Questions about Weapon Modding

Started by DarkSnowi, December 01, 2017, 09:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkSnowi

Hey ho,

it´s me again, but this time with high quality noob questions.

After adding a new gun to the game (which works), I now work on getting balancing and quirks right. While doing that I found the tools Tag on other vanilla guns but no info on what that actually does/is.

Also, is there any knowledge-base or reposit where I can see available and usable Tags for guns?

Edit: Does anybody know how the ticks on cooldown and warmup are calculated? ^^

kaptain_kavern

Not sure I got the question right, but this thread contains an archive with a list of XML tags used in the game

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21440.0

DarkSnowi

>this thread contains an archive with a list of XML tags used in the game

Yeah something like that, but somewhat readable and with what the tag does.

Albion

I don't know any knowledge base but the tags are mostly used for pawn generation in the PawnKindDefs. There the weapontags are used to determine with which weapons the pawn is allowed to spawn.
Snipers get the sniper tag, elite mercenaries get the elitegun and advanced tag.

Not 100% sure but it may also be used by traders but I think they only use tradetags.

Regarding what tags exist just check out the different weapons and see how they are assigned. There are not that many of them.

kaptain_kavern

Cross referencing as they said.

You take the tag value and do a search in Core\Defs for the exact value. Bam, you now have clue about where they link. It can help to understand meanings some time.

Want to know all possible value for a tag? Do a search in Core/Defs for the exact tag name (including < >). Bam you have all possibility listed.

Just some general guidance, hope it can help

Edit: in most text editors the "search in a whole folder" function is often keyed to CTRL+SHIFT+F)

DarkSnowi

Thx you two, will try this on Monday. ^^