[MOD] (Alpha 6) Wood Economy Tweaks v1.24 - Complete

Started by ItchyFlea, June 01, 2014, 07:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

Wood Economy Tweaks v1.24 - Complete

Description:
This mod expands the wood economy with some additional wood related items.

Features:
Added:
  • Wooden Fence
  • Wooden Fence Gate
  • Mulch, QuickMulcher and LogLoader. (All found in Production Category)
  •    - Attach a LogLoader to the QuickMulcher. The QuickMulcher will turn each wood log into 3 piles of mulch, which can be used to "build" Rich Soil.
  • Plant Boxes - 5 in total. Allows growing of: Daylily, Rose, Dandelion, Bush and Pincushion Cactus.
Mod Team:
Download:
Special Thanks:
  • Silvermane - Textures for the Fence, FenceGate and QuickMulcher.
Changelog:
v1.24:
  • Updated to Alpha 6.

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

JorDash

You the man Itchy. Translation: I love your work

madpluck

I love your mods and your speed! Can you add wood mulch back in?! That was my favourite feature from the original mod.

ItchyFlea

Updated to V1.1
Added Wood Mulch. It is made by putting wood logs into a LogLoader attached to a QuickMulcher.
Through the magic of, well, magic, it will quickly turn a single log into a woodmulch-based fertiliser, which can be used to turn normal soil into rich soil.
The designation circle is where it will deposit the mulch.

Also made sure it works with A4E.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

MioCid

You think adding more items to your mod in the near future?

Like a wooden lamp, sofa and hydroponic but made of wood, it would be great from my point of view.

Energy wood maybe, but that's hard in the category of other mods.

I love the wood is my favorite resource.

Srry for my bad englis. I can understand, but I can not answer correctly  :-X

StorymasterQ

Looks like someone's hard for wood :D

On the other hand, excellent work, Itchy.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

madpluck

Quote from: ItchyFlea on June 05, 2014, 03:44:54 AM
Added Wood Mulch.

Yaaaay!! Thanks! Does this mean that you place the QuickMulcher and then it band-applies the mulch? It's not applied like a floor anymore anywhere I want? :(

ItchyFlea

Quote from: madpluck on June 05, 2014, 12:31:33 PM
Yaaaay!! Thanks! Does this mean that you place the QuickMulcher and then it band-applies the mulch? It's not applied like a floor anymore anywhere I want? :(
I was half-asleep yesterday when I wrote the description. The QuickMulcher produces piles of the woodmulch item where the designation circle is. You can then use that to place rich soil wherever you'd like. All 3 are found in the production category.

nuschler22

I was hoping someone could help me.  I have this mod enabled, but for some reason I'm not seeing any of the information from it.  I have version 1.0 installed. 

I'd love to use the wood fence and other things from it but none of it is there. 

Also, is it correct that if I installed V1.1, it would corrupt my current game and I'd have to start over? 

Thanks!

ItchyFlea

Quote from: nuschler22 on June 06, 2014, 08:10:42 PM
I was hoping someone could help me.  I have this mod enabled, but for some reason I'm not seeing any of the information from it.  I have version 1.0 installed. 
I'd love to use the wood fence and other things from it but none of it is there. 
Also, is it correct that if I installed V1.1, it would corrupt my current game and I'd have to start over? 
Thanks!
Only reason I can think of for stuff not showing up is either you don't have the mod activated, or you've got something else activated that overrides it.

I don't think 1.1 would corrupt the save, but I haven't tested this so cannot be 100% sure.

nuschler22

Quote from: ItchyFlea on June 06, 2014, 08:43:22 PM
Quote from: nuschler22 on June 06, 2014, 08:10:42 PM
Thanks!
Only reason I can think of for stuff not showing up is either you don't have the mod activated, or you've got something else activated that overrides it.

I don't think 1.1 would corrupt the save, but I haven't tested this so cannot be 100% sure.

I just loaded the game with the new mod and it gave me some error messages but didn't corrupt the game. 

Thanks again for all your hard work.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: nuschler22 on June 06, 2014, 08:47:13 PM
I just loaded the game with the new mod and it gave me some error messages but didn't corrupt the game. 
Thanks again for all your hard work.
Make sure you're using the current version of the game, Alpha 4E. Use the download link in the email you received when A4 was released to download it.

If you are, what are the error messages?

madpluck

Well I've not had any error messages and I'm running a slew of mods already.
I do want to put in my 2P though on the cost of planting boxes and fences - at the moment they each cost as much as a whole thick wall made of planks. This seems a bit overpriced, eh? I think, based on the functionality and look, that the fences should cost 4 or 5 logs, but not planks. And unless the planter boxes conduct power and provide cover, I think they should probably cost a little less :P granted by the time you get up and running 5 planks isn't really that much, but it just seems weird to me that it would be the same as the cost of a whole, 140HP, power-conducting wall-segment. :D

ItchyFlea

Quite possibly the final version has been uploaded, unless there are any big bugs. :)
There isn't too much different between this and 1.2, so it should be compatible with your saved games. The only major difference between the two are the textures.
  • The cost of the planter boxes was reduced by 1 to 4 wood planks, 1 mulch.
Special thanks to: Silvermane for the textures for the Fence, FenceGate and QuickMulcher.

Known Issues: Few extra items and doubleups in the growzone plant selection box. This won't be fixed as it's only a minor inconvenience and will not have any negatives effects on the game.

ItchyFlea