Oxygen depletion

Started by Arkay_The_Arcane, December 07, 2017, 03:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkay_The_Arcane

Oxygen depletion would basically be the following: If you're inside a room with no way outside (like no doors), and no roofs, eventually the room will run out of oxygen. This is to prevent what is in my oppinion a pretty cheaty tactic of just locking someone in a room with a load of food, removing the door, and then just letting him deal with addiction on his own. It could also make mountain bases a bit more difficult.

doomdrvk

Quote from: Robotic_Killer on December 07, 2017, 03:30:02 PM
Oxygen depletion would basically be the following: If you're inside a room with no way outside (like no doors), and no roofs, eventually the room will run out of oxygen. This is to prevent what is in my oppinion a pretty cheaty tactic of just locking someone in a room with a load of food, removing the door, and then just letting him deal with addiction on his own. It could also make mountain bases a bit more difficult.
Its rather easy to cheese this method as well as you can simply have 1 roof gone or a vent.

Guluere

Quote from: doomdrvk on December 07, 2017, 03:33:37 PM
Quote from: Robotic_Killer on December 07, 2017, 03:30:02 PM
Its rather easy to cheese this method as well as you can simply have 1 roof gone or a vent.

That would make the room become outside, so, that's not really cheesing, but more of that's how it works.

Bolgfred

To make it work, oxygen needs to be treated like temperature:

-Outside is outside
-vents/door/roof hole transfer it
-the more difference difference in/out-side, the faster it goes.

I like the idea, but implemention should be done carefully, as even a dining room or workshop can be habitated by a lot of people and might depleted too quick
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

Guluere

I feel like this is just you playing too much oxygen no included.

doomdrvk

Quote from: Guluere on December 08, 2017, 05:24:10 AM
That would make the room become outside, so, that's not really cheesing, but more of that's how it works.
Not if its behind a vent I believe it would still be counted as indoors or you could just put an air conditioner in again still rather easy to cheese.