[B19] Wild Animal Sex 3.2 - Now it just feels... natural....~

Started by WalkingProblem, December 07, 2017, 02:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingProblem

Mod Updated to 1.5

FORUM LINK: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37461.0
NON-STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://walkingproblem.com/sdm_downloads/wild-animal-sex-ver1-5/
STEAM DOWNLOAD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1224175982

CHANGELOG 1.5:
– Slowed down predator spawn to once a day
– Disable spawning of "unnatural animals"
– Fixed spawning locations
– Doubled prey population limit

Quote from: crusader2010 on January 01, 2018, 03:16:51 PM
Hi. Might I suggest some QOL changes?
1. Change the ratio of [prey/predators] a bit... my map had like [~60%/~40%], which is a huge amount of predators, for any map.
2. Make predators not attack each other and change their hunger rate according to how much prey there is in their immediate vicinity (let's say 10-15 tiles?). Minimum hunger rate = vanilla value (the higher the rate, the faster they need to eat something).

3. Make predators stop spawning inside unrevealed areas or inside mountains. It's really annoying to find creatures digging through the mountain to get to your base, just because they spawned in a 3x3 area somewhere.

Yeah, the 1.4 predator spawning is too fast, so I fixed it (it actually is alright for new games, but for existing save games... it kindda screw things up with too many predators)

Now it is fixed. I also fixed the spawning location, so they wont be spawning inside mountains caves anymore.

As for predators, they do hunt each other (probably not predators of the same size... depends on the predator settings)

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 01, 2018, 03:08:21 PM
I'm really excited with the new update. I was hesitant to install this mod earlier because I had about 20 wolves and didn't want to feed them extra food. Now with the new balancing I'm finally going to give this mod a shot!

Download the 1.5 version. (I just launched it)

Its better.

Quote from: Madman666 on January 01, 2018, 11:17:50 AM
The only problem I am expecting so far with new predator-prey balancing system is boomalopes and boomrats. They will be counted as prey and cause more predators to spawn if they spread too much, but since nothing actually hunts them aside from player controlled kill squads - predators will run out of available prey and start causing trouble for the colony until player clears out both overspread boomalopes and newly spawned predators. So your idea of fire and explosion proof superpredator actually kind of interesting. Unless you've come up with something else to deal with boom-a-types of animals.

Yeah, but it might be a separate mod: I will look into it.

crusader2010

Thanks for the quick update! Going to try it now (in an existing save). About the boomalopes/boomrats, one idea would be to make some predators eat them whole (e.g. creatures from Megafauna mod), thus preventing their explosion (somehow). Or to change (if possible) what predators want to eat based on the ratio of the prey on the map (i.e. if 70% are boomalopes, they should try to go for them instead of a lonely squirrel).
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

WalkingProblem

Quote from: crusader2010 on January 02, 2018, 08:49:22 AM
Thanks for the quick update! Going to try it now (in an existing save). About the boomalopes/boomrats, one idea would be to make some predators eat them whole (e.g. creatures from Megafauna mod), thus preventing their explosion (somehow). Or to change (if possible) what predators want to eat based on the ratio of the prey on the map (i.e. if 70% are boomalopes, they should try to go for them instead of a lonely squirrel).

The game mechanics cannot eat before animal is killed. So it will explode, just that the predator can be immune to explosions (perhaps?)

As for prey choice, they often just go for the closest prey.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 02, 2018, 11:11:27 AM
Your Patreon says still WildAnimal Sex 1.4 .. I am Confused.

What you mean by Patreon still say Wild Animal Sex 1.4? =x

SpaceDorf

I meant, the last time I checked the link went to the old version ... now I landed on the correct version.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

WalkingProblem

For those peeps complaining about the boom rat infestation because of this mod - and you hate boomers...

I have a new mod for you: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1271582812

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Walking Problem on January 16, 2018, 12:38:00 PM
For those peeps complaining about the boom rat infestation because of this mod - and you hate boomers...

I have a new mod for you: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1271582812

Hell yeah man! I honestly freaking HATE boomrats. I think they are fucking pointless, and just waste my CPU cycles and take up wildlife slots that could be used on something better. I feel like you could have the same boomrats in your entire game as long as they don't freeze or leave map. No one can eat them, they only ever die from a freak accident, and just all around pointless if you ask me. I at least want boomalopes because I will go hunt all 10-20 of them at once when it rains with a few hunters. Boomrats aren't even worth the trouble with the pathetic amount of meat they give. I also have the mods so that boomalopes produce neutroglycerin when milked, that can be further refined into chemfuel or neutroamine, so they are at least of acceptable use to me. Meanwhile I would much rather have all boomrats be gone, they are a small animal so just replace them with rats or whatever that the predators on the map can eat.

EDIT: Even better, you just removed them from spawning, but not like "delete" them from the game. I mean, I don't know if you could even do that or not. Because I still plan on spawning in a few boomalopes from dev mode for myself, but that's all I ever want. This is a new must have patch for me! Thanks, Walking Problem!

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 16, 2018, 01:13:19 PM
Even better, you just removed them from spawning, but not like "delete" them from the game. I mean, I don't know if you could even do that or not. Because I still plan on spawning in a few boomalopes from dev mode for myself, but that's all I ever want. This is a new must have patch for me! Thanks, Walking Problem!

You can still spawn them using Prepare Carefully in a new game or using Dev Mode.

I just remove them from spawning naturally and from manhunter event. So technically, the creatures are still in the game.

And oh yah - if they can be sold by caravans or orbital traders (i'm not sure) - then yes, you can still buy them in the game.

minakurafto

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: minakurafto on January 17, 2018, 07:43:42 PM
can we exclude boom boom rodent from mating ?

I don't understand why you want that, when Walking Problem already provided a patch to stop them from spawning. You should only have to worry about them mating if you spawn them in. Or do you want boomalopes to still spawn, just not boomrats? If that's the case, you can easily edit the patch xml, I can help if you want.

minakurafto

how many is prey limit before predator comes? boom boom is no more problem with patch, but other small fast breeding critter replace it

is it possible to force overpopulated prey leave map?

Madman666

I guess my worries about having to deal with boom-species animals infestations were pointless, overpopulation of prey is only a problem in places with consistently warm climates. If you have a winter with at least -10 -15 С most prey leaves the map. And couple quadrums of warm weather in spring and summer aren't really enough for them to spread. It does feel slightly different since you do get some "baby" versions of some animals like hares and boars towards fall, but otherwise feels pretty much the same as vanilla. In a warm climate places with year-round growtimes it can probably be a problem though.

I really like maps with a reasonably cold winters, for added challenge and also I just like snow, so I wish there were winter versions of animals, or they didn't all just leave.

I believe you can disable animals leaving the map in winter even through xml though. They'll still leave when all the grass dies from cold though and disabling that also will just make them all die and thats just broken.... Ah, nevermind.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: minakurafto on January 19, 2018, 05:08:23 AM
how many is prey limit before predator comes? boom boom is no more problem with patch, but other small fast breeding critter replace it

is it possible to force overpopulated prey leave map?

Every map is different. But I can safely say, the limit is quite high - because that is the lure of this mod - the abundance of animals.

Quote from: Madman666 on January 19, 2018, 05:41:57 AM
I guess my worries about having to deal with boom-species animals infestations were pointless, overpopulation of prey is only a problem in places with consistently warm climates. If you have a winter with at least -10 -15 С most prey leaves the map. And couple quadrums of warm weather in spring and summer aren't really enough for them to spread. It does feel slightly different since you do get some "baby" versions of some animals like hares and boars towards fall, but otherwise feels pretty much the same as vanilla. In a warm climate places with year-round growtimes it can probably be a problem though.

I really like maps with a reasonably cold winters, for added challenge and also I just like snow, so I wish there were winter versions of animals, or they didn't all just leave.

I believe you can disable animals leaving the map in winter even through xml though. They'll still leave when all the grass dies from cold though and disabling that also will just make them all die and thats just broken.... Ah, nevermind.

Yes. LOL~ 

I have some intention to make a mod that makes animal "hibernate" or have hidden holes/homes in which the animals appear and hide during winter (or in fact, all season). To create a more realistic animal ecosystem.

Madman666

Quote from: Walking Problem on January 19, 2018, 02:48:40 PM
Yes. LOL~ 

I have some intention to make a mod that makes animal "hibernate" or have hidden holes/homes in which the animals appear and hide during winter (or in fact, all season). To create a more realistic animal ecosystem.

That would be a really damn nice addition. I'll definitely check it out if you decide to go through with your idea. It will play really nicely with this one)