[B18] SF Mods 2018 REEEEEEE more mods

Started by Shotgunfrenzy, December 01, 2017, 10:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgunfrenzy

Quote from: MarvinKosh on January 18, 2018, 03:19:55 PM
The oil lamp's fuel efficiency is a bit wacked. When filled, it gives about two days of light. But a chemfuel generator can run over twice as long on 20 units of fuel.

Thanks Marv
Yeah I original had it at 5 and a few people said it was too little

Canute

Just tell them to do some math.
A chemfuel generator give 1500 W enough for 20 standard lamps with 75W.
And with 20 chemfuel it rins 5 days.

Sure a burning lamp isn't that effectiv like a generator, but 1 lamp 1 chemfuel for 5 days should do it.

Shotgunfrenzy

Yeah I updated the download back to 5 chemfuel for two days, of anyone disagrees with that it takes all of 20 seconds to change the xml :)

RemingtonRyder

The oil lanterns also have a smaller light radius. Not that I mind, it's perfect for illuminating a small room or the dark places where miners work. But it's something I took into account when I tinkered with the fuel usage rate. :)

Shotgunfrenzy

4/2/2018

Mod added:
Simple underground conduit

5/2/2018
Mod added:
Craftable serums

Harry_Dicks

Mister Shotgun Frenzy, I was wondering if you could please elaborate on how your faceplates work with hats? Is this because in the defs the faceplates covere eyes and teeth? I haven't tried it yet, but do you know if your faceplates work with hoods, for example the ones from Rim of Madness---Cults? Do they only work with gear that goes on the top of the head, but not over the full head?

Anyway, I was curious if you could answer any of that for me, because I've been thinking about expanding on your mod for myself. I would like to have some sort of cool and interesting demon/cultist/whatever masks to wear under my hoods. I'm thinking if your masks don't work with things that are full head, and only top of head, I will need to do some modifications to hoods. I suppose I could make hoods only top of head in the defs, like a hat, and then I could still use them and your faceplates, correct?

I think that there's a lot of potential with faceplates, just browsing through "masks" on something like Pinterest for ideas, there is a ton of really, really cool looking masks that I think would be awesome to have in the game. I need to work on my art skills, though. I'm thinking I could probably use something public to make a frontal mask not too hard, but I'm not sure about how I would make the side look decent. But maybe with the right hood graphic, I won't even need to have a side view! Hmmm, might have to give some a try later on ;)

Kori

A very good collection of useful mods, thank you!

Harry_Dicks

Maybe if possible, I was thinking of how I could use the stuff from "Animal Ears" like a faceplate. That way, my cultists could have the ibex ram horns, or deer antlers, or a thrumbo horn coming off of their heads, even with a hood on! I'll just edit the hood defs as well if I need to. Just imagine these "ears" posted below with whatever headgear you wanted, with or without the cults mod. I think this will be an awesome aesthetic. Also, bonus points that you can have the animal "ears" as whatever color you want them! Damn, this is sounding more awesome the more I think about it ;D I think I will work on this today, at least give it a shot.

If your mod is working the way I think it is, then I think I will only make hoods top of head, but not things like power armor helmet, because the "ears" should probably be hidden beneath these. If I was a great artist make we could have a "power armor helmet with thrumbo horn slot" or something interesting for the different helmets and "ears". Diana Winters has something nice like this in the Orassans mod, they have little kitty ears on top of their armor helmets, how cute! :P

I have been thinking a lot about how I wanted some pawns to have horns or something cool coming off of their head. Jecrell is doing something like this with elves ears for the LotR mod. The mod Forsakens had a custom race and it's pawns had horns coming off of them. There's also this cool weaponglow comp in the bow, although it is only half finished, the spear looks really nice with it on, especially if you compare the on/off versions. Anyway, I'm thinking I can avoid any sort of anatomy/pawn addition headaches, by not having pawns with actual horns, but just have them as simply a new piece of headgear that can stack with other headgear.

Animal Ears https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37748.0

Forsakens https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1215253121

Shotgunfrenzy

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 13, 2018, 12:26:59 PM
Mister Shotgun Frenzy, I was wondering if you could please elaborate on how your faceplates work with hats? Is this because in the defs the faceplates covere eyes and teeth? I haven't tried it yet, but do you know if your faceplates work with hoods, for example the ones from Rim of Madness---Cults? Do they only work with gear that goes on the top of the head, but not over the full head?

Anyway, I was curious if you could answer any of that for me, because I've been thinking about expanding on your mod for myself. I would like to have some sort of cool and interesting demon/cultist/whatever masks to wear under my hoods. I'm thinking if your masks don't work with things that are full head, and only top of head, I will need to do some modifications to hoods. I suppose I could make hoods only top of head in the defs, like a hat, and then I could still use them and your faceplates, correct?

I think that there's a lot of potential with faceplates, just browsing through "masks" on something like Pinterest for ideas, there is a ton of really, really cool looking masks that I think would be awesome to have in the game. I need to work on my art skills, though. I'm thinking I could probably use something public to make a frontal mask not too hard, but I'm not sure about how I would make the side look decent. But maybe with the right hood graphic, I won't even need to have a side view! Hmmm, might have to give some a try later on ;)

I have no clue my dude, when b18 came out my code didn't work, so I had to get Swenzi to make a harmony patch for it to work again, basically to my knowledge it just allows two items to be equipped on the head, but at the moment there's a weird bug with the vanilla code where the game doesn't really know what to do with two head layers, so sometimes the faceplates are behind the helmet/hat and other times they are above it

Mehni

A good collection, and it just keeps getting better.

Harry_Dicks

YES! I am so excited for Orbital Trader, if it does what I think it does. Since I will just be able to call them at anytime, this will eliminate the need to requesting caravans. I don't really mind the caravans, but some situations where I'm at mid game and needing to call caravans 24/7 from all of my allies non stop to buy steel or whatever, it means that I've almost always got at least a couple trade caravans on or very soon to be on my map. I'm sure that they don't add an insane amount of lag, but when I'm already kinda near the "tipping point" of what I am willing to accept, then every little bit makes the difference. Animals will get slaughtered, and I want to kick the traders out when I'm done with them.

That might be a fun little flavor mod. If you could right click the trader on your map, and on the context menu, there would be a new entry to "dismiss trader".

Anyway, thanks so much for this! No longer need "More Trade Ships" which is nice, but I am still sitting there trying to rely on a random number, which I don't like for certain things.

Now if we could only get option to integrate Rikiki's MiningCo. Spaceships mod, and have a few different models of different "cargo/trader ships" that would fly down, land at your landing bay/docking area, and finally the ships cargo bay opens up and your goods need to be hauled on and off of the ship by your haulers manually. I just think it would help a ton with immersion. I think I made a post a week or so ago on Rikiki's thread talking about how awesome it would be if we could have that whole "unmanned spaceship" mod idea expanded upon. How awesome it would be to have automated caravan cargo ships taking resources from one colony to another. Makes me think back to Anno series, where you had your cargo ships automatically picking up and dropping off resources from one island to another. Same thing with picking up and dropping off troops.

Ahhh, I think we will have this one day, after 1.0 hits there's going to be some great stuff that gets started I'm thinking ;)

Mufflamingo

Someone pls make a bunny suit mod for the bunny ears.
Bleeeee. . . . .

CplCuddles

Quote from: Shotgunfrenzy on February 03, 2018, 10:31:11 PM
4/2/2018

Mod added:
Simple underground conduit

5/2/2018
Mod added:
Craftable serums

Simple underground conduit doesn't work. The terrainAffordanceNeed is set to Undefined, but apparently that just means it can't be placed at all. I tried to fix it, I couldn't.

The_Spare_Ace

Where is the research for the craftable mech serums? I can't find it anywhere in the tech tree.
TNW Export Company ~ Exporting crops and textiles since 5057! Come visit us at our HQ, Himmelsdorf, or request a trade ship from us.