Muffalo killed by hungry fox

Started by giannikampa, December 07, 2017, 06:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giannikampa

My Tamed muffalo got attacked and killed by a fox, i would call it a bug or balancing issue:
Why such a big animal won't retailate on attack by a small predator? it colud repel and one shot kill the fox if it only tryied, but it only got stunned while fleeing. Weird

And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Dashthechinchilla

It is a little unusual for the fox to attack the muffalo in the first place given the difference in body size. Was the muffalo injured?

Bolgfred

Fleeing, actually should be improved. It's kind of correct that a big animal like a muffalo would fight back, somehow, even when running away.

A) There should be a logic that compares bodySize or something, and turns it into a %-Chance of harming the attacker.
B) Alternative some animals gain a "hoof attack", which is only used, when fleeing.
C) I don't know how the logic works in detail, but animals can turn manhunter whilst being attacked. Sameway animals should turn berserk when getting hit, higher chance while fleeing. This ain't a permanent berserk, but until the hunter is struck down.
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

Bakar

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Golden

I would think that the ai would prevent a fox from attacking something as big as a muffalo.  I don't know if this is true, but on another thread someone said that the code that limits the prey size of a predator is wrong for the fox.

Dashthechinchilla

I have had map predators attack my tame muffalo, but only if they were recently injured like in a raid.

Snafu_RW

This can happen if the predator is starving, too
Dom 8-)

kubolek01

Leave it, just a little training wasted ;)
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

SpaceDorf

Sadly I can't find the screenshot when my Caerbannog Bunny took down a Bear,
but a wolf I can proof  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Limdood

I had an arctic fox hunt and kill (not manhunter) a visitor i had patched up and was hobbling off the map.  It seems injury affects what a predator will consider an acceptable hunting target.

Shurp

Yes, predators intentionally go after injured targets, a feature that's actually very realistic.

(as opposed to foxes killing mufallo)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Euzio

I'm not certain if animals have these options, but can't tamed animals have the option to fight back similar to how we activate them for colonists? If its not in the game I do think at least it should be.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Euzio on December 11, 2017, 02:59:02 AM
I'm not certain if animals have these options, but can't tamed animals have the option to fight back similar to how we activate them for colonists? If its not in the game I do think at least it should be.

I don't think it is in the game, but in my oppionion combat trained animals ( release )
should get a setting similiar to colonists ( fight / flee / ignore )
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.