Slavery

Started by Arkay_The_Arcane, December 08, 2017, 05:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkay_The_Arcane

This concept is to give more purpose to enprisonment (Because recruits, organ farms and money isn't enough, I guess).

Basically, you can force prisoners to do labor around your prison, at a price of course. You can select what areas prisoners are allowed to work in, and what jobs they should do first. However, to avoid it being too OP, here are some balancers:

1: If prisoners help with growing or preparing food, they might poison it, giving that food a 100% food poisoning guarantee, or maybe even worse.
2: If prisoners enter a room with anything they can use as a weapon, they might take that weapon and try to jailbreak on the spot. Depending on how good the weapon is, the chance of them attempting to escape increases (for example, they're probably not gonna try to break out if all they find is a wooden log while everyone in your colony is carrying miniguns.)
3: Prisoners need to be motivated to do work, or they'll slack. You could for example give them extra food if they work, which will motivate them, or you could punish prisoners who refuse to work. Extra food increases recruitment chance, but costs food, while punishing decreases recruitment chance, while being free (except for any possible medical costs).
4: If prisoners work outside, they might try to escape, so it might be wisest to have some guards around (drafted colonists)
5: You cannot assign prisoners to do research, medical, artistic, handling, wardening (duh) or hunting (duh).

Guluere

SpaceDorf

There are even several proof of concept mods around the theme.

Sadly not yet ported to B18, except for one.
But try the search option. You'll see.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

doomdrvk

Quote from: SpaceDorf on December 08, 2017, 05:24:38 AM
There are even several proof of concept mods around the theme.

Sadly not yet ported to B18, except for one.
But try the search option. You'll see.
Prison labor is updated if you look in the comments on the mod page on steam you'll see a github download but this is most likely still not bug free which is why it isn't posted on steam yet.

Anyway, I think credit for this suggestion should be from the Prison Labor mod its pretty obvious you suggested most of this from that mods features. I don't think this mod should be in the base game as it seems it takes focus off trying to recruit the prisoner. With this implemented you wouldn't need to recruit someone with the skills you need and instead just have them work for you through prison labor which takes away the point of recruiting for most skills.

Penguinmanereikel

I've had an idea like this. Not sure if Tynan will implement any more systems, though.