[MOD] (Alpha 5) Map Generator Pack v1.21

Started by ItchyFlea, June 01, 2014, 07:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

With how the game now generates the world and the landable locations, this mod will not be updated to work in Alpha 6. However a replacement will be made. A teaser for that replacement can be found in this post: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3750.msg51467#msg51467

Map Generator Pack v1.21

Description:
This pack adds 6 terrain generators to the game, which the game will choose at random when starting a new colony. It also utilises the new biome feature. Cactus doesn't spawn on the fertile plains maps, weather & plants changed for snowy maps.
The generators are:

• Fertile Plains
  • Fertile Plains - Coast
  • Fertile Plains - Valley
  • Snowy Worlds
  • Snowy Worlds - Valley
  • Normal - Valley
Mod Team:
Downloads:
Mod Compatibility Versions:
Activate the Map Pack after you have activated the mod it's compatible with.
Screenshots:
These are from a previous game version.
Fertile Plains: http://i.imgur.com/D8boJig.png
Fertile Plains - Coast: http://i.imgur.com/kkrejIm.png
Fertile Plains - Valley: http://i.imgur.com/M8U7c9b.png
Snowy Worlds: http://i.imgur.com/xxekv2R.png
Snowy Worlds - Valley: http://i.imgur.com/XSuvHy6.png
Normal - Valley: http://i.imgur.com/FL1GAyX.png

Notes:

• The Snowy Worlds utilise biomes. Weather effects and plants have been changed. (Special thanks to Tynan for implementing snow weather effect.)
  • The cave map generator has been removed.
  • For the coast map, the game may generate roofs over the water. This bug cannot be avoided at the moment.
Notes for modders:

• You may use any of these generators in your own mod/modpack as long as you state in the mod description that you are using one of my generators. Please also include a link to this forum thread.
  • You may modify any of the generators to work with your own mod/modpack as long as you state in the mod description that you are using one of my generators. Please also include a link to this forum thread.
Note for modders that add new animals:

• If you wish for them to spawn in the biomes I've defined in my mappack (Standard version only, I no longer support the Base version.), add these lines to the ThingDef for your animal. You'll also need to grab and add my biome definitions (Found here in any of the packs above: \BiomeDefs\BiomesBase.XML) to your mod. You don't need to ask for permission to do this, you already have it. :)
      <wildBiomes>
        <li>XericShrubland</li>
        <li>FertilePlains</li>
        <li>Snow</li>
      </wildBiomes>

Pack Changelog:
v1.21:

• Bugfix.
v1.2:

• Updated to Alpha 5
  • Utilised biome feature.
v1.1:

• Fixed issue that would prevent the default generator from being used.
Base Mod Versions: (These are no longer supported.)
Mod Compatibility Versions:
Activate the Map Pack after you have activated the mod it's compatible with.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

madpluck

Great job on the quick update! Do you have any plans to offer the maps as separate mods again? I really like the FP Valley, but if I just delete all of the other MapGeneratorDefs in the mod folder, I just get a map with no side mountain for some reason. o.O

EDIT: Huge lie. Just tried a couple more times and eventually got a FP Valley map!
Looks beautiful and spawns with all of the trees and none of the sand!

ItchyFlea

Quote from: madpluck on June 01, 2014, 07:46:12 PM
Great job on the quick update! Do you have any plans to offer the maps as separate mods again?
Yes, should be today sometime after I've updated everything to work in A4. :)

In the meantime though, just deleting the other generator def's works. The game will then only have two generators to choose from, default and the generator you didn't delete. :D

They are now available for individual download and they override the default generator.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

ousire

I really like how it's a whole pack now instead of just a bunch of individual mods. But is there a way to make it so you can select which map type you get instead of it being random every time? I dont want to have to generate a bunch of worlds just to get the one type I wanted

ItchyFlea

Quote from: ousire on June 02, 2014, 04:38:17 AM
I really like how it's a whole pack now instead of just a bunch of individual mods. But is there a way to make it so you can select which map type you get instead of it being random every time? I dont want to have to generate a bunch of worlds just to get the one type I wanted
Not at the moment. I'm hoping Tynan adds that feature in at a later date. In the mean time I've also put up the individual generators so you can use a specific one rather than relying on it to randomly pick the one you want.

JorDash

madpluck

Well I'm trying the cave maps....no luck so far. The animals just keep trying to path to squares that they can't get to. I guess this one needs a look-over before it works with the new pathing system?

nuschler22

Playing Normal Valley and muffalos keep dying from starvation.  I don't know if this is a mod issue because the land isn't growing what they need to eat or if it's a game issue.

I've even gone as far as creating a stockpile where they are and transporting them food to eat.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: nuschler22 on June 03, 2014, 12:51:55 PM
I've even gone as far as creating a stockpile where they are and transporting them food to eat.

Get some breadcrumbs so they follow it to your 'pasture' and hey, you're farming Muffaloes :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

johntiger

I suggest brightening up the green color until they look totally fertile and alive. I didn't like the picture of coast cuz fertile plain was too dark in contrast, really painful on eyes, so I suggest darkening the water a bit more.

Peyote

Can you make a map with combine Sea and mountain?
Its like valley but only one mountain in the north or south and with sea in west or east.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Peyote on July 01, 2014, 12:43:08 AM
Can you make a map with combine Sea and mountain?
Its like valley but only one mountain in the north or south and with sea in west or east.
Will do that for the Alpha 5 version.

vagineer1

Once you've downloaded the Map Generator you want how do you install it?
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: vagineer1 on July 01, 2014, 09:52:27 AM
Activate it in-game like a mod. The pack adds several to the game, which the game will choose to use at random when you start a new colony.
The individual ones override the game's default generator, so that you'll only ever have that particular type of map generate.

vagineer1

Quote from: ItchyFlea on July 01, 2014, 03:01:36 PM
Quote from: vagineer1 on July 01, 2014, 09:52:27 AM
Activate it in-game like a mod. The pack adds several to the game, which the game will choose to use at random when you start a new colony.
The individual ones override the game's default generator, so that you'll only ever have that particular type of map generate.

Thanks. At least mods for Rimworld are a hell of a lot easier to install than Minecraft's (Well since a few builds ago they are a pain to install)
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.