Help needed. Mods Debug Log

Started by Kingman371, December 31, 2017, 09:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingman371

Can someone help me under stand this and help me fix it
Lines 424-572 are red. Lines 574-794, 801-805, 866-874, 913 are yellow.
https://gist.github.com/20cb3e8834b10065e9b1b61da35ecb0a

BrokenValkyrie

Line 424-572 refers this code in vanilla. This is abstract Hediff for implant, normally it should be tagged as  <HediffDef> and not <thingdef>.

<HediffDef Name="ImplantHediffBase" Abstract="True">
    <hediffClass>Hediff_Implant</hediffClass>
    <defaultLabelColor>(0.65, 0.3, 0.9)</defaultLabelColor>
    <isBad>false</isBad>
  </HediffDef>

Two possibility I know of, one mod is outdated and trying to creates its own implant definition or someone overriding vanilla definition. Knowing this the yellow issue likely caused by similar issue. Something is overriding vanilla definition.

"thingClass"  links to assembly code which allows for custom behavior. I looked at Zen garden furniture, many lacks thingClass. This is not a problem on Zen garden end, but it appears many mod furniture are forced to have thingClass tag which they don't need. I actually stumped on cause, I would guess a mod has overridden "BuildingBase" class with empty thingClass.

I am not familiar with all the mod and can't identify to culprit. Its most likely to be caused by a mod attempting to modify implants or/and modifying building.

If it turns out to be vanilla definition override please scold the person responsible, its really bad habit and design that leads to situation like this. Then recommend using xpath patching if they are changing any thing vanilla.

Kingman371

You were right. I disabled Cybernetic Storm, Zen Garden, and Additional Joy Objects. Cybernetic Storm was the red lines for the implants and some yellow lines with the null thingClass. Zen and Joy were most of the yellow lines with the null thingClass.

Lines 801-805, 866-874, 913 are still yellow but I don't think it affect playing.

BrokenValkyrie

Zen Garden and Additional Joy objects aren't the issue, more like victims. I loaded those mods with no issue.  I can't help with the rest of the yellow.

I am unsure of cybernetic storm because I don't have that mod.