[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

projectew

I'd like to report a behavior which I'm not sure if it's a bug with Giddy-Up, or, more likely, an incompatibility with one of the following: Achtung!, Hand Me That Brick, or Pick Up and Haul (at least I'd guess it's one of these).

When mounted, my colonists' work time could be 10x faster if they didn't dismount to pick up items to haul. I've tried drafting the colonist, mounting, then manually prioritizing several hauling jobs. They always ride over, but dismount to pick up the items. Is this a reported incompatibility, or am I just doing something wrong?

Roolo

Quote from: projectew on June 28, 2018, 07:56:25 PM
I'd like to report a behavior which I'm not sure if it's a bug with Giddy-Up, or, more likely, an incompatibility with one of the following: Achtung!, Hand Me That Brick, or Pick Up and Haul (at least I'd guess it's one of these).

When mounted, my colonists' work time could be 10x faster if they didn't dismount to pick up items to haul. I've tried drafting the colonist, mounting, then manually prioritizing several hauling jobs. They always ride over, but dismount to pick up the items. Is this a reported incompatibility, or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks for reporting.

Some questions:
- Is this in Rimworld 1.0?
- Do they never ride while hauling, or do they sometimes do?

Either way, they should be able to haul while riding, but in very specific situations involving no mount zones, they shouldn't. So it's likely a mod conflict (if they never actually do it). I'll take a look at it.

projectew

No, still on B18. I've never seen them haul while mounted, despite several attempts at different times to manually order a haul after draft-mounting them. They do rescue while mounted, provided they're drafted.

Lethe

Try disabling Achtung. I'm running Hand Me That Brick, Pick Up and Haul and While You're Up and I'm pretty certain I caught them hauling additional things without dismounting. B18. What order do you have everything loading in? For me I'm loading Giddy up last.

Anywho, I came to ask you @Roolo if the mount movement speed is bonus % on top of a colonists movement speed or if the animal speed (+/-animal handing skill) replaces the colonist movement speed completely while riding. My apologizes if someone asked this question already. I ask because I can't tell some are my pawns are moving any faster since I have a few mods that can bump up a pawns movement (certain Infusion stat bonus, fashion rimsta cargo shorts, I'm not using any yet, but pretty sure EPOE has prosthetics that can boost movement). Would those bonuses stack? Can pawns detect if the mount would be slower than walking and choose to walk in that scenario?

Yeah, I suppose if one had those other speed buffs one wouldn't necessary need Giddy-up ride and roll, but...your mod does look waaaay cooler. lol

Same question on Giddy-up Caravans. Which things, if any, will stack with animal mount buff?

Sweet mod and great work! I'm smiling and laughing a lot when I see my pawns ride a bear around.

Roolo

Quote from: Lethe on June 29, 2018, 03:33:26 PM

Try disabling Achtung. I'm running Hand Me That Brick, Pick Up and Haul and While You're Up and I'm pretty certain I caught them hauling additional things without dismounting. B18. What order do you have everything loading in? For me I'm loading Giddy up last.

Anywho, I came to ask you @Roolo if the mount movement speed is bonus % on top of a colonists movement speed or if the animal speed (+/-animal handing skill) replaces the colonist movement speed completely while riding. My apologizes if someone asked this question already. I ask because I can't tell some are my pawns are moving any faster since I have a few mods that can bump up a pawns movement (certain Infusion stat bonus, fashion rimsta cargo shorts, I'm not using any yet, but pretty sure EPOE has prosthetics that can boost movement). Would those bonuses stack? Can pawns detect if the mount would be slower than walking and choose to walk in that scenario?

Yeah, I suppose if one had those other speed buffs one wouldn't necessary need Giddy-up ride and roll, but...your mod does look waaaay cooler. lol

Same question on Giddy-up Caravans. Which things, if any, will stack with animal mount buff?

Sweet mod and great work! I'm smiling and laughing a lot when I see my pawns ride a bear around.

The animal speed replaces the pawn speed. However, a per level speed bonus depending on animal handling is applied for each level a pawn is above the level needed to tame the animal. If the handling level is below this, it's a per level penalty instead. How high this bonus/penalty is, is configurable in the mod options. When pawns mount automatically with Ride and Roll, this should be taken into account, so they'll only mount when it helps them get to the job faster (please report if this isn't always the case).

For mounted caravanning the animals speed is also used instead of the pawn's speed. However, a high static bonus is added to the caravan when all pawns are riding (also configurable in the mod options).

So when colonists have a really high movement speed, or if the animal is slow, it doesn't always make sense to mount.

I hope this helps, and feel free to ask more questions.

devent

I like to report a bug with Giddy-Up RideAndRoll with B18.

When the mod is enabled and my paws ride to extinguish a fire, they ride there, mount down and just stand there. No fire is extinguish. The animal is also just standing. Drafting and undrafting doesn't work. Also, force other paws to extinguish the same fire tile doesn't work. Further, force the same paws (that rode the animal) to extinguish a different fire tile doesn't work either.

Grillbye

Prisoners? Don't wanna keep them? Eat them! ALL of them.

Roolo

Quote from: devent on June 30, 2018, 09:09:57 AM
I like to report a bug with Giddy-Up RideAndRoll with B18.

When the mod is enabled and my paws ride to extinguish a fire, they ride there, mount down and just stand there. No fire is extinguish. The animal is also just standing. Drafting and undrafting doesn't work. Also, force other paws to extinguish the same fire tile doesn't work. Further, force the same paws (that rode the animal) to extinguish a different fire tile doesn't work either.

Thanks for reporting. I'll make sure it's fixed in 1.0. I might push one last B18 bugfix update out if I have the time, but it won't have my priority anymore since 1.0 is approaching and my time is better spent on that.

Canute

You know people are still playing A17 ? And i bet many people will play B18 for a longer time too, even when i can't understand why (maybe they don't like the combat changes).

Roolo

Quote from: Canute on June 30, 2018, 11:00:28 AM
You know people are still playing A17 ? And i bet many people will play B18 for a longer time too, even when i can't understand why (maybe they don't like the combat changes).

Yeah sure. I wouldn't even be surprised if there's still someone out there playing alpha 10 :) 

Inacio

Why can't you maintain 10 versions of the mod up to date? Are you lazy or something?

Canute

Why can't you learn to mod and maintain the needed version by yourself ?
Are you lazy or something ? :-))

l159328

Can't mount my animals for some reason, I think something broke hugs:

Exception in SetupToils for pawn Lester driver=JobDriver_Mount (toilIndex=-1) driver.job=(Mount (Job_793) A=Thing_Rhinoceros26798) lastJobGiver=Verse.AI.ThinkNode_QueuedJob
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Verse.AI.Toils_General.Wait'.
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver.SetupToils_Patch1 (object) <IL 0x00060, 0x000c3>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobUtility.cs:22)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:SetupToils_Patch1(Object)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob_Patch1(Object, Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef, Nullable`1, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:519)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:391)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:EndJobWith(JobCondition) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:477)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryTakeOrderedJob(Job, JobTag) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:845)
GiddyUpCore.Utilities.<>c__DisplayClass0_0:<AddMountingOptions>b__0()
Verse.FloatMenuOption:Chosen(Boolean, FloatMenu) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenuOption.cs:171)
Verse.FloatMenuOption:DoGUI(Rect, Boolean, FloatMenu) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenuOption.cs:258)
Verse.FloatMenu:DoWindowContents(Rect) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenu.cs:311)
Verse.FloatMenuMap:DoWindowContents(Rect) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenuMap.cs:55)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\Window.cs:202)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\IMGUI\Managed\GUI.cs:1817)

Roolo

Update:
Giddy-up! Core -> 1.0.2
- Fixed MissingMethodException that was thrown when letting a pawn mount with the right click menu, making it impossible to manually mount. This bug was introduced in Rimworld 1.0.1951

Quote from: l159328 on July 01, 2018, 07:34:25 PM
Can't mount my animals for some reason, I think something broke hugs:

Exception in SetupToils for pawn Lester driver=JobDriver_Mount (toilIndex=-1) driver.job=(Mount (Job_793) A=Thing_Rhinoceros26798) lastJobGiver=Verse.AI.ThinkNode_QueuedJob
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Verse.AI.Toils_General.Wait'.
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver.SetupToils_Patch1 (object) <IL 0x00060, 0x000c3>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobUtility.cs:22)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:SetupToils_Patch1(Object)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob_Patch1(Object, Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef, Nullable`1, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:519)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:391)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:EndJobWith(JobCondition) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:477)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryTakeOrderedJob(Job, JobTag) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:845)
GiddyUpCore.Utilities.<>c__DisplayClass0_0:<AddMountingOptions>b__0()
Verse.FloatMenuOption:Chosen(Boolean, FloatMenu) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenuOption.cs:171)
Verse.FloatMenuOption:DoGUI(Rect, Boolean, FloatMenu) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenuOption.cs:258)
Verse.FloatMenu:DoWindowContents(Rect) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenu.cs:311)
Verse.FloatMenuMap:DoWindowContents(Rect) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenuMap.cs:55)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\Window.cs:202)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\IMGUI\Managed\GUI.cs:1817)

This fixes your issue. Thanks for reporting it! The problem was caused by something that changed in the latest unstable build of Rimworld. "unstable" really is unstable this time.

Roolo

Teaser for next Giddy-up! mod called Giddy-up! Battle Mechs:

Version with sound and better quality:
https://youtu.be/kkqXQTo1PFQ

It'll depend on What The Hack, which is currently a work in progress, and will be released when Rimworld 1.0 releases.