[MOD] (Alpha 5) Map Generator Pack v1.21

Started by ItchyFlea, June 01, 2014, 07:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peyote

Quote from: ItchyFlea on July 01, 2014, 02:34:16 AM
Quote from: Peyote on July 01, 2014, 12:43:08 AM
Can you make a map with combine Sea and mountain?
Its like valley but only one mountain in the north or south and with sea in west or east.
Will do that for the Alpha 5 version.

Thank you .. Glad to hear that.
And does this version work with 4F BetterPower+ (V4.1.0) ?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Peyote on July 01, 2014, 08:10:07 PM
And does this version work with 4F BetterPower+ (V4.1.0) ?
Technically yes, but it would make BP+ extremely difficult, as none of the BP+ map-specific things will spawn.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

ItchyFlea

Updated to Alpha 5.

Changes:
Updated to Alpha 5.
Cave generator removed. (Caused too many problems to be worth it.)
Utilised biome feature.
     - Fertile Plains: Cactus doesn't generate.
     - Snowy Worlds: All plants look better. Rain weather effect replaced with Snow weather* effect.
Version that utilises Base Mod.

*: Special thanks to Tynan for implementing the snow weather effect.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Nice save

For anyone who wants one of the map types to be the one they play on, go into the Defs/MapGeneratorDefs folder in the mod, and make 10 or more copies of it. Then go into each of the copies and look for this line near the top (substitute FertileValley for whatever):

<defName>FertileValley</defName>

Change FertileValley in each copy to FertileValley1, FertileValley2, etc. - the point is to make each one unique.

This won't eliminate the other map types, but you can delete them from the folder. The default one will still generate, but only 1 in every (number of copies + 1) maps will be the default one.

This can also be used in a less extreme manner to make the choice of map weighted, while still allowing the other map types.

Also, a suggestion: Could you put in the map script a section to generate small areas of sand, like the fertile soil patches? Some mods will assume that sand is available (something I have installed includes a sand extractor).

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Nice save on July 07, 2014, 03:29:55 PM
Also, a suggestion: Could you put in the map script a section to generate small areas of sand, like the fertile soil patches? Some mods will assume that sand is available (something I have installed includes a sand extractor).
What mod is that? I've got a workaround solution (as I don't intend to add sand to map generation) but want to check to make sure that workaround works prior to releasing it.

JorDash

Any possibility of some sort of compatibility with the Colonist Creation mod? It's sooo hard to choose between this mod and that one. They are both must haves in my opinion.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: JorDash on July 07, 2014, 06:33:27 PM
Any possibility of some sort of compatibility with the Colonist Creation mod? It's sooo hard to choose between this mod and that one. They are both must haves in my opinion.
This can be done. Just waiting for a reply from Argain before I post a compatible version of this map pack.

PunisheR007

Itchy also people are wanting compatability with my mod a fighting chance.
Would be great if you could add it :).
All my mods are open to anyone who would like to add them to there mod or use anything from them.
Cheers Itchy.

drmskr

Has anyone tried putting map info like this into a Story Teller, as a way to select a map type?

ItchyFlea

Uploaded versions compatible with Colonist Creation Mod and A Fighting Chance Mod (PA Version only) as well as versions compatible with both of those.

Quote from: drmskr on July 08, 2014, 03:33:44 AM
Has anyone tried putting map info like this into a Story Teller, as a way to select a map type?
Can't be done unfortunately.

Quote from: Nice save on July 07, 2014, 03:29:55 PM
All the versions now contain sand as a buildable item. It's found in the floors tab.

JorDash

QuoteUploaded versions compatible with Colonist Creation Mod and A Fighting Chance Mod (PA Version only) as well as versions compatible with both of those

You are the man Itchy. Thank you.

JKTD1919

Itchy, you are my favorite modder. You may not have all of my favorite mods, but you are damned loyal to your own. Prompt, thorough, and actively in pursuit of user requests. And humble, considering you relinquished Zombies when someone did it without modding Core.

Will these updates be incorporated into Base Mod? (including Colonist Creation compatibility if and when you do it?)
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: JKTD1919 on July 09, 2014, 12:43:41 AM
Itchy, you are my favorite modder. You may not have all of my favorite mods, but you are damned loyal to your own. Prompt, thorough, and actively in pursuit of user requests. And humble, considering you relinquished Zombies when someone did it without modding Core.

Will these updates be incorporated into Base Mod? (including Colonist Creation compatibility if and when you do it?)
Thanks.

Speaking of zombies, I'm looking forward to when that is updated for A5. Shelling zombies with mortars, or boarding the ship and escaping just as a massive horde comes through. ;D

I'm not sure how to answer your question regarding Base Mod. I'm trying to make that in a way similar to Minecraft Forge, where it doesn't add any new content on it's own, but rather provides a way for mods to be compatible with each other.
The main problem with mod compatibility is the BaseMapGenerators.xml file, and as such it's currently impossible to run 2 or more mods that both modify that file without them interfering with each other. Base Mod also has this problem, and I have yet to find a solution to it. (I do have a workaround solution in mind though.)

JKTD1919

Does that mean the ZZCOMP guy wasn't QUITE able to fix the problem?
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

letharion

Since this will likely become a problem in the base game in A6, I posted it as a "regular" bug in the bug thread, but for now, it's also relevant here.

Notification texts are often unreadable when playing snow worlds: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4657.0