[B19] Wild Animal Sex 3.2 - Now it just feels... natural....~

Started by WalkingProblem, December 07, 2017, 02:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpnm92

First of all i love this mod.

Second of all is there a mod that allows me to castrate/sterilize my dogs? hehe xD

dorakath

When prey population triggers predator spawning? After year on temperate swamp I have 70 hares, 80 squirrels, 200 boars and only carnivores are my 5 huskies. Is animal limit that high or somethings not working?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: dorakath on January 22, 2018, 10:18:56 AM
When prey population triggers predator spawning? After year on temperate swamp I have 70 hares, 80 squirrels, 200 boars and only carnivores are my 5 huskies. Is animal limit that high or somethings not working?

Yes... I think I set it a little too high.

I will bring in down in the next update~

Asmith

I have the opposite problem.  I literally have more predators than other wild animals and the "predator spawning" message keeps coming on every day.  Does the cap include tame animals in its calculation?  I have a large number of tame animals.  Could you include an option to disable or customize the predator spawn feature? Thanks.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Asmith on January 26, 2018, 01:43:57 PM
I have the opposite problem.  I literally have more predators than other wild animals and the "predator spawning" message keeps coming on every day.  Does the cap include tame animals in its calculation?  I have a large number of tame animals.  Could you include an option to disable or customize the predator spawn feature? Thanks.

Tame animals are not in the calculation (although some say it does)

Looks like me bringing down the limit is making people sad... lol....

I need to learn Huglibs, so that you guys can set it yourself. I shall set it higher again.

---

Can you guys open the debug log, and tell me what is the maxdensity and the current thats in your game now?

I want to see how bad is the situation in your games.

WalkingProblem

WILD ANIMAL SEX 2.0

NOW WITH MOD SETTING~!!!
You can now adjust the prey population limit in the mod settings!

---

NON-STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://walkingproblem.com/sdm_downloads/wild-animal-sex-ver2-0/
STEAM DOWNLOAD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1224175982

---

If you like my mods... PLEASE:

FUND MY MODS @ PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/walkingproblem
BUY ME A MEAL/COFFEE: https://ko-fi.com/walkingproblem

---

CHANGELOG 2.0:
– Added Mod Setting option to adjust Prey Population Limit

CHANGELOG 1.7:
– Double prey population limit to previous level (sorry lagging guys, get a new computer)
– Added Prey Limit, Current Prey Population, Number of Prey and Number of Predator stats to the Overpopulation Alert description box

CHANGELOG 1.6:
– Reduced prey population limit by half.
– Disable deterioration for vanilla fertilized eggs

Harry_Dicks

Nice. Do you know how this might interact with RF - Configurable Maps wildlife slider? With it you can set how much fauna you want on your map, but cannot differentiate between predators and prey.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 29, 2018, 02:40:49 PM
Nice. Do you know how this might interact with RF - Configurable Maps wildlife slider? With it you can set how much fauna you want on your map, but cannot differentiate between predators and prey.

I have no idea man. But it should not conflict, because all this mod does is actually to make animals mate. and if there is x amount of prey on the map, spawn predators daily. So logic wise, this is a simple mod. =}

Kori

Hey Walking Problem,

I'm enjoying this mod a lot, should be vanilla! :)
Can you please tell me how the setting for the population limit works, i.e. how many wild animals are allowed when set to 5?

I currently have almost 200 boars, around 90 capybaras, 90 rats and a bunch of other wild animals on the map and haven't got a notification about spawning predators yet. Not that I'm complaining, I just wondered what the limits are.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Kori on February 11, 2018, 10:25:19 AM
Hey Walking Problem,

I'm enjoying this mod a lot, should be vanilla! :)
Can you please tell me how the setting for the population limit works, i.e. how many wild animals are allowed when set to 5?

I currently have almost 200 boars, around 90 capybaras, 90 rats and a bunch of other wild animals on the map and haven't got a notification about spawning predators yet. Not that I'm complaining, I just wondered what the limits are.

Hi Kori,

The population limits depends on 2 things: map size and biome. Each biome have its own preset (vanilla) of how much animals they will spawn (which is also affected by map size). Once the biome-map reach its vanilla limit, it will stop spawning animals. However, they can continue to give birth (as enable by the mod).

So once it hits the prey population limit, as set by the mod (which you can adjust in the mod setting) - predators will start to "force spawn" on a daily basis, as they are attracted by the abundance of prey. 

As the "number/value" is dynamic as it is affected by the biome and the map size - I only set it as a 1-10 level setting, to simplify it.

If you think the prey population is too high already (at level 5), you can set it to level 4, and see if the "prey overpopulation" alert will appear. Once the alert appear, you will be able to see the prey population level when you mouse over the alert, to see how "far" it is from a "stable" prey population.

Kori

This helped a lot, thank you very much! :)

Level 5 isn't too high, I don't mind many wild animals on the map. I just wanted to know when to expect predators, and the population is close to the limit now.

Sleeeper

Playing on Ice Sheet

Does it count predators to prey points? Because there are too many of them.
And they spawn more. I think there needs to be a predator limit too.

Harry_Dicks

Be nice if we could have all sorts of options to tinker with the wildlife. Like WP has done so far, but expanded immensely. Something like a mod options window, but with either sliders or input fields for the following options. Also, I know this isn't asked for, but seeing how options are being added to this mod, I just wanted to put some (probably all terrible) ideas out there, and see if they sound appealing. Also, the idea behind most of these options is that you could change them at anytime on the fly, and that the game will adjust to these new values overtime. That way you wouldn't have to make a new game whenever you wanted to change some of these settings.

-Allow baby animals to require a mother's milk for their first life stage

-Total wildlife amount of wildlife (this should also overwrite any other wildlife quantity modifiers, like from RF - Configurable Maps, wouldn't want any other mods to overwrite the options for a mod dedicated solely to wildlife control)

-small:medium:large animal ratio

-herbivore:omnivore:carnivore animal ratio

-Ability to change aggressiveness of all predators, or only certain kinds (e.g. make wolves super aggressive, but make bears more passive)

-Allow wolves to act like a pack, this includes things like defending each other, hunting like a pack, allowing mature females to nurse other pack members babies (if baby/mother animal milking is ever introduced)

-Global wildness modifiers, or species specific. Right now, I think an animal's wildness will still affect it's ability to be trained, which I think could use some adjustments

-Global training modifiers, or species specific.

-Ability to alter the mood debuff a pawn will receive if a bonded animal dies. Tynan made a post recently asking people about using animals in combat, and it seemed like maybe 85% of the responses people said they don't like to use them in combat because it's not worth it if the animal gets hurt badly or dies. I think if we could have something to fix this, it would be a lot better. Like maybe if we could use the mod Therapy to reduce this moodlet, or if we had other options for what we could do to fix a pawn's mood from this. Maybe if they have a second bonded animal this won't be as bad, or they can recover quicker, or whatever.

-The ability to influence who an animal is bonded to. When you start a new game, all the animals you start with will be bonded to a random colonist. That means sometimes they will have a bond with a pawn who can't even control them.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Sleeeper on February 12, 2018, 06:14:07 AM
Playing on Ice Sheet

Does it count predators to prey points? Because there are too many of them.
And they spawn more. I think there needs to be a predator limit too.

Thats the funny thing about Ice Sheet, it typically cannot support any animals - which is why just 4 prey is too many prey~ LOL   

Weirdly, for all that predators, they did not kill the 4 preys...  LMAO

I think the only way I can "fix" this, is to ensure there can never be more "predators" than "prey" on a map~

What you think?

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 12, 2018, 07:33:46 AM
Be nice if we could have all sorts of options to tinker with the wildlife. Like WP has done so far, but expanded immensely. Something like a mod options window, but with either sliders or input fields for the following options. Also, I know this isn't asked for, but seeing how options are being added to this mod, I just wanted to put some (probably all terrible) ideas out there, and see if they sound appealing. Also, the idea behind most of these options is that you could change them at anytime on the fly, and that the game will adjust to these new values overtime. That way you wouldn't have to make a new game whenever you wanted to change some of these settings.

-Allow baby animals to require a mother's milk for their first life stage

-Total wildlife amount of wildlife (this should also overwrite any other wildlife quantity modifiers, like from RF - Configurable Maps, wouldn't want any other mods to overwrite the options for a mod dedicated solely to wildlife control)

-small:medium:large animal ratio

-herbivore:omnivore:carnivore animal ratio

-Ability to change aggressiveness of all predators, or only certain kinds (e.g. make wolves super aggressive, but make bears more passive)

-Allow wolves to act like a pack, this includes things like defending each other, hunting like a pack, allowing mature females to nurse other pack members babies (if baby/mother animal milking is ever introduced)

-Global wildness modifiers, or species specific. Right now, I think an animal's wildness will still affect it's ability to be trained, which I think could use some adjustments

-Global training modifiers, or species specific.

-Ability to alter the mood debuff a pawn will receive if a bonded animal dies. Tynan made a post recently asking people about using animals in combat, and it seemed like maybe 85% of the responses people said they don't like to use them in combat because it's not worth it if the animal gets hurt badly or dies. I think if we could have something to fix this, it would be a lot better. Like maybe if we could use the mod Therapy to reduce this moodlet, or if we had other options for what we could do to fix a pawn's mood from this. Maybe if they have a second bonded animal this won't be as bad, or they can recover quicker, or whatever.

-The ability to influence who an animal is bonded to. When you start a new game, all the animals you start with will be bonded to a random colonist. That means sometimes they will have a bond with a pawn who can't even control them.

What you asking is more than just sliders or input fields... LMAO

- Baby require mother's milk = totally altering how animal behave = Big problem.
- s m l animal ratio : the ratio already exist in vanilla, but its "meaningless" in the face of wild animal sex - you cant "auto kill off" if the ratio is off isnt it?
- same issue goes with the herbivore omnivore carnivore ratio - you cannot alter this, unless you want the animals to just leave the map when the ratio is off - thats really messing too much with the eco-system. going against my principle of "not messing with vanilla mechanics"
- change aggressiveness of predators : they are only "aggressive" when hungry. what you are asking for is probably changing their hunger rate ; which is also pointless. If its just a "predator mechanic" where everyone just avoids the predator, its in the plans, but for a separate stand alone mod, which I have no time to work on.
- global wildness modifier : i suggest you just edit the xml files yourself if you want an animal to be easier to tame. its just a lot of work, for something 99% of the players wont use
- training modifiers is the same as wildness
- alter mood debuff when bonded animal dies : i think it should stay as it is; its only make sense the pawn should get depressed if a bonded animal die. As for the animal army issue, just get my minions mod to build the army. You can also "leave the bonded animal without a master" during a raid, to prevent it from going to war.
- Influence who an animal is bonded to at the start of the game?? Just dun spawn with them, and dev mode them in, and train from scratch. Its a vanilla issue or a prepare carefully mod issue. I wont touch this. 

Sorry... so its basically "no" to virtually all of them. LMAO