[MOD] (Alpha 5) Map Generator Pack v1.21

Started by ItchyFlea, June 01, 2014, 07:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagineer1

Quote from: ItchyFlea on July 07, 2014, 09:22:27 PM
Quote from: JorDash on July 07, 2014, 06:33:27 PM
Any possibility of some sort of compatibility with the Colonist Creation mod? It's sooo hard to choose between this mod and that one. They are both must haves in my opinion.
This can be done. Just waiting for a reply from Argain before I post a compatible version of this map pack.

For the snowy worlds. Will there be the possibility of having some unique moodlets for that world? Like if you stay outside for too long your colonists will get cold, and eventually freeze to death?
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Nice save

Quote from: ItchyFlea on July 07, 2014, 06:22:27 PM
Quote from: Nice save on July 07, 2014, 03:29:55 PM
Also, a suggestion: Could you put in the map script a section to generate small areas of sand, like the fertile soil patches? Some mods will assume that sand is available (something I have installed includes a sand extractor).
What mod is that? I've got a workaround solution (as I don't intend to add sand to map generation) but want to check to make sure that workaround works prior to releasing it.

Sorry, I forgot I posted this. I was thinking of the Sand Quarry from Mechanical Defence, but it turns out that works on any diggable ground anyway.

Geoblazer5

It seems that every time i'm about to get a map with snow or water in it the screen turns blue and black and then freezes. Then the only way i can get out of it is to restart rimworld. Help?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Geoblazer5 on July 15, 2014, 04:35:15 PM
It seems that every time i'm about to get a map with snow or water in it the screen turns blue and black and then freezes. Then the only way i can get out of it is to restart rimworld. Help?
If you're running the version that requires Base, do you have Base activated? Base is a separate mod that must be activated prior to activating the mappack. (I have discontinued Base. I recommend grabbing the Standard version of the mappack and using that instead.)

If you're running the standard version, please post the Output_log.txt file, found in the \RimWorld496Win_Data folder.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Geoblazer5

Here you go. (the output_log.txt file)
Btw, thxs for helping!  :D

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

ItchyFlea

I'm not able to reproduce the bug. There are a few .XML errors in that log, indicating that at least one of the mods you are running is either not for the current version of RimWorld (Alpha 5d) or has been made incorrectly.

There's also an issue with the Untelope mod which I don't see on my end, so I recommend re-downloading that. That issue might be the cause of the problem you're encountering.

Also note that due to how biomes work, unless those mods that add animals have specifically made them so that they spawn in the biomes I've added in my mappack (Only checked Untelope, it does not), you won't see their animals in the Fertile Plains or Snowy Worlds maps.

I'll add a note to the OP for mod authors on what to do to make their animals compatible with this pack.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Geoblazer5

So I unactivated every single mod except this one, core, and the colonist creation mod and now I never get a snow or coast map.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Geoblazer5 on July 16, 2014, 03:04:10 PM
So I unactivated every single mod except this one, core, and the colonist creation mod and now I never get a snow or coast map.
The most likely problem is that the game decided that it'll load CCM after loading this.

Deactivate the version of this that is compatible with CCM, leave the mods menu, re-enter it and reactivate this mod. That will ensure that it overrides the map generator from CCM.

Geoblazer5

Quote from: ItchyFlea on July 16, 2014, 05:02:43 PM
Quote from: Geoblazer5 on July 16, 2014, 03:04:10 PM
The most likely problem is that the game decided that it'll load CCM after loading this.

Deactivate the version of this that is compatible with CCM, leave the mods menu, re-enter it and reactivate this mod. That will ensure that it overrides the map generator from CCM.
Thxs but it's back to the old problem where the screen turns blue and black whenever i get a map with snow or coast in it.

ItchyFlea

Might be an issue with the earlier version of Alpha 5 that you're using. (Your output_log.txt file indicates that you are not using Alpha 5d)

Use the download link in the sendowl email you received when Alpha 5 was first released to get the most recent version, and see if the problem still occurs with that. Also re-download the mods you're using, just in case one of them didn't properly download.

If you no longer have that email, send an email to Tynan, and he'll sort out a new one being sent to you: [email protected]

ShaggyD00

I'm having a prob were all Mappack biomes don't generate berries or agave.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: ShaggyD00 on July 22, 2014, 04:30:39 PM
I'm having a prob were all Mappack biomes don't generate berries or agave.
Snow biomes won't generate them, but normal ones and plains ones should. Are you running any other mods in conjunction with this one? It might be possible that another mod is overriding the plant changes required for them to spawn...

ShaggyD00

I like to play Fertile Valley, but that is bare too. All terrains from mappack are. I'll have to narrow down the mods till I find the culprit.

Rowe

Loving the work you are doing here  :) really cool to see the blood soaked snow outside my fort haha.

I have a couple of random questions, Is there any easy moddable way to tweak map size? Does the map generator use a seed like dwarf fortress? Is there any way to display or input this?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure all those features will eventually be in new releases of the game.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Rowe on July 24, 2014, 12:49:58 AM
Loving the work you are doing here  :) really cool to see the blood soaked snow outside my fort haha.

I have a couple of random questions, Is there any easy moddable way to tweak map size? Does the map generator use a seed like dwarf fortress? Is there any way to display or input this?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure all those features will eventually be in new releases of the game.
The map generator does use a seed, but that is generated by the game and isn't saved. I'm hoping Tynan adds a way for this to be entered manually in the future.

Map sizes can be altered under the Advanced menu when starting a new colony. The sizes range from 200x200 up to 400x400.
You'll have to have a fairly powerful PC to run the 400x400 size, and even then the game isn't optimised for that size so I'd recommend staying between 200x200 and 300x300. (I believe the default size is 250x250.)