Super mortar event

Started by Arkay_The_Arcane, December 07, 2017, 03:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkay_The_Arcane

A super mortar event would be a mortar being fired from far away, barraging the map from an unreachable location for a few days (bear with me)

The super mortar would thus be in an unreachable location for the player (optionally, it could be a marked location that can be attacked), and shoot giant mortar shells at the player's location, that have a large explosion radius.

Of course, this would be INCREDIBLY OP, so I've thought of some balancing.

• The mortar is not accurate at all. The shell basically just hits a random spot on the map, similar to a meteorite.
  • It takes a very, very long time to reload. About a tenth, or even less, of a normal mortar's firing speed.
  • It's shells leave behind scrap, metal and components.

Bolgfred

I think this was already mentioned a few times here. Me for myself did this twice:
one and two

For the event itself you're suggesting, there are two ways to go:

1. The mortars shot are standard, so this one is nothing else than a siege event plus a caravan
2. The mortars are stronger, meaning they, kill random things, which doesn't sound very happy for me.

Please don't get me wrong but without anything special this sounds quite boring for me. To make this worth, the event should have something special.
Maybe three bombs are shot into your base. Same time a blackmail letter arrives, demanding something from players inventory ( silver, items, animals, organs) and a 2-12 hours countdown.
After the countdown the bombs explode in a 10 tiles radius exept you pay. Bombs can be disarmed. Failure chance 100%-science*4

..or maybe The mortar shots are glowing balls, which eject massive heat or coolness, which has to be destroyed to stop them.

..or their shooting raiders... or cows...
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil