[Mod Request] Raid Warning Disabler

Started by Colonist51, December 10, 2017, 01:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonist51

Basically it would be really awesome if someone could make a mod that disables warnings/alerts/notifications of raids and sieges, optimally also infestations, manhunter packs and psychic waves. Such a feature is a must-have for a more challenging and tactical gameplay, and in combination with RealFoW and Realistic Darkness that would create the ultimate immersion experience. It's a very simple feature but it would make a big difference...

In fact, there is already a similar mod but it has been abandoned since A16.

Jaxxa

Interesting, I might have a look at it when i get the time.

Nightinggale

I would recommend patching to not adding the letters to the stack in the first place instead of the A16 version, which kills letters when reading the stack. The difference is that the A16 approach might kill notifications from mods, which you do not want to kill. Patching specific events will make sure it will only affect those events.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Jaxxa

What I am thinking is to add options in mod settings to disable the different types of letters, and have made some good progress on it so far.

Colonist51

Thanks Jaxxa! Really looking forward to the release.

Jaxxa

Colonist51

Thanks a lot Jaxxa! And even more so for the fact that you made it much more customizable than I could have wished for. My game is now complete.