[B18] While You're Up

Started by klou, December 08, 2017, 08:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarge

This looks benign to me but I have no idea about the bolts and nuts of the stuff. Got a red message and just posting it in case.

Mod RimWorld_WhileYoureUp-master has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.18.1722</targetVersion>
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
Verse.ModMetaData:Init()
Verse.ModMetaData:.ctor(String)
Verse.ModLister:RebuildModList()
Verse.ModLister:.cctor()
Verse.<>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Sarge on January 05, 2018, 03:00:41 PM
This looks benign to me but I have no idea about the bolts and nuts of the stuff. Got a red message and just posting it in case.

Mod RimWorld_WhileYoureUp-master has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.18.1722</targetVersion>
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
Verse.ModMetaData:Init()
Verse.ModMetaData:.ctor(String)
Verse.ModLister:RebuildModList()
Verse.ModLister:.cctor()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Odd, I haven't had any issues with this mod. Did you make sure you have the most up to date version installed? And you are on B18?

Sarge

I'm on B18 yes (1722) and that was immediately after running this mod for the first time. I had just downloaded it.

EDIT: I don't see more than one version on Github. I downloaded the master from the button top right.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Sarge on January 05, 2018, 03:55:09 PM
I'm on B18 yes (1722) and that was immediately after running this mod for the first time. I had just downloaded it.

EDIT: I don't see more than one version on Github. I downloaded the master from the button top right.

What about if you open the About.xml in While You're Up\About\About.xml, what does it say near the top for <targetVersion>?

wwWraith

Sarge, most probably you should extract another folder from the downloaded archive, it should be Mods\WhileYoureUp instead of Mods\RimWorld_WhileYoureUp-master\WhileYoureUp
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

Be careful with the github master. The author didn't follow the file folder structure.
Inside the master, you find another folder WhileYoureUp, this you need to copy to /mods !
Thats why you got the error.

Sarge

Thanks, all fixed now.

It seems it depends on the modder then. I just had a quick look at Infusion for which I also have it as a 'master' and there isn't other Infusion folder inside it.

Canute

You need to look self for each mod that cause trouble.
When you find inside the mod folder the About folder, all is fine, otherwise something is wrong.

Simstu

Hi, cool idea. Do you think it will work on A17?

Canute

Nope,
and since B18 was his first release there isn't any A17 version.
It is about time for you to finish your current colony and start a new B18 rocket. :-)

Harry_Dicks

Hey old man, it's the [CURRENT BETA], times change! :P

Simstu

Maybe I would like to, but my gameplay and mods, that I have, are based on this mod (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33189.msg338272#msg338272) which (unfortunately) is not much going to update... :/

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Simstu on February 25, 2018, 09:47:32 AM
Maybe I would like to, but my gameplay and mods, that I have, are based on this mod (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33189.msg338272#msg338272) which (unfortunately) is not much going to update... :/

If it was xml only I can update it for you, but I have no clue about the airships and Captain OHU's Dropships and such.

Not to tell ya what to do, but do you plan on staying on A17 forever? Or will you swap maybe when 1.0 comes out? Personally, I would feel like I am missing out on so much fantastic content by not going into B18.

Is this save very special for you?

Simstu

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 25, 2018, 10:00:49 AM
Quote from: Simstu on February 25, 2018, 09:47:32 AM

If it was xml only I can update it for you, but I have no clue about the airships and Captain OHU's Dropships and such.

Not to tell ya what to do, but do you plan on staying on A17 forever? Or will you swap maybe when 1.0 comes out? Personally, I would feel like I am missing out on so much fantastic content by not going into B18.

Is this save very special for you?

Yep. You know what? Don't mind. It seems like I won't have so much time for RimWorld (and PC games generally) anymore, so I will stay on A17 for those couple of months. Thanks. :)

MightyGooga

Hey Guys, hello. I have bee testing the mod for a while. Im noticing that there is a problem with its main functionality. Ill give an example. If I tell the game to remove floors far from the base it literraly takes a lot of time. I think its becouse of the mod. They go over there and as soon as they remove one floor, they have the urge to take the 3 pieces with them. So instead of doing all remove jobs, they do 1 and then haul, then they come back and do it again. Have you guys experienced it:?