[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

Quote from: Kori on January 22, 2019, 05:24:02 PM
Quote from: Roolo on January 22, 2019, 03:00:46 PM
- Mounted hunting is no longer turned off by default for Combat Extended.

They work fine together now?
Yes! NoImageAvailable adjusted the hit detection for better compatibility.

LezHuarez

Hi. I really like the mod set, and I have installed all of them in a playthrough even the mechanoid mounts. They all work fine and dandy but, enemy raids don't seem they spawn with mounted animals  or mechs at all.
So I'm currently fiddling around with the mod set, and I asking if there is suppose to be a specific mod arrangement to all of these?

Roolo

Quote from: LezHuarez on January 27, 2019, 08:22:18 AM
Hi. I really like the mod set, and I have installed all of them in a playthrough even the mechanoid mounts. They all work fine and dandy but, enemy raids don't seem they spawn with mounted animals  or mechs at all.
So I'm currently fiddling around with the mod set, and I asking if there is suppose to be a specific mod arrangement to all of these?

By default, there's a 40% chance a given tribal pawn spawns with a mount, and a 20% chance a non-tribal pawn spawns with a mount. How many raids did you get? If it's not too many, there's a small chance you just had bad luck. It's easy to test though. You can set the chances to 100% in the options, and see if any pawns show up with mounts (you can also spawn in raids with the dev tool to test quicker). If they don't, it has to be some mod conflict. In that case, please share your log by pressing ctrl+f12 after a raid spawns in, and place the link you'll get here.

LezHuarez

Quote from: Roolo on January 27, 2019, 10:40:19 AM
Quote from: LezHuarez on January 27, 2019, 08:22:18 AM

By default, there's a 40% chance a given tribal pawn spawns with a mount, and a 20% chance a non-tribal pawn spawns with a mount. How many raids did you get? If it's not too many, there's a small chance you just had bad luck. It's easy to test though. You can set the chances to 100% in the options, and see if any pawns show up with mounts (you can also spawn in raids with the dev tool to test quicker). If they don't, it has to be some mod conflict. In that case, please share your log by pressing ctrl+f12 after a raid spawns in, and place the link you'll get here.
So after some testing. I found that the mod that was causing enemies to spawn with mounts was the Sometimes raids go wrong mod. Even when I set the spawn chances to 100, enemies never spawn with mounts.

Trentennisfigati

Hello, I wish someone could make a Facial Stuff compatibility patch?

SargBjornson

I was wondering, would there be any way to modify the creature's graphics to add a saddle? I suppose you have already thought about the feasibility of this

Call me Arty

I only recently started using the series after not using it for some reason for a while. I'm rather enjoying it! It's good to have a method of transportation for injured pawns, and some more way to manage weight in my caravans. It also helps buff raids a bit without a need for bullet-spongey overpowered units.

I'm bringing it up with the other mod author too, I just wanted you to know that there's a weird interaction between Giddy-up! and Wild Animal Sex where some critters may try to . . . eh . . . "run train" on the raider's mount.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Roolo

Quote from: SargBjornson on February 12, 2019, 09:11:51 AM
I was wondering, would there be any way to modify the creature's graphics to add a saddle? I suppose you have already thought about the feasibility of this

In my mod I added some functionality that allows other modders to place overlay images on mounted animals. I use it myself to overlay antlers of for instance the caribou on top of pawns. This system can also be used to draw saddles or other things on mounts, and the drawing offset of the overlay is completely configurable for each viewing direction (north, south, etc.). You can read more about it at the readme on GitHub:
https://github.com/rheirman/GiddyUpCore
Below the header: "Using overlay textures to make some mounts look good."

Another way to add saddles is with the "Animal Gear" mod, which works great in combination with Giddy-up:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1541438907

The reason I didn't include any saddles in Giddy-up itself is because I don't like the overhead of creating a saddle for each specific animal, and I also don't like the fact that it wouldn't work for modded animals (unless every modder makes a patch).

Quote from: Call me Arty on February 12, 2019, 02:45:25 PM
I only recently started using the series after not using it for some reason for a while. I'm rather enjoying it! It's good to have a method of transportation for injured pawns, and some more way to manage weight in my caravans. It also helps buff raids a bit without a need for bullet-spongey overpowered units.

I'm bringing it up with the other mod author too, I just wanted you to know that there's a weird interaction between Giddy-up! and Wild Animal Sex where some critters may try to . . . eh . . . "run train" on the raider's mount.

I'm glad you like it! Thanks for reporting. It's not the highest priority issue, but maybe one day I'll find some time teach those animals some manners ;) (by fixing the issue).

SargBjornson

You really did think of everything... Welp, I'll have to add some saddles as soon as I finish the everything I'm working on

SargBjornson

lil question though: what is the body size requirement for mounting? I'm definitely not drawing tiny saddles for chickens ;)

Roolo

Quote from: SargBjornson on February 13, 2019, 10:46:52 AM
lil question though: what is the body size requirement for mounting? I'm definitely not drawing tiny saddles for chickens ;)

The default minimum body size is 0.8. However, you can tweak it or make exceptions for any animal in the mod settings.

vandal

Quote from: Trentennisfigati on February 01, 2019, 08:55:01 PM
it just says the incompatibility is visual, is it that much of a problem? I dont recall it being bad back in b18. Maybe try killface on his steam page?

Roolo

Quote from: vandal on February 15, 2019, 05:38:24 AM
Quote from: Trentennisfigati on February 01, 2019, 08:55:01 PM
it just says the incompatibility is visual, is it that much of a problem? I dont recall it being bad back in b18. Maybe try killface on his steam page?

It has become worse since B18. I changed the way how the drawing offset between the rider and the mount are determined to a better system. Previously I patched all things that need to be offset explicitly, for instance the drawing offset for guns, the bullet trajectory, and the drawing offset for equipment visuals like shield belts. This system wasn't very good, because it required a separate patch for any thing that is drawn relative to a rider. This was problematic for any mod that adds things that are drawn relative to the rider. Now I use a system that changes the root position of the rider instead, which makes more sense. However, apparently Facial Stuff completely overwrites this root position (which doesn't seem compatibility friendly to me). For the old system this wasn't a problem, but for the new system it is. I can contact the creator of Facial Stuff about this, but I doubt it'll change. An alternative is that a make a separate patch for Facial Stuff, but I don't have time for that right now.

SargBjornson

Ok, I'm adding ALL THE SADDLES, and I found a problem: when adding an offset to the saddle graphic, the offset isn't mirrored when the mount changes from east to west, so it looks OK when going east, but terrible otherwise.

Roolo

Quote from: SargBjornson on February 19, 2019, 04:28:07 AM
Ok, I'm adding ALL THE SADDLES, and I found a problem: when adding an offset to the saddle graphic, the offset isn't mirrored when the mount changes from east to west, so it looks OK when going east, but terrible otherwise.

That's really cool that you're doing that! I'll take a look at the offsets. I can probably work on that this weekend. Will that work for you?