How to push A18 english modifications on github to be available for translation

Started by NeverPire, December 08, 2017, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeverPire

Could you tell me how to update the current french github to A18 ?
I just speak about bring A18 modifications to the Git to make them handy for the translation.
None of the previous members who have done such a thing before are left so we are a little bit helpless.
Can we just copy part of the English version from our own 0.18.1722 version and paste it ?

Please help us, we are in stand-by now.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

kaptain_kavern

Hi there,

NeverPire had to ask in here in last resort because I said I was gonna help and I wasn't replying.

For those who know me from the mods forum, yeah I happen to be French so I step up to be their "tech-savvy" guy and try to help (even though I'm only playing the game in English - even my mods have no French translation).

But now that I have made my home works (research and tests) I have more precise questions.

While searching I found two tools:

- XML-Comp by arxdsilva
- RimTrans by duduluu (a name I know from the mods forum  ;D)

Have I missed some other better or more recent tools?

Asking this before doing more serious and time-consuming tests ;-)

For now I've planned to use XML-Comp against this english template folder to add the new tags to translate into the existing french folder and then let the translation team do their work.

I'm also not very sure if I have to upload the "to-be-translated" folder on the main repo for them to work/translate or if all the works have to be done on my fork before integrating the "finished product" into the main repo

Thanks in advance