"Shoo" animals. QOL request.

Started by Call me Arty, December 03, 2017, 02:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call me Arty

I would prefer that wild animals and caravaneers pets pack animals don't decide to sit in my in-progress food stockpile.

Simply put, have a handler tell a creature to move, and flee for a bit in a random direction, hopefully out of your walls or stockpile. Could I just shoot them? Yeah, but I don't want a dead muffalo before the freezer's set-up, and wargs don't like getting shot very much.
It would probably work a fair amount of the time, with a small chance for the "fight" response to kick in, then you have to shoot them, so the worst case scenario is now the previous only solution, oh well.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

khun_poo

I like the idea. A herd of elephant ravage my corn farm is very annoying in arid shrub. but turn them to manhunter is absolutely nightmare.

doomdrvk

Quote from: Call me Arty on December 03, 2017, 02:45:40 AM
I would prefer that wild animals and caravaneers pets pack animals don't decide to sit in my in-progress food stockpile.

Simply put, have a handler tell a creature to move, and flee for a bit in a random direction, hopefully out of your walls or stockpile. Could I just shoot them? Yeah, but I don't want a dead muffalo before the freezer's set-up, and wargs don't like getting shot very much.
It would probably work a fair amount of the time, with a small chance for the "fight" response to kick in, then you have to shoot them, so the worst case scenario is now the previous only solution, oh well.
I would say this should depend on the wildness some animals are territorial and wouldn't let one of your meager pawns try to get them to move and if you were to make an advanced towards those wild animals then they would probably attack.

Guluere

I think certain animals should run from the pawns when they go near them like monkeys and small animals and a trap is needed to catch them. And also scarecrows can be built to get rid of wild animals from eating your crops.

I also think that more control over obedient pets should be there. Like what you say, being able to "shoo" animals.

Call me Arty

Quote from: Guluere on December 04, 2017, 12:21:39 PM
I think certain animals should run from the pawns when they go near them like monkeys and small animals and a trap is needed to catch them. And also scarecrows can be built to get rid of wild animals from eating your crops.

I also think that more control over obedient pets should be there. Like what you say, being able to "shoo" animals.

Scarecrows are actually a really great idea. Might justify not just burning a couple piles of rotting deadman's apparel.
As for obedient animals, you can already keep them out of the way using the animal zones.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

sick puppy

sorry for necro, just wanted to ask if scare crows are gonna be a thing. really wanna use my d apparel for something good, ya know...

Call me Arty