[Mod Request] AI Research Enhancer

Started by Errant Vagrant, December 08, 2017, 06:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Errant Vagrant

I'm running a story-based game, starting with Tribal and working my way up.  However, part of the story does involve getting an AI core and using that to help "uplift" the colony.

I'm not looking for anything too special, I don't think.  Just something to research after Microelectronics and the Multi-Analyzer that produces a misc. building job that requires an AI core, 200 steel, 10 components, and 20 gold.  I'd like that to be able to link to research benches like the Multi-Analyzer, but would give a bonus to research that could be set via the Mod Options.  I'm not sure what percentage I'd like yet.

I don't care about the appearance of it.  You could just reuse the Vitals Monitor for all I care.

I'd like to thank you for the consideration on this.  I have other things that I'd like for it, but those are pipe dreams and I wouldn't request them without compensation or the like as they'd be much more involved.

Albion

Creating this kind of building would be easy enough. I actually have one in my mod but with different stats and building costs.
Just give me a research speed increase percentage and I will put it together.
It'll probably take me longer to publish the mod and write a forum post than to code the thing.

Just out of curiosity: what are those pipe dreams? Maybe they are easy enough or are fun and interesting ideas.

Canute

When this job is too easy for you, lets made it a bit diffucult.
Since you need the AI chip for this building,
could it be possible that this researchbench enhancer generate some low skill research points ?
Like a lvl 5 researcher.

Albion

Done.
Link to forum thread
Link to the mod on Steam

For now I only did the research increase by 100%.
Including a constant point generator is possible but I would have to investigate on how to do such a thing since I have never done something like that.
Any other ideas/suggestions in regards to this bulding? I'm happy to help.