[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

temple_wing

I suggest reserve megasloth and thrumbo for faction boss only.
Together with combatExtended, megasloth and thrumbo is reeeeeeally powerful.  One who can mount it, will probably powerful enough to become faction leader.

What about to always unlock pack animal's pack ability?
Just like we already can in caravan generated map. It will greatly improve hauling efficiency.

Canute

Do you realy think a leader need to be powerful, that maybe be truth for a tribe but other factions ?
Just check our world-leader's do you think anyone of them is powerful ? :-)

temple_wing

Pawn other than faction leader is unlikely to be able to have a magasloth or thrumbo  ( although possible ).
Pawn who being faction leader is likely to be able to have a magasloth or thrumbo.

And since this change weaken the raids, what about, if faction leader comes to the raid, give him a high chance to mount a magasloth or thrumbo?

Roolo

Quote from: temple_wing on April 04, 2018, 02:46:32 AM
I suggest reserve megasloth and thrumbo for faction boss only.
Together with combatExtended, megasloth and thrumbo is reeeeeeally powerful.  One who can mount it, will probably powerful enough to become faction leader.

What about to always unlock pack animal's pack ability?
Just like we already can in caravan generated map. It will greatly improve hauling efficiency.

1. I like your first suggestion. I'd make it a bit more general though, so I could make faction leaders use rarer mounts (these include Thrumbo's but it'll also apply for other mods that add rare mounts like Megafauna). I may implement this in the future, but there are some more pressing things I want to do first.

2. As for your second suggestion, you cannot simply "unlock" the packing ability of animals. It would be a huge effort to get animal packing working nicely. New AI dealing with the new possibilities has to be written, and a lot of logic has to be added that determines when packing makes sense. I would like to implement this at some point though, but it will be an entirely new mod, separate from the series (I would make it play nicely with Ride and Roll though).

Quote from: Canute on April 04, 2018, 04:48:09 AM
Do you realy think a leader need to be powerful, that maybe be truth for a tribe but other factions ?
Just check our world-leader's do you think anyone of them is powerful ? :-)

Haha, I agree, but I think there's one person who disagrees with you, namely Putin himself ^^

temple_wing

The mod "PickupAndHaul" is very similar, maybe useful .
Together with "PickupAndHaul","Ride and Roll" mod and packing ability unlocked, the only gap left, should be transfer item from human's inventory  to mounted animal's inventory.

PS: I'm wrong. It's not "hand me that brick", it's "pick up and haul".

kubolek01

Having a tough mount when a rider is like from glass... ridiculous. But come on, I have a "Starters Cavalry" and they still fall faster even with 50-70% armor percentage!
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Jernfalk

Quote from: kubolek01 on April 05, 2018, 03:14:58 AM
Having a tough mount when a rider is like from glass... ridiculous. But come on, I have a "Starters Cavalry" and they still fall faster even with 50-70% armor percentage!
Shoot a man in a horse, he falls. Gravity at it's finest.

temple_wing

What about to introduce "elite caravan", which is tribal AI's purely mounted caravan? Carrying more goods, taking more money, more guards, slaves, animals.

After we have Giddy-up mod, tribal AI should be more powerful, and more useful to the player now. They are better in getting mounted animal, which will benefit them in many ways.

Roolo

Quote from: temple_wing on April 05, 2018, 12:13:11 PM
What about to introduce "elite caravan", which is tribal AI's purely mounted caravan? Carrying more goods, taking more money, more guards, slaves, animals.

After we have Giddy-up mod, tribal AI should be more powerful, and more useful to the player now. They are better in getting mounted animal, which will benefit them in many ways.

Good idea. More enemy variety is always nice. I'll think about it.

Roolo

More updates: More polishing, and also more patching possibilities for other modders!

Giddy-up! Core -> v18.7.6
- Added patching possibilities so modders can set a custom drawing offset for pawns animals.
- Added patching possibilities so modders can allow mounting for animals not in their final life stage.
- Fixed issue involving pawns dismounting when leaving map after an encounter, leaving the animals behind.
- Added Polish translations (by Lano)

Instructions on how to patch Giddy-up! are on the GitHub page of Giddy-up! Core. My thanks go to Jecrell for suggesting these patching possibilities and testing them!

Giddy-up! Ride and Roll -> v18.1.7
- Pawns won't auto-mount animals that are wounded, or that are very hungry or very tired anymore.
- When starting a job involving doing a bill, pawns now ride to the first ingredient (if any) instead of riding to the work place first.
- When doing a refueling job, pawns rides to the fuel, instead of riding to the thing that needs to be fueled first.
- Fixed seemingly harmless error that popped up when a caravan with animal returns home.

Giddy-up! Battle Mounts -> v18.7.2
- Added Polish translations (By Lano)

s44yuritch

Apparently one of my colonists rides a wild megasloth.
I set the beast to be tamed, and after some time found the handler riding it around, with the sloth still NOT being tamed. (the megasloth also has his rest meter at 0 all the time, might be related somehow).

Canute

s44yuritch,
do you got maybe some errors ? Then please an error log, best would be a hugslib log that include the modlist (press Ctrl+F12).

s44yuritch

Well, there are a few errors in my log, none of which seem to be related to GiddyUp (and a few errors are kind of expected with the number of mods I run at once).

Also, Ctrl+F12 gives "Upload error: Error getting responce stream (Write: the authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure".

Wild megasloth is not a major issue anyway.

Canute

QuoteAlso, Ctrl+F12 gives "Upload error: Error getting responce stream (Write: the authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure".
That show me, that at last hugslib isn't updated.

You should maybe look if other mod's got updates too.

QuoteWell, there are a few errors in my log, none of which seem to be related to GiddyUp
Rimworld, special with many mod are a complex enviroment. Even when these error's don't give a hint to giddy up, you should show them to the author.
Maybe he see something that can help him to track down the issue.

s44yuritch

I'm using the Steam version of the game, and most of the mods (including HugsLib) come from the workshop. They update automatically.

Edit: thank you, that was it! My HugsLib was 4.0.1 and the workshop page link for it said "Item deleted" (or something). So I removed that and re-added HugsLib from the workshop, which is now v4.1.1. Will see how it goes.