real Soviet has.

s44yuritch

A feature that might be a bug: if you have active colonists at all times (night owls, for example), then animals might be ridden to the brink of exhaustion. Happened to my timber wolf - when he finally got to sleep, I had the 'animal starvation' message. Turned out the wolf was used by the builder and miner in turns, both of whom went across the map to do their jobs. The wolf apparently had no chance to eat or rest during that, and both rest and food need bars were almost at 0.

Maybe the animals with low levels in either should not be picked for riding to job?