[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfsilver00

Quote from: JT on July 03, 2019, 09:53:09 AM

Although Giddy-Up is deeper in the call stack, the cause of the crash is Cleaning Priority (or whichever other Harmony mod is patching the Verse.Area), which does not seem prepared to handle the area designations it doesn't recognise.

Since the source code for Cleaning Priority seems to be trying to catch null keys, Cleaning Priority will need to add some debugging information to decipher what exactly is occurring before it can be fixed.  Giddy-Up, being so much higher up the call stack, can't do much to solve this problem.

In the meantime, you can call it a straight incompatibility with Cleaning Priority. =)

Thank you kindly for this info, I guess im dropping cleaning priority then, because putting no riding zones 1 square at a time is driving me nuts and is going to break my mouse

Sonsalt

Would it be possible to add the corresponding slot as a patch?

Looks funny when the shields and backpacks are above the head when riding :P

Roolo

Quote from: Sonsalt on July 07, 2019, 03:04:03 PM

Would it be possible to add the corresponding slot as a patch?

Looks funny when the shields and backpacks are above the head when riding :P

Are you using the latest version of Giddy-up? I'm surprised that happens, since within Giddy-up no code can cause that to happen, unless you're using an old version. It could be that the mod that you're using includes deprecated patches for Giddy-up. What mod adds those backpacks and shields?

Sonsalt

@roolo

Thanks for your quick response,
Yes I am using all the latest versions of your mods.
The shields etc are from https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12996.0 [1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Other users who use both mods have the same issue.

Canute

Sonsalt,
maybe you didn't notice, HCSK isn't a mod, it is a unique modpack.
Many mod's that change the vanilla behavior like giddyup got problem's with that modpack.
It isn't recommend to use other mod's together with that modpack anyway.
But you can try to move all giddyup mod's at the end of the modlist and/or at the beginning and check if that helps.
But if not, you need to ask the HCSK dev team if they integrate the Giddy up series into their modpack (if Roolo that allow).

wolfsilver00

Is there any way to block certain colonists from riding? I have some colonists that mess around the base and some others that actually go out, and more often than not, I find my long traveling colonists on foot because one lazy dumb fuck decided to mount one of my 2 mounts to bring something to a stockpile.. Is there anyway to say 'this colonist is not allowed to mount anything unless drafted or directly commanded to" ?

BladeOfSharpness

I believe there are still issues with backpacks and such (CE, Apparello, FashionRIMsta if it matters)

Canute

You sure that isn't a new feature ?

Roolo

I'll look into that CE apparel drawing issue. It's a bit surprising to me that this happens, since in my mod I just offset the position of the rider, and everything else should be offsetted relative to that modified position. This used to work differently in the past, so it could be that some mods still take into account how it used to work, adding an extra offset.

Quote from: wolfsilver00 on July 08, 2019, 03:20:05 PM
Is there any way to block certain colonists from riding? I have some colonists that mess around the base and some others that actually go out, and more often than not, I find my long traveling colonists on foot because one lazy dumb fuck decided to mount one of my 2 mounts to bring something to a stockpile.. Is there anyway to say 'this colonist is not allowed to mount anything unless drafted or directly commanded to" ?

Not directly, but in the animals tab you can set animals to be "only mountable by their master", or "mountable by anyone". Maybe that helps. I might add in another option to restrict what colonists can mount animals in the future if it's not too much of a hassle.

BladeOfSharpness

Thanks Roolo.

As for restricting riding, yes, that's a bit of an issue sometime, even if 'only to master' helps. Ideally there would be a group of colonists who are not allowed to ride perhaps?

Canute

I think you should made a no riding zone inside your base.
Made your pawn's with a high chance to go outside to master for an animal, and the animal for Master use only. So noone take his ride away.

wolfsilver00

Thanks roolo, I hope you can add the feature :D

As for the zoning and restricting to masters, I have like 15 colonists, 5 of them are slaves and I wish they did not ride at all, because of shackles overriding the mount speed and also because if they try to escape, animals mounted by them flee in panic..  and only 4 animals are faster than colonists to be used as mounts... So if I only put 4 ppl as masters, then I have the rest walking, even if those 4 are just sleeping or something like that, its not efficient at all.. I think for now my only option is to divide my base into 3  zones, make 2 animals into one, 2 into others and leave slaves in the third.. I will basically have to duplicate amenities and stuff.. but its the only thing I can think off, and it's still pretty fucking inefficient xD Ill wait for an update to have this or I will just cheat some animals in, cause it's getting annoying xD

BladeOfSharpness

Sigh.

And I tried tweaking the value, but no. Is it that hard to forbid using a mount if distance from it is superior to X or distance from first task inferior to Y? That would solve 99% of the issues.

Canute

Try to experiment a bit with the mod options.
The distance of the mount is larger then the 16 on the default settings.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Roolo

Quote from: BladeOfSharpness on July 16, 2019, 05:10:46 AM
Sigh.

And I tried tweaking the value, but no. Is it that hard to forbid using a mount if distance from it is superior to X or distance from first task inferior to Y? That would solve 99% of the issues.

Such a distance check exists. But jobs are very generic. Each job as a TargetA, TargetB and a TargetC, and the game really isn't consistent with what these targets are (TargetA can be the first job target, the target that is interacted with, the second job target, it can really be anything). Due to this, it could be that with the mortar job, it's actually using the distance to the target it's aiming at, instead of the distance to the mortar.  I'll check it out. This shouldn't happen for other jobs, but let me know if it does.